Maverick’s Tavern RP

Show
  1. Loser
    QueerQueen / Aug 10 2021 17.05

Hi! This is a fantasy rp, the main setting being the small town of Bellwaye in the north of England, and specifically, as the name states, Maverick’s Tavern, currently owned and run by Mason Maverick.

The tavern is a sort of hub where the array of townsfolk join together. Bellwaye is what would be referred to as a ’spell’ town, a spell comprised solely of non-humans. there are also ’no-spell’ towns comprised of humans, and ‘half-spell’ towns where both live mixed together, usually the humans are unaware of this though.

all fantasy creatures, or ‘unhumans’ are welcome in Bellwaye.

I will introduce my character in the next post.

2. Loser
    QueerQueen / Aug 10 2021 18.47

Name: Saiorse (sur-sha) Maverick

Origin: Half English, half Scottish (hense the scottish name)

Sexuality: Lesbian

Unhuman species: Elven spellcaster

Family: Mason Maverick (father,spellcaster), Aileana Maverick (late mother, elven), Douglas Maverick-Winter (older brother, elven spellcaster)

Appearance: pale skin, long-ish warm toned dark brown hair tied in a low, messy ponytail, yellow-gold eyes, 5’8, pointed ears and small fangs (not vampire) inherited from mother.

Usual clothing: long dark purple tunic with hood (not like a hoodie hood, one of those wide fantasy-esque hoods) with brown plaited leather belt loose around waist, black three-quater length bandage leggings, brown leather boots. rune bracelets stacked up arm.

Info: Her father is the owner of Mavericks Tavern, her mother passed away when she was 8, leaving her father to look after her and her 12 year old brother. she has aspergers(like most of my characters). she is very social and charasmatic, having grown up in the single buisiest building in Bellwaye, and also has a quick wit and sense of sarcasm, as she has of course had to deal with a fair amount of less-than-polite patrons. she can often be too sarcastic, making her seem rude and aloof. she also has some issues with self esteem, having been insulted by many of the afformentioned patrons.

alright so a little info about the unhuman world in this rp. the age to buy/drink alcahol is 16, as unhumans are less severely effected by it. the age to get married is 18 (saiorse‘s brother Douglas married his partner Orion at that age as they had been together since they were 13 and didn’t want to wait) and life expectancies are significantly longer in most unhumans, it varies, but the average is about 150-200, some are immortal

3. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Aug 10 2021 23.13

This sounds fun! I hope my character is okay! If you want me to chnage anything, please let me know. -Conner

Name: Daniel (Danny) Walker

Origin: Northern Ireland

Sexuality: Gay

Unhuman species: Vampire. Basically, vampires age incredibly slowly, as long as they have a small amount of blood about once a day. One mouse would be enough. If they don’t do this, they get weak very quickly. Vampires don’t often drink human blood, however some still do. Also, a human can only be turned into a vampire on a blood moon.

Family: Aiden Walker (Father), Catrina Walker (Mother), Cynthia Walker (sister), Niamh (Neev) Walker (Cousin) ((All vampires))

Appearnace: Really pale, scruffy black hair, red eyes, 6’0, fangs.

Usual clothing: Black leather jacket, light grey shirt, ripped jeans, trainers.

Info: Danny was born in Ireland to the Walker family, one of the oldest vampire families. Pretty much all of them are pretty terrible people, and partake in hunting humans and stuff like that. Danny was always differnet to them though, getting out of hunts when he could. His sister was often treated much better than him because of this. However, not everyone in his family is bad. He has a cousin called Niamh, who was in a similar position to Danny. One day though, Danny was caught helping some humans escape. Danny was disowned, and ended up in England, which is where he now lives. He rarely stays in one place too long, as he doesn’t want to ever be found by his family again.

Danny is very charismatic and charming, and will flirt with people. He’s very confident and honestly he’d make a great con artist. He does have a calmer, kinder side however he doesn’t often show it as that’s the part of him that has caused him the most pain.

4. Loser
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Aug 10 2021 23.13

This sounds fun! I hope my character is okay! If you want me to chnage anything, please let me know. -Conner

Name: Daniel (Danny) Walker

Origin: Northern Ireland

Sexuality: Gay

Unhuman species: Vampire. Basically, vampires age incredibly slowly, as long as they have a small amount of blood about once a day. One mouse would be enough. If they don’t do this, they get weak very quickly. Vampires don’t often drink human blood, however some still do. Also, a human can only be turned into a vampire on a blood moon.

Family: Aiden Walker (Father), Catrina Walker (Mother), Cynthia Walker (sister), Niamh (Neev) Walker (Cousin) ((All vampires))

Appearnace: Really pale, scruffy black hair, red eyes, 6’0, fangs.

Usual clothing: Black leather jacket, light grey shirt, ripped jeans, trainers.

Info: Danny was born in Ireland to the Walker family, one of the oldest vampire families. Pretty much all of them are pretty terrible people, and partake in hunting humans and stuff like that. Danny was always differnet to them though, getting out of hunts when he could. His sister was often treated much better than him because of this. However, not everyone in his family is bad. He has a cousin called Niamh, who was in a similar position to Danny. One day though, Danny was caught helping some humans escape. Danny was disowned, and ended up in England, which is where he now lives. He rarely stays in one place too long, as he doesn’t want to ever be found by his family again.

Danny is very charismatic and charming, and will flirt with people. He’s very confident and honestly he’d make a great con artist. He does have a calmer, kinder side however he doesn’t often show it as that’s the part of him that has caused him the most pain.

QueerQueen / Aug 11 2021 7.21

ooh that sounds great! we love some classic vampire action around here

5. Loser
    QueerQueen / Aug 11 2021 9.35

okay hey conner, since no one else is on here yet i think it would be a good idea for us to sus out what kind of a dynamic our two characters will have, i always think its a good idea to have that sussed out so that we’re both on the same page and its not like- we’re going for completely different dynamics

6. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Aug 11 2021 12.20

Same lol. I realised I forgot to say vampires don’t need food to survive, and many survive off of small rodents and simikar animals.

So, I was thinking Danny has only just gotten into town, and due to the fact he was disowned he does not have a lot of monet at all so he tends to work to be allowed to stay in places, so maybe he could be working at the tavern and in return he’s allowed to stay which is how he meets Saiorse.

I feel like they’d get along, but everyone thinks they don’t because they’re constantly either making fun of each other or just being very sarcastic to each other. So, kinda a sibling relationship. Also, if there’s a rude customer the two of them would definetly team up to just annoy them.

-Conner

7. Loser
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Aug 11 2021 12.20

Same lol. I realised I forgot to say vampires don’t need food to survive, and many survive off of small rodents and simikar animals.

So, I was thinking Danny has only just gotten into town, and due to the fact he was disowned he does not have a lot of monet at all so he tends to work to be allowed to stay in places, so maybe he could be working at the tavern and in return he’s allowed to stay which is how he meets Saiorse.

I feel like they’d get along, but everyone thinks they don’t because they’re constantly either making fun of each other or just being very sarcastic to each other. So, kinda a sibling relationship. Also, if there’s a rude customer the two of them would definetly team up to just annoy them.

-Conner

QueerQueen / Aug 11 2021 13.21

that all sounds great! i think theyd have that type of bro-sis dynamics where they will just mercilessly roast eachother. but if someone ELSE says something about one of them…oh boy they’re in trouble.

basically a mix of the ‘only i can be mean to______’ and the ‘protective siblings’ dynaimics.

oh i forgot to mention this tidbit about Saiorse, her last relationship ended like two weeks before the start of the rp. her last girlfriend was emotionally abusive (guilt tripping, gaslighting, lying) and cheated on her, and danny had already been there about 2 weeks when Saiorse got dumped. you can bet a full pouch of gold coins that danny had something to say about that situation. first he comforted Saiorse like any good brother, but then he headed out the door and came back with 1. a black eye, 2. a smear of blue blood on his face (the girlfriend had mer ancestry) and 3. a box with everything Saiorse had left at her girlfriends house.

Saiorse didn’t know wether to hug him or tell him of for getting in a fight.

8. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Aug 11 2021 14.59

That’s atually very accurate to Danny’s personality lol. He’s a character from my story (I use rp’s like these to help me develop characters and stuff. It’s pretty helpful because your characters get put in situations they probably wouldn’t otherwise and it’s fun to figure out how they’d act) but anyway, his best friend in that story (who I won’t use in this) and Danny spend a lot of the time annoying each other but at the same time they fight anyone who insults the other one and I love them for it lol.

He’d be like “I’ll be back in an hour”, and then just goes and was just very willing to fight her because he has no place for any form of abusive person after his mess of a childhood.

-Conner

9. Loser
    QueerQueen / Aug 11 2021 15.12

hey, thats a really good idea, i never though of using rps as character developers.also tick, tock, tick, tock, not me waiting for more people to join cuz I’m impatient

10. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Aug 11 2021 15.28

Fair enough.

When do you want to start btw. I’m free anytime, although I am getting my GCSE results tomorrow so I don’t know how much I’m going to post then, but I’m free most of the time lol.

-Conner

11. Loser
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Aug 11 2021 15.28

Fair enough.

When do you want to start btw. I’m free anytime, although I am getting my GCSE results tomorrow so I don’t know how much I’m going to post then, but I’m free most of the time lol.

-Conner

QueerQueen / Aug 11 2021 16.19

im cool with starting anytime to be honest. i thought we might need more than two people but since our characters live together and have a lot of overlapped story we can just start with us and other characters can join as more people do. im not really expecting more than like- 3 at the most more people to join, these things dont usually have a lot of participants

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything