Genderfluidity

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    PowerfulWorkingSwan7753 / Sep 18 2021 13.09

Hi, I decided to make this thread because not a lot of people talk about genderfluidity. Because of this I've been lost about my identity for years but have finally found it and have identified as genderfluid for about a year. If anyone has any questions about genderfluidity, please ask!

2. Loser

Hi, I decided to make this thread because not a lot of people talk about genderfluidity. Because of this I've been lost about my identity for years but have finally found it and have identified as genderfluid for about a year. If anyone has any questions about genderfluidity, please ask!

stuck-in-combat7 / Sep 21 2021 16.54

Hello mate, I'm not gender fluid or anywhere on that spectrum myself, but I'd like to learn more about it to understand a friend. How often do gender fluid people change their gender? Also, how do they define gender? Like, for me, it's 90% physical aspect, 10% social aspects (e.g. clothes, how people interact with you and address you, etc). And lastly, how do you know how to address them (as a guy, girl, etc.)? Hope none of the questions were too weird, thanks :)

3. Burying

hi-i-guess / Sep 21 2021 19.45

hii

my name’s raena, and i use all he/they/she pronouns. im still questioning my gender, but i think im alexihemiboyfluidflux

(alexigender is when you can’t pinpoint the exact gender you’re feeling, but you can tell whether its masculine, feminine or androgynous. hemiboy is similar to demiboy - hemiboy is when you feel partially male and partially something(s) else. you probably know what gendefluid is, but i use it in my gender to represent the part of my gender that is not male. finally, genderflux is when the intensity of your gender fluctuates, not the actual gender.)

i know its more genderflux, than genderfluid but uhhh yeah. id love to talk about genderfluidity!

(have you read magnus chase? it has a genderfluid character in it and lgbt representation)

4. Sheep

Hello mate, I'm not gender fluid or anywhere on that spectrum myself, but I'd like to learn more about it to understand a friend. How often do gender fluid people change their gender? Also, how do they define gender? Like, for me, it's 90% physical aspect, 10% social aspects (e.g. clothes, how people interact with you and address you, etc). And lastly, how do you know how to address them (as a guy, girl, etc.)? Hope none of the questions were too weird, thanks :)

ClaudeTheDetective / Sep 21 2021 21.12

Hi I'm Gendefluid as well. I think gender changing varies from person to person. Mine tends to change roughly daily bt sometimes I have the same gender for shorter or longer. I would say gender is 90% social and 10% physical for me. You can work out a code with that person like a certain bracelet or pin represents their gender but again depends on the person and how closetes they are.

5. Loser
    DaniTheGirl-DannyTheBoy / Sep 21 2021 23.11

hi i identify as genderqueer but im currently questioning my gender. im jot sure if im genderfluid. i kind of feel all genders at the same time, but its not like "today i feel more male/female" its just feeling constantly changing? that didnt make a whole lot of sense but im just unsure. ngl i think genderfluidity is really cool and id be glad that when i do figure out my gender if i was genderfluid. but idk.

-Emily (they/them)

6. Coolcat
    ShinyTextingCat3530 / Sep 23 2021 0.49

Hi I'm also genderfluid and it's cool to know I'm not the only one out there :D I think it's hard for people (especially cis people) to understand that gender is completely made up. I like to say public toilet companies did it to sell more toilets lol

7. Childline Avatar

PowerfulWorkingSwan7753 / Sep 24 2021 21.56

Hi! So with the question about how often our gender changes, it's really different for everyone! I myself change quite frequently, but other people I know aren't as often. Gender identity is different for everyone so how you see gender is personal to you, I suppose. To adress people, I guess just call some a person, or use more neutral terms (guys, pals, y'all). Hope this helps!

8. Childline Avatar
    hi-i-guess / Sep 21 2021 19.45

hii

my name’s raena, and i use all he/they/she pronouns. im still questioning my gender, but i think im alexihemiboyfluidflux

(alexigender is when you can’t pinpoint the exact gender you’re feeling, but you can tell whether its masculine, feminine or androgynous. hemiboy is similar to demiboy - hemiboy is when you feel partially male and partially something(s) else. you probably know what gendefluid is, but i use it in my gender to represent the part of my gender that is not male. finally, genderflux is when the intensity of your gender fluctuates, not the actual gender.)

i know its more genderflux, than genderfluid but uhhh yeah. id love to talk about genderfluidity!

(have you read magnus chase? it has a genderfluid character in it and lgbt representation)

PowerfulWorkingSwan7753 / Sep 24 2021 21.56

Oh my goodness, Magnus Chase is my favourite book series! It's how I fogyred out my identity actually!

9. Childline Avatar
    DaniTheGirl-DannyTheBoy / Sep 21 2021 23.11

hi i identify as genderqueer but im currently questioning my gender. im jot sure if im genderfluid. i kind of feel all genders at the same time, but its not like "today i feel more male/female" its just feeling constantly changing? that didnt make a whole lot of sense but im just unsure. ngl i think genderfluidity is really cool and id be glad that when i do figure out my gender if i was genderfluid. but idk.

-Emily (they/them)

PowerfulWorkingSwan7753 / Sep 24 2021 21.58

Hiiii Emily! You might want to search up different types of genderfluidity. There are different areas on the spectrum and everyone experiences it differently. Maybe you are one of them?

10. Childline Avatar
    ShinyTextingCat3530 / Sep 23 2021 0.49

Hi I'm also genderfluid and it's cool to know I'm not the only one out there :D I think it's hard for people (especially cis people) to understand that gender is completely made up. I like to say public toilet companies did it to sell more toilets lol

PowerfulWorkingSwan7753 / Sep 24 2021 21.58

I definitely agree lol

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything