I only ever feel confident when drinking or doing drugs but now ive done something i regret

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Alcohol, Smoking and Drugs

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    ShinyWalkingBadger9384 / Sep 08 2021 14.14

i'm shy, and while i dont do it daily I dont think i have any self control when i do. For example ive been in hospital twice, once for accidental overdose and another for severe alcohol poisoning, I also do more kissing and sexual things that i end up regretting for days later.

Now a few days ago i took mdma with some mates, did a bunch of things i cringe at but can live with but then going home i missed my bus my phone died so my friend got me a taxi n when i got home it was about 1am i didnt have my key and noone was in, so i walked like a 5 mins to my sisters who wasnt in either.

At the end of the street there was a drug dealer my age who had already tried talking to me so i went back and asked to use his phone n he let me but then after the call ended he put his arm round me and started calling me beautiful and being dead nice n starting leading me down a street aking if i was on molly.

Idk why i didnt walk away but when we got to this ginnel it was dark except under a lamppost and he kissed me and then things esculated a bit (not sex but yk) n i think he might have videoed some of it on his phone?

I cant even remember his name now and i can only remember it in bits but ive never done anything like this before and whilst ive seen him around my estate before ive never actually spoke to him n i know that he hangs around with people who went to the same high school as me and like im really stressed bc i know he knows my name, has my number and knows i live around here

As much as i hate myself for this i don want to give up doing this stuff because i cant go back to being too shy to even speak to people but i can never tone it down.

Also i know i cant say i was 'taken advantage' of bc i put myself in that position and went along with it but i feel dirty & disgusting

2. Newbie
    ShinyWalkingBadger9384 / Sep 08 2021 14.14

i'm shy, and while i dont do it daily I dont think i have any self control when i do. For example ive been in hospital twice, once for accidental overdose and another for severe alcohol poisoning, I also do more kissing and sexual things that i end up regretting for days later.

Now a few days ago i took mdma with some mates, did a bunch of things i cringe at but can live with but then going home i missed my bus my phone died so my friend got me a taxi n when i got home it was about 1am i didnt have my key and noone was in, so i walked like a 5 mins to my sisters who wasnt in either.

At the end of the street there was a drug dealer my age who had already tried talking to me so i went back and asked to use his phone n he let me but then after the call ended he put his arm round me and started calling me beautiful and being dead nice n starting leading me down a street aking if i was on molly.

Idk why i didnt walk away but when we got to this ginnel it was dark except under a lamppost and he kissed me and then things esculated a bit (not sex but yk) n i think he might have videoed some of it on his phone?

I cant even remember his name now and i can only remember it in bits but ive never done anything like this before and whilst ive seen him around my estate before ive never actually spoke to him n i know that he hangs around with people who went to the same high school as me and like im really stressed bc i know he knows my name, has my number and knows i live around here

As much as i hate myself for this i don want to give up doing this stuff because i cant go back to being too shy to even speak to people but i can never tone it down.

Also i know i cant say i was 'taken advantage' of bc i put myself in that position and went along with it but i feel dirty & disgusting

Reading-Sheep / Oct 05 2021 15.33

I would encourage you to talk with one of the ChildLine counsellors who will be able to provide you a safe space to talk more about this. The counsellors will believe you too. You can talk to a ChildLine counsellor by calling 0800 1111, logging on for a 1-2-1 chat or by sending an email.

Get help here :

https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/

Hope this helps!

-Buggo!

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything