Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    MagicalReadingLlama7328 / Aug 29 2021 21.24

Hello! I hope you are doing well! Im a bit worried at the moment as this year I am starting GCSE Science, but I don't really know what to expect, does anyone have any tips for starting any GCSE courses/revision techniques, and whether I need to do any preparation beforehand?

Any advice would be appreciated!

2. Childline Avatar
    MagicalReadingLlama7328 / Aug 29 2021 21.24

Hello! I hope you are doing well! Im a bit worried at the moment as this year I am starting GCSE Science, but I don't really know what to expect, does anyone have any tips for starting any GCSE courses/revision techniques, and whether I need to do any preparation beforehand?

Any advice would be appreciated!

RocketLeaves / Aug 30 2021 23.52

Hi,

As someone whos just finished this whole GCSE process,i hope i can provide some help for you

Depending on your school,the sciences may be split into chemistry biology and physics, which all comes with about 8 subsections of content each and even though this may sound overwhelming,its a gradual learning process so it will go to long term memory and the content is typically compressed into revision guides and other stuff so you can get a refresher.

Theres probably going to be more practical components and learn alot of equations off by heart,but they do have abriviations to memorise them

Other than that the only advice i can offer you is make revison materials as you go,it saves time on having to memorise conent right near the end of your GCSEs.And utilise any revision resources available to you,flashcards and revision guides especially.

GCSEs can be quite intimidating but just know everyone in your class is in the same boat and teachers are always there to help,so going to them for advice is always a good idea.

I hope this helped in any way.

3. Childline Avatar
    MagicalReadingLlama7328 / Aug 31 2021 20.23

Thank you so much! Yes this has really helped, I also hope your GCSEs went well!

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything