Racism

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    AlertTextingAlpaca7702 / Aug 22 2021 0.21

so im scottish and come from a scottish background .i was adipted when i was 2 but the thing is i have a caramel skin colour and idk why but thw thing is i get called all sort of names and it makes me feel so insecure and i wish i had a lighter skin colour

2. Childline Avatar
    SplendidSingingHare3471 / Aug 22 2021 18.39

i'm indian and people have made comments about my background before and ive also wished that i wasn't indian so i wouldn't have to deal with it but what helped me get over that was learning about my country, it's culture, it's festivals etc so that i could make myself understand that there was nothing to be embarrassed about in fact i should be proud of where im from

i hope this helps you too

3. Newbie
    AlertTextingAlpaca7702 / Aug 22 2021 0.21

so im scottish and come from a scottish background .i was adipted when i was 2 but the thing is i have a caramel skin colour and idk why but thw thing is i get called all sort of names and it makes me feel so insecure and i wish i had a lighter skin colour

Reading-Sheep / Aug 23 2021 10.31

I would encourage you to talk with one of the ChildLine counsellors who will be able to provide you a safe space to talk more about this. The counsellors will believe you too. You can talk to a ChildLine counsellor by calling 0800 1111, logging on for a 1-2-1 chat or by sending an email by going here

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/

4. Childline Avatar
    SplendidSingingHare3471 / Aug 22 2021 18.39

i'm indian and people have made comments about my background before and ive also wished that i wasn't indian so i wouldn't have to deal with it but what helped me get over that was learning about my country, it's culture, it's festivals etc so that i could make myself understand that there was nothing to be embarrassed about in fact i should be proud of where im from

i hope this helps you too

Flamingolover19 / Aug 28 2021 22.26

I’m Indian too I have been bullied all my life but we need to remember to love ourselves and tell somebody you trust x

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything