1-2-1 chat notes

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    BouncyDrawingTurtle4258 / Aug 15 2021 10.57

Hi!

So I'm relatively new to childline, and have had a couple of 1-2-1 chats. I was wondering whether you needed to say your real name for your counsellors to be able to access your notes, or if childline keeps it under your username. If anyone knows anything about that, then that would be great!

Thanks! :)

2. Bursting
    Chalote1234 / Aug 17 2021 23.30

its. is up to you you dont need to say yours real name you can say yours nikname or any you perfer you dont have to useds yours real name try not worried im here if you need to talk :)

im here

3. Bursting
    Blackcurranticecream / Aug 20 2021 5.19

Hi Yes you do need to provide your name and email to access your notes.

4. Childline Avatar
    BouncyDrawingTurtle4258 / Aug 22 2021 16.28

Thanks! Good to know!

5. Flower
    GrowingPositiveThoughts / Sep 16 2021 22.00

My understanding was you just have to use the same name consistently but if you wanted to use aname different to what you have already told them, I'm sure they could change the notes if you emailed.

6. Reaching out
    Childline-Host / Sep 29 2021 10.02

Hello

So when you talk to one of our lovely counsellors, they may ask your name, and it really is your choice if you give a name or not. You can use your real name, or just a name you like, whatever feels comfortable for you.

They like to call you by your preferred name as it can be more friendly but at the same time, you never have to give any information about yourself you don't want to. That includes your name, age, your feelings or anything else the counsellor asks! It's always ok to reply you would rather not answer that question, they will understand and respect that.

One of the answers you have had here mentions having to give your name and email address, this would only be if you wanted to access the information we have about you. This is never something you have to tell the counsellors if you don't want to, and they will never send an email to your personal email account, they will only ever talk to you through your account or answer your phone calls when you call us on 0800 1111.

Take care

Mel-Host

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything