My friends dropped me over trousers

Show
  1. Explosion
    Teapotandtea / Sep 10 2021 17.30

My friends of 2 years recently dropped me, stopped inviting me to meet ups and stopped talking to me. why? Because last April one of my friends (who i will call) angela (not her real name)asked if she could have some of my old school trowsers as i no longer need them scince i only wore skirts at the time, of course i said "sure" and then we had some back and forth over if she really wanted them because she didnt know how her parents would take it but her dicison being yes she wanted them. so I bought them the next day to give to her.

Then she stopped talking to me all of a sudden and i didnt really knotice as we'd only ever really been aquantances but then the rest of my friends stopped talking too. Apparently i overstepped a boundry by asking if she was queer/trans gender and i belive her parents asked the same and werent happy with the answer. she has asked me to avoid her but that means staying away from the whole group, who also dont like me because of this and scince i broke up with my girlfriend as we never had a realationship in the first place.

I can make friends easily so i can and have found more but I miss them and dont know what i can do and still retain an amicaible front any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Lils

2. Top dog

My friends of 2 years recently dropped me, stopped inviting me to meet ups and stopped talking to me. why? Because last April one of my friends (who i will call) angela (not her real name)asked if she could have some of my old school trowsers as i no longer need them scince i only wore skirts at the time, of course i said "sure" and then we had some back and forth over if she really wanted them because she didnt know how her parents would take it but her dicison being yes she wanted them. so I bought them the next day to give to her.

Then she stopped talking to me all of a sudden and i didnt really knotice as we'd only ever really been aquantances but then the rest of my friends stopped talking too. Apparently i overstepped a boundry by asking if she was queer/trans gender and i belive her parents asked the same and werent happy with the answer. she has asked me to avoid her but that means staying away from the whole group, who also dont like me because of this and scince i broke up with my girlfriend as we never had a realationship in the first place.

I can make friends easily so i can and have found more but I miss them and dont know what i can do and still retain an amicaible front any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Lils

Superdupersloth3963 / Sep 16 2021 1.32

hey maybe explain that you didn't mean to offend and that you were just curious and just apologise for over stepping if they felt rhat way, hopefully i helped. xx

3. Childline Avatar
    Justine4 / Sep 16 2021 20.55

Hi Lils,

I hope you are OK?

It definitely isn't the nicest feeling having your friends stop talking to you just because of a misunderstanding. I remember in my first year of high school, there had been rumours going around about me "being a lesbian." I wasn't, but a friend sang the song "I will always love you" to me in French class. And a few days later, my best friend decided to fall out with me. I made new friends after this incident but I often wished things could have been different and that the lesbian rumour didn't happen.

If they were your friends, they should let you give your side of the story or if possible, speak to some of them on their own- if you want to get an honest opinion (be prepared as they may not accept what they want to hear.) Alternatively, speak to someone you trust to get the support you need.

I hope this helps you :)

4. Newbie

Thanks, Lils

Reading-Sheep / Oct 05 2021 15.29

You can ask yourself these questions if you want support. :

You can call Childline over the phone on 0800 1111 or get support from Childline by your Childline Locker.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything