Post counselling feedback here!

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Your Site, Your Say (feedback and ideas)

Show
  1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Sep 20 2021 14.40

Hi everyone,

We know lots of you tell us how you find working with the counsellors - on the phone, in a 1-2-1 chat and in email. And it's always really important for everyone at Childline to hear about your experiences.

You can tell us what works, what didn't work, what you like, what you don't like - anything at all! And you can talk about chats, calls and emails in general or let us know about specific counsellors and we can pass feedback on to them for you.

This is something that's always been possible on the boards. But we had a thread running since 2016 and it's become really, really long. So, we thought we'd start a brand new one to let all of you posting now tell us what you think and feel.

Thanks and take care,

Jas-Host

2. Butterfly

Hi everyone,

We know lots of you tell us how you find working with the counsellors - on the phone, in a 1-2-1 chat and in email. And it's always really important for everyone at Childline to hear about your experiences.

You can tell us what works, what didn't work, what you like, what you don't like - anything at all! And you can talk about chats, calls and emails in general or let us know about specific counsellors and we can pass feedback on to them for you.

This is something that's always been possible on the boards. But we had a thread running since 2016 and it's become really, really long. So, we thought we'd start a brand new one to let all of you posting now tell us what you think and feel.

Thanks and take care,

Jas-Host

Coffeeislife476 / Oct 04 2021 23.51

Why was the old thread gotten rid of? why couldnt there be 2? im very confused

3. Childline Avatar

Hi everyone,

Thanks and take care,

Jas-Host

Rafaircadet1 / Oct 09 2021 18.59

hi

is there a reason why chats keep crashing at all? i was in a chat with a counsellor called mike today and it just suddenly cut off. it was really helping me and i feel reslly upset that it just cut off.

4. Fixer
    Icepopsxoxo / Oct 11 2021 15.13

i was just on a chat and it was horrible. the counselor made me feel like i was wasting her time

5. Butterfly
    Icepopsxoxo / Oct 11 2021 15.13

i was just on a chat and it was horrible. the counselor made me feel like i was wasting her time

Coffeeislife476 / Oct 11 2021 15.56

i had one like that too

6. Contemplator
    Coffeeislife476 / Oct 11 2021 15.56

i had one like that too

BuddyBooToYou / Oct 11 2021 18.02

Is it just me or is this happening even more?

7. Butterfly
    BuddyBooToYou / Oct 11 2021 18.02

Is it just me or is this happening even more?

Coffeeislife476 / Oct 11 2021 18.41

not just you

8. Lion
    To-the-forest / Oct 23 2021 8.12

me too and a person called Eoin or something kept treating me like a baby

9. Top dog
    FluffyPenguin9934 / Dec 11 2021 13.38

David was really helpful and clarified what had happened to me in a calming way. Thanks!

10. Top dog
    FluffyPenguin9934 / Dec 12 2021 19.55

Hello Childline!

I just got off my 1-2-1 chat with Mike about covid anxiety and it didnt help me. He just said "its ok to feel worried, but also to sometimes enioy a good time sensibly" but I was trying to tell him that my worry was too much to enjoy the good time. I would rather the councellors listened and offered help/advice, which is what i asked for, rather than trying to comfort us. I have had a much better experience when emailing David the councellor about a different topic. I am not suggesting that Mike is a bad councellor based on that experience alone, just sharing!

There's my feedback, maybe it will help someone :)

11. Outcast
    AnxiousButNotGivingUp / Dec 13 2021 17.28

Yesterday I spoke to Laura about my anxiety. She was absolutely lovely and the chat went well. We were even talking a bit about our favourite film (we both love The Greatest Showman) and about ABBA

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything