Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    BrightTurningLion3403 / Aug 18 2021 23.45

I am 5’4 and 15 which is very short for my age, my friends always make fun of me because of my height, new people I feel always judge me because of my height and nobody will ever take me seriously when im talking to them and I just feel so isloated becuase of my height affecting me so much. Anybody at school who knows of me only sees me as just that small kid. My dad is 5‘11 and my mum is 5’3 but they always tell me I just need to wait because my dad, cousin and uncle all on my dads side all tell me that they were very small around my age and are all close to six foot now but I recently turned 15 and im getting worried that I wont grow at all. I have showed many signs of puberty and am starting to develow armpit hair which ive read is a sign that puberty is stopping soon? Which really worries me because I have not grown much during puberty yet. I just wish someone could please reassure me because I really do despise being judged and labelled for being short. Please share some advice. Thanks.

2. Sweets
    BrightTurningLion3403 / Aug 18 2021 23.45

I am 5’4 and 15 which is very short for my age, my friends always make fun of me because of my height, new people I feel always judge me because of my height and nobody will ever take me seriously when im talking to them and I just feel so isloated becuase of my height affecting me so much. Anybody at school who knows of me only sees me as just that small kid. My dad is 5‘11 and my mum is 5’3 but they always tell me I just need to wait because my dad, cousin and uncle all on my dads side all tell me that they were very small around my age and are all close to six foot now but I recently turned 15 and im getting worried that I wont grow at all. I have showed many signs of puberty and am starting to develow armpit hair which ive read is a sign that puberty is stopping soon? Which really worries me because I have not grown much during puberty yet. I just wish someone could please reassure me because I really do despise being judged and labelled for being short. Please share some advice. Thanks.

IAskQs / Aug 19 2021 11.36

Hello!

You are not short for your age. I am 16, and 5ft 8in, only 4 inches taller than you. I personally dont mind being shorter, just think of all the benefits! You can fit through doorways without ducking, you dont have to crane your neck down when speaking to someone and many more! In regards to your puberty finishing, puberty lasts for different lengths of time, for different people, and it can continue until you are 18, sometimes for even longer! You get different changing happening to you at different times, and it is a different order for everyone. I got my armpit hair reasonably early on, after the penis and scrotal growth and pubic hair, so not that near the end of puberty! If you look up about tanner stages you will see armpit hair isnt that close to the end of the stages, taking place in about 3-4. But as i said, it is different for everyone. If you want, there is this resource called the tanner stage calculator for boys, which will give you a rough estimate as to what stage you are in. That may help you feel a little more confindent as to not being at the end of puberty. If you have anymore questions, dont hesitate to ask!

I hope this helps,

IAskQs

3. Childline Avatar
    IAskQs / Aug 19 2021 11.36

Hello!

You are not short for your age. I am 16, and 5ft 8in, only 4 inches taller than you. I personally dont mind being shorter, just think of all the benefits! You can fit through doorways without ducking, you dont have to crane your neck down when speaking to someone and many more! In regards to your puberty finishing, puberty lasts for different lengths of time, for different people, and it can continue until you are 18, sometimes for even longer! You get different changing happening to you at different times, and it is a different order for everyone. I got my armpit hair reasonably early on, after the penis and scrotal growth and pubic hair, so not that near the end of puberty! If you look up about tanner stages you will see armpit hair isnt that close to the end of the stages, taking place in about 3-4. But as i said, it is different for everyone. If you want, there is this resource called the tanner stage calculator for boys, which will give you a rough estimate as to what stage you are in. That may help you feel a little more confindent as to not being at the end of puberty. If you have anymore questions, dont hesitate to ask!

I hope this helps,

IAskQs

BrightTurningLion3403 / Aug 21 2021 23.18

Thanks for your reply, I took the test that you reccomended and it said that I was in stage 3.5 I think, which is halfway through the ”Growing stage,”of puberty. Do you know how long this stage is and if I will grow much more? Also if I can still have my growth spurt after this stage? I have grown about 1 inch this year so far which isnt really what I hoped for as to say im in the middle of when im supposed to have a growth spurt which does confuse me but I also talked to my cousin who is now 6’2 and he said that he was short and had his growth spurt at 16-17. Is this possible? I dont know to brlieve him because I dont want to give myself false hope again and get upset if I do not grow much more when im older, even if it makes me feel a lot better now and leading up to then. Is there anyway I can help my growth spurt come properly and would going to a doctor help just to check if there is any problems that might prevent my growth. Thank you so much for replying I wasnt too sure that anyone would reply because I saw that there are many posts and was worried mine would get lost in all of them.

Thank you.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything