Let’s set sail! (Pirate RP)

Show
  1. Loser
    QueerQueen / Sep 20 2021 17.10

our characters are a crew of pirates, we go on adventures, get into trouble and generally get up to shenanigans.

As the creator of this roleplay I will act as captain (apologies if that seems rude of me) and the first first person to join can be the first mate (if they so wish).

The ship is called ’The Driftwood Dingy’ despite being anything but a dingy, as that is what my character started out her pirate career on, a little dingy made of driftwood. a gift from her parents. the current driftwood dingy also used to be her parents ship, they passed it onto her when she turned 17 (it would be preferable for our characters to all be late teens to about 20-21 if possible, if not thats fine too though)

despite pirate crews being steryotypically made up of men, pirates of all genders are welcome

2. Loser
    QueerQueen / Sep 20 2021 17.50

Name: Rosalie Jenkins, or as the crew calls her, Ro/Captain Ro.

sexuality: lesbian (including women, and nonbinary folk eg: demigirls,agender folk, ect.)

Appearance: Long ginger hair pulled into two fishtail braids, pale skin, olive green eyes and a mole under her right eye. shes quite toned from training and swimming so much growing up and is very tall for a girl, coming from her fathers side. so shes about 5’10. (yes this woman is built like an amazon)

Clothing: pale beige-y collared shirt, slightly cropped with loose collar (no tie). Olive green wide legged pants that are cinched at the ankle. brown leather boots with 3 inch kitten heels. her braids are also tied with the same olive green material as the pants. she has a brown leather tricorn pirate hat but she hates wearing it.

personality: outwardly, shes confident and friendly if not slightly cocky, but internally shes pretty insecure about her capabilities, wanting to live up to other, male captains and still very much traumatised by her parents deaths 2 years ago. she loves her crewmates and thinks of them as her family: she acts as either a leader, a friend or a sister, depending on the situation. she has sworn to keep the ship safe in her parents honour. (she named it when she recieved it, as her parents had never bothered to)

3. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Sep 20 2021 18.44

I hope this is okay! -Conner

Name: Samuel Raynes (most people call him Sammy though)

Sexuality: Bi

Appearance: Scruffy brown hair. Tanned. 6’2. Large scar down to left side of his face.

Clothing: Tan shirt, leather belt, brown trouser, leather boots.

Personality: Sammy’s very cocky, but is also very smart and is an amazing strategist. He is a very good theif, and he knows it. However, he refuses to kill anyone because of mysterious backstory reasons. He likes to spend time in high up places. He will steal people’s stuff and hide it just for the fun of it.

4. Loser
    QueerQueen / Sep 20 2021 18.54

thay looks great connor! so would you like Sammy to be first mate or do you want someone else to be first mate?

5. Headphones
    What-are-you / Sep 20 2021 19.08

Name: Vlaria (Last name undecided), nickname is Vlarrie/Vlar.

Gender: Female (Any, but most use she/her, you can use any)

Age: 12 (She is an old OC and that is her original age! Sorry!)

Sexuality: Two labels: Biromantic and Omni, just Omni.

Appearance:Two low braids and blunt bangs, she wears a high bun, her hair is golden. Tan skin, white jacket with light pink sleeves, a purple jumper and blue jeans. Generally barefoot, but wears white trainers off the ship. Her feet have a few bite marks and scars. She wears a black eyepatch and has a sword on her back

Personality:She is bold and outgoing, funny, but not the most logical, and often gets in danger (the reason behind the injured feet). She is both honest and dishonest. Silly and serious.

Skills:Backflips, amateur fencing, Dodging attacks.

Things they are bad at: Thinking thoroughly, finding treasure (if we do).

Backstory: She lived in a family from a cold country (Unamed), but all her family had to leave her behind for safety, so she was found during an attack or treasure hunt.

Question: When is this story set? I could alter my OC or make more sense with backstory if it is set in another time period!

6. Loser
    What-are-you / Sep 20 2021 19.08

Name: Vlaria (Last name undecided), nickname is Vlarrie/Vlar.

Gender: Female (Any, but most use she/her, you can use any)

Age: 12 (She is an old OC and that is her original age! Sorry!)

Sexuality: Two labels: Biromantic and Omni, just Omni.

Appearance:Two low braids and blunt bangs, she wears a high bun, her hair is golden. Tan skin, white jacket with light pink sleeves, a purple jumper and blue jeans. Generally barefoot, but wears white trainers off the ship. Her feet have a few bite marks and scars. She wears a black eyepatch and has a sword on her back

Personality:She is bold and outgoing, funny, but not the most logical, and often gets in danger (the reason behind the injured feet). She is both honest and dishonest. Silly and serious.

Skills:Backflips, amateur fencing, Dodging attacks.

Things they are bad at: Thinking thoroughly, finding treasure (if we do).

Backstory: She lived in a family from a cold country (Unamed), but all her family had to leave her behind for safety, so she was found during an attack or treasure hunt.

Question: When is this story set? I could alter my OC or make more sense with backstory if it is set in another time period!

QueerQueen / Sep 20 2021 19.19

okay this looks nice! if shes 12 i guess she could kind of be the groups collective little sister?

7. Contemplator
    BuddyBooToYou / Sep 20 2021 19.23

Hello! This looks fun. Here's my character.

Name: Xenon Osmund (Call me Xen for short)

Sexuality: ???

Appearance: Long black hair, tied back. Turned blind due to an accident when he was fixing something at the age of 20. Brown, Asian. 6 ft.

Clothing: White shirt with a stained grey apron on top. Toolbox which he carries with him full of all his precious tools.

Personality: Like the carpenter of the ship. Helps fix damaged areas and craft weapons. Good at organising. Has good experience of the ship and is good at his job. Kind of acts like a dad. Bad at jokes.

Weaknesses: Seeing things and getting involved.

Backstory: Was unfortunately sold when he was younger but managed to escape and lived with a blacksmith. Who used to tell him about pirates and that they were dangerous. The blacksmith eventually dies before he joined the pirates.

8. Wallflower
    QueerQueen / Sep 20 2021 18.54

thay looks great connor! so would you like Sammy to be first mate or do you want someone else to be first mate?

AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Sep 20 2021 20.35

Sounds good to me unless someone else wants that role. -Conner

9. Loser
    DaniTheGirl-DannyTheBoy / Sep 20 2021 22.36

hey this looks fun

Name: Dom (short for Dominic/Dominique but everyone calls them Dom)

Gender: Genderfluid (they/them most of the time but any is fine) also with their name they like to present a bit feminine but internally feel quite masculine most of the time, which is why the name sounds a bit more masc

Sexuality: Pansexual

Appearance: dark brown hair thats either down (more feminine days) or in a bun (more masculine days) not muscly but quite strong, white skin, navy shirt with billowy sleeves and an open collar, black wide trousers, black doc martens

Backstory: came upon the ship when running from their brother who accidentally found out they were genderfluid, he was drunk at the time and becoming violent. they keep a silver pendant round their neck that was given by their brother when they were 14 (before he knew they were non-cis) and they keep it as a reminder that nobody will ever be 100% perfect to you, everyone has flaws, but you cant mold people.

personality: somewhat pessimistic (the thing with the pendant) but does have strong beliefs. fiercely overprotective of Vlaria like an older sibling, whenever they go on adventures theyre always trying to protect her which annoys her a bit (im assuming by her character desc)

weaknesses: romantic relationships and talking about feelings

10. Loser
    QueerQueen / Sep 21 2021 7.27

okay great i think we have enough people to start for now! I’ll start in a bit okay? look for my message, crew.

-Qq

11. Loser
    QueerQueen / Sep 21 2021 8.14

okay so I’m gonna start.

I stand at the front of the ship and watch the sun rise over the horizon. welp, time for another day at sea! i take a deep breath in and turn around-

“ARGH!” i yelp and jump back slightly, slipping and falling to the ground. “Sammy! how many times do i have to tell you to stop doing that!?”

Sammy smirks and helps me up. “oh, I dunno, maybe a few more times. you know me, Rosie.”

i growl at him as we walk to the door to the cabins. “stop. calling. me. rosie.”

“but whyyyyyy?” he snickers, “its cute!”

I roll my eyes “Oh please, you know I’m anything but cute.”

he nods as we walk down bellow deck, grabbing a bell from the shelf as we pass it. “yeah, I know. You’re the fearless Rosalie Jenkins…brains.” he taps my forhead. “beauty.” he taps the tip of my nose. “and hair as firey as her personality.” he gently tugs at the end of one of my braids.

”Damn right.” i grin at him as we come to a stop in the middle of the corridor of doors. “Now, Sammy, if you would do the honours.”

he quickly checks the rotor on the wall next to us, clears his throat and raises the golden bell in his hand above his head.

brinnnng, brinnnng, brinnnng, brinnnng, brinnnng

”UP AND AT ‘EM, CREW! DOM, YOU’RE ON BRECKFAST DUTY! XENON, YOU’VE GOT FIRST LOOKOUT SHIFT! VLARRIE…you can get up when you’re ready, kiddo, you’re doing great and we’re all very proud of you!”

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything