i have a bad relationship with food

Show
  1. Nose dive
    bow-and-arrow / Sep 19 2021 21.31

i need some advice on how to help myself eat properly again.

i dont have an eating disorder but i have a very bad relationship with food. i cant bring myself to eat in front of people, and i rarely eat meals anymore. everytime i look at food i feel sick, and i feel so much worse at night because i stuff my face with rubbish i dont need.

im not used to eating full meals so i always feel sick and i nearly constantly feel dizzy.

i want to eat better and actually be healthy for once so does anyone have any tips for better eating?

2. Childline Avatar
    LivelyJoggingLion8669 / Sep 20 2021 22.42

Hey, I know exactly how you feel… I also have a very unhealthy relationship with food, I either eat nothing at all or everything all at once - your not alone ! I feel the same way, I hate eating infront of people - I feel so embarrased like I shouldn’t be eating at all. Iv’e been trying to recover from an ED for a little under a year now, it hasn’t been easy but what iv’e found helpful is to eat regularly throughout the day to avoid binging at night. Try to nourish your body instead of fighting agaisnt it - I know it’s hard but I know you can get through this, you are so much stronger than you think. I completley understand what you mean when you say you feel sick and dizzy when you eat food - I felt the exact same ! Try to start slwoly with just 3 basic meals a day, or whatever you feel like, and work from there. And remmeber not to be so harsh on yuorself - try to honour your cravings and remember that eating junk food or sweets is absoulutely neccessary if you want to restore your relationship with food. i hope this helps, i’m not an expert but these are the things that have really helped me so i hope they can help you too, and maybe we can recover together x

3. Newbie
    bow-and-arrow / Sep 19 2021 21.31

i need some advice on how to help myself eat properly again.

i dont have an eating disorder but i have a very bad relationship with food. i cant bring myself to eat in front of people, and i rarely eat meals anymore. everytime i look at food i feel sick, and i feel so much worse at night because i stuff my face with rubbish i dont need.

im not used to eating full meals so i always feel sick and i nearly constantly feel dizzy.

i want to eat better and actually be healthy for once so does anyone have any tips for better eating?

Reading-Sheep / Sep 22 2021 15.23

I would encourage you to talk with one of the ChildLine counsellors who will be able to provide you a safe space to talk more about this. The counsellors will believe you too. You can talk to a ChildLine counsellor by calling 0800 1111, logging on for a 1-2-1 chat or by sending an email.

Get help here :

https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/

Hope this helps!

-Buggo!

4. Nose dive
    LivelyJoggingLion8669 / Sep 20 2021 22.42

Hey, I know exactly how you feel… I also have a very unhealthy relationship with food, I either eat nothing at all or everything all at once - your not alone ! I feel the same way, I hate eating infront of people - I feel so embarrased like I shouldn’t be eating at all. Iv’e been trying to recover from an ED for a little under a year now, it hasn’t been easy but what iv’e found helpful is to eat regularly throughout the day to avoid binging at night. Try to nourish your body instead of fighting agaisnt it - I know it’s hard but I know you can get through this, you are so much stronger than you think. I completley understand what you mean when you say you feel sick and dizzy when you eat food - I felt the exact same ! Try to start slwoly with just 3 basic meals a day, or whatever you feel like, and work from there. And remmeber not to be so harsh on yuorself - try to honour your cravings and remember that eating junk food or sweets is absoulutely neccessary if you want to restore your relationship with food. i hope this helps, i’m not an expert but these are the things that have really helped me so i hope they can help you too, and maybe we can recover together x

bow-and-arrow / Sep 27 2021 21.42

thank you so much for the advice <3

ill try to use ur advice and i hope ur doing okay :) x

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything