Show
  1. Butterfly
    dogsandcatsarecute123456 / Sep 16 2021 23.10

hey my names katie,

i have recently found out i have a eating disorder (BED). I’m really scared im thirteen and i have put on 2 stone in the last year and i feel so down about myself. is there any advice at all anyone could give me thank you

2. Loser
    DaniTheGirl-DannyTheBoy / Sep 17 2021 13.18

hey, i have BED too (though i havent been properly diagnosed) im wondering have you told anyone you trust? like someone in your family, a friend maybe? and have you been to the doctor? i'd love to help you since we're in the same boat.

-Emily :)

3. Butterfly
    DaniTheGirl-DannyTheBoy / Sep 17 2021 13.18

hey, i have BED too (though i havent been properly diagnosed) im wondering have you told anyone you trust? like someone in your family, a friend maybe? and have you been to the doctor? i'd love to help you since we're in the same boat.

-Emily :)

dogsandcatsarecute123456 / Sep 17 2021 17.44

I have told a close friend but other then that not really. I’m scared to tell my parents. but she was really supportive and kind. thank you.

-katie:)

4. Loser
    DaniTheGirl-DannyTheBoy / Sep 18 2021 18.45

its good your friend's supportive, sometimes its really good to vent to someone (it doesnt have to be her necessarily, it could be someone else or someone from childline or even me if you want :) i know sometimes it feels like you're being a burden to people, i get that too dw, but the best thing they can do is listen. as an example, i told my friend about how i tried to make myself throw up once (shes the only person ive told) and she was really kind, listened to me, and supported me (shes the therapist friend of my group so was really understanding) but yeah i also know people with eating problems (not actual disorders but some of my friends struggle to eat) so i kind of have a view as a victim and an outsider at the same time? and it hurts me so much when i see them struggle. so trust me, since this friend is close to you, you totally arent a burden to them. about your parents, it is really scary to tell them, apart from my friends the only person who knows is my mum and it was really difficult to tell her. it feels like they wont understand, think youre faking it or just being dramatic, but theyre your parents. they dont want to see you hurt, and its clear this is bothering you. if youre worried about how to tell them, this is how i told my mum: i didnt want to tell her in person, out loud, so i wrote it down (it sounds a bit dumb but i hated saying it out loud so it really helped) and gave it to her when she dropped me off at school. that way i didnt have to see her reaction, and she'd have 5 hours to think about it before she saw me. i dont have the greatest advice on recovery, since i...havent. but ill always be here for you to vent and tell me how things are and hey, maybe we can recover together? :)

hope it goes well with your parents!!!

-Emily <3

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything