How can I grow my faith in the Gospels, our Lord Jesus Christ?

Show
  1. Newbie
    Reading-Sheep / Aug 01 2021 21.24

I think that many christians had at least one time in their life where they asked themselves in their head these questions : “How can I trust the Bible? Is Jesus real?“ and other questions like that.

Well… we can all grow our faith in the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ by re-reading or reading the Bible.

We can take it step by step. Here are 3 YouTube channels that helped me a lot in growing my faith in the Gospels and in Jesus.

BibleProject - it explains the Bible in a clear, concise way and introduces us to Jesus. It also explains spiritual beings in the Bible like angels.

Cross Examined - This YouTube channel has a lot of videos that personally helped me believe in the Bible and trust it. They answer and receive questions.

Lion of Judah - They create videos on Judgement Day and their videos show me a powerful message behind them as I grow spiritually with God.

I do hope these YouTube channels also help you grow your faith in Jesus! I do hope that more people all around the world hear the good news about our Lord Jesus Christ and they can be given a chance to believe the good news or to reject the good news in which we must have faith in order to accept it.

I trust that there is nothing separating us from the love of our God, for He sent His One and Only Son to die for our sins.

Hear the good news and repent!

2. Newbie

I think that many christians had at least one time in their life where they asked themselves in their head these questions : “How can I trust the Bible? Is Jesus real?“ and other questions like that.

Well… we can all grow our faith in the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ by re-reading or reading the Bible.

We can take it step by step. Here are 3 YouTube channels that helped me a lot in growing my faith in the Gospels and in Jesus.

BibleProject - it explains the Bible in a clear, concise way and introduces us to Jesus. It also explains spiritual beings in the Bible like angels.

Cross Examined - This YouTube channel has a lot of videos that personally helped me believe in the Bible and trust it. They answer and receive questions.

Lion of Judah - They create videos on Judgement Day and their videos show me a powerful message behind them as I grow spiritually with God.

I do hope these YouTube channels also help you grow your faith in Jesus! I do hope that more people all around the world hear the good news about our Lord Jesus Christ and they can be given a chance to believe the good news or to reject the good news in which we must have faith in order to accept it.

I trust that there is nothing separating us from the love of our God, for He sent His One and Only Son to die for our sins.

Reading-Sheep / Aug 04 2021 14.11

O People of the Scripture, you are [standing] on nothing until you uphold [the law of] the Torah, the Gospel, and what has been revealed to you from your Lord. - Surat Al-Mā'idah (The Table Spread) - 5:68 - The Noble Qur’an

The word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in justice. None can alter His words, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing - Surat Al-'An`ām (The Cattle) - 6:115 - The Noble Qur’an

I tell you the truth, no-one can alter or change the word of God for He is the Lord of the Earth and everything in it. He is the First and the Last. He is the Beginning and the End. I tell you the truth, time, space and matter had a beginning. We believe that God is the cause of time, space and matter. For the book of John (in the Bible New Testament) states : “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

The Word of God is Jesus, He was with God before the creation of man and the Earth. Man was created in God’s image, in God’s likeness we were created.

In John 8:12 it says : “ When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

The first words God spoke of in Genesis was : “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. ...”

Jesus said : “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star” (In Revelation 22:16)

The Torah has predictions about the coming Messiah. We , as christians , believe that Jesus is this Messiah.

3. Newbie

Reading-Sheep / Aug 04 2021 14.59

If the gospels were reliable in AD 600, they are certainly trustworthy today because our extant manuscripts predate the Quran by centuries. But perhaps even more important than is that the Quran states that no one can change the word of Allah.

If the gospels are the word of God and no one can change the word of God, then the gospels must also be perfectly preserved by God. Otherwise, the Quran is wrong.

4. Newbie
    Reading-Sheep / Aug 04 2021 16.27

The Qur’an was revealed by Angel Gabriel. If you read the book of Luke in the Bible (New Testament), you will find out that Angel Gabriel is also the angel who told Mary that Jesus is the Son of the Most High God and that his kingdom will never end. The Torah, the Bible and the Qur’an have a strong connection to each other but they are different.

Jesus has a divine nature and a human nature. Jesus’s kingdom is God’s kingdom. Jesus is the Word of God revealed to the people of Jerusalem and they did not know that He was the Son of God. God has different ways to reveal the truth to us. God works in mysterious ways.

Why was the Qur’an revealed then? Let me tell you something. God works in mysterious ways. He is beyond our understanding. He is all-knowing, all - powerful , all-loving. The Qur’an is indeed a book full of wisdom , full of teachings and it can help people understand God. I am not saying that Islam is wrong. I am saying that I am seeing the Qur’an from a different angle/perspective. The Torah talks about the Messiah and God. The Qur’an talks about the Oneness of God

Jews , Christians and Muslims all believe that God is one, however we all see that differently. The book of Daniel (The Old Testament/the Torah) in the Bible talks about the Messiah stating : In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed. Jesus calls Himself the “Son of Man”

5. Newbie
    Reading-Sheep / Aug 05 2021 16.33

Jesus said in the New Testament of the NIV Bible : “If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive. But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them. At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘Look, there he is!’ do not believe it. For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.

“But in those days, following that distress,

“ ‘the sun will be darkened,

and the moon will not give its light;

the stars will fall from the sky,

and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’

“At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.“

When Jesus said : “I have told you everything ahead of time”. It is a warning for us to pay close attention to what Jesus is saying here for it concerns the future plan of God. There are Jewish rabbis (teachers) that are claiming that they are meeting with the true messiah face to face. Btw Jews rejected Jesus as their messiah but we believe that Jesus is our Messiah. I do hope that more people do not follow false messiahs and false prophets because they come in sheep’s clothing but they are dangerous wolves. Jesus is our shepherd. We are his sheep. The dangerous wolves will attack the flock and lead many sheeps astray. There are some sheeps that follow different shepherds but we follow Jesus.

6. Newbie
    Reading-Sheep / Aug 05 2021 16.59

“Then the man of lawlessness will be revealed, but the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of his mouth and destroy him by the splendor of his coming.” (in the book of 2 Thessalonians) In the Bible - New Testament

If someone has had a spirtual vision telling them that Judgement Day has already happened do not believe them for the Bible says :

“Don’t believe them, even if they claim to have had a spiritual vision, a revelation, or a letter supposedly from us. Don’t be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed—the one who brings destruction. He will exalt himself and defy everything that people call god and every object of worship. He will even sit in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God.” (in the book of 2 Thessalonians)

If someone dreams that an angel told them to go in a religion that is not Christianity this is what the Bible says :

”And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.” - 2 Corinthians 11:14

”It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their actions”

- 2 Cointhians 11:15

“For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ.” - in the book of 2 Corinthians 11:13

There are false christians as well as true christians. The false christians exchange the truth for a lie. They twist the words of the Bible to make people believe in not the truth but their own deceit. If a false prophet turns out to be a christian, the false prophet is not a true christian.

Satan was once an angel, who wanted to be God, and God banished him away from the kingdom of heaven. We believe that angels have free will like us and they can choose to disobey

7. Newbie
    Reading-Sheep / Aug 05 2021 19.50

When the Quran was written/revealed in the 600s AD , we have full Bibles 300 years prior to that so the Bible is not corrupted.

8. Newbie
    Reading-Sheep / Aug 05 2021 20.01

Abraham, Melchizedek, and Jesus

Abraham encounters a mysterious figure named Melchizedek. therefore who precisely is that this mysterious Melchizedek? As Abraham is returning victorious from a risky battle, he passes by the town of Salem, and also the king comes bent meet him. we have a tendency to’re told that this king is additionally a priest who serves an equivalent God as Abraham. we have a tendency to aren’t told why he worships Abraham’s God. He isn’t even associate Israelite! we have a tendency to aren’t told his family lineage. We aren’t told substantiallyin the leastconcerning this mysterious priest-king. once we’re 1st introduced to the present character within the book of Genesis, we’re solely given a brief story. though Melchizedek may be a subject of abundant speculation, this enigmatic historical figure and his royal communityfunction a model for Good Shepherd (Jesus Christ)

Who Is Melchizedek in the Bible?

He rules Salem (literally, in Hebrew, Shalem), which later in the Hebrew Bible is identified as Jerusalem (see Psalm 76:1-2

Melchizedek is that theinitialspecific royal priest within the book of Genesis. Adam and Eve’s roles as royal clergymen are implied, however Melchizedek is clearly referred to as a royal priest. And surprisingly, we have a tendency to’re not told that he’s from the road of Seth, Noah, or Shem. What we do apprehend is that Melchizedek is a Canaanite who somehow is aware of Yahweh. As a “priest of God Most High”

He is understood to be a genuine priest of the God of Israel, but before Israel ever existed and before Yahweh was known by that name

Jesus is our High Royal Priest.

9. Newbie
    Reading-Sheep / Aug 05 2021 20.58

The Attributes of God

Exodus 34:6-7 is the first description of God’s attributes found in the Bible and it is one of the most referenced passage in the Bible. The attributes of God are : compassion, grace, patience, loyal love, and faithfulness.

Our God is full of compassion, grace , patience , loyal love and faithfulness. Our God has showed His love for us by having His one and only Son die for our sins. Prophets like Isaiah talked about the coming of the Messiah. The book of Psalms also shows us about the coming of the Messiah.

It is hard for us to reach God. In Christianity, doing good deeds and following rules is not enough to go to Heaven which is why God make it easier by His Son dying for our sins and making atonement for it. We are not perfect. We make mistakes. We do bad things sometimes. God understands this problem for sin prevents/stops us from having a perfect or even good relationship with God. The kingdom of God is not for sinners which is why Jesus Christ died for our sins cleaning us from the impurity of sin. For Jesus came to lead the sinners into repentance by a new life with Him. The Pharisees in the New Testament questioned his followers. They asked Jesus‘s followers why does your teacher (Jesus) eat with sinners. Jesus answered : ”It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners”

’I desire mercy, not sacrifice’ I think that God is showing us mercy by making His Son die for our sins on the cross so that we can have a relationship with God that He had originally intended to have with us (Read Genesis) but we ruined it by sinning against God. Eve, in the book of Genesis, ate from the tree that God warned her not to eat fro

10. Newbie
    Reading-Sheep / Aug 13 2021 18.40

I think that what makes Christianity different from other religions like Judaism or Islam is that you cannot do anything to reach God and that you trust that God has given us His One Son to save us from our sins. God gives us mercy.

In Christianity God goes to us rather than us going to God. In Christianity we cannot reach God with human effort (for example doing good things like giving money away to charity) but God knowing this sent His One Son to atone for our past sins.

Our God is holy. Heaven is Gods kingdom, His eternal dwelling place. Anything that is sinful or full of sin cannot go into a place of holiness. Holiness is pure. We need something to clean us from impurity.

11. Newbie
    Reading-Sheep / Aug 15 2021 9.14

The Table (Al-Ma'ida) 5:49 (Quran) :

"And in their footsteps (of Moses and the Jews) We sent Jesus the son of Mary, attesting to (the truth of) the Torah which was between his hands; and We gave him the Gospel - therein is guidance and light and attesting to (the truth of) the Torah which was between his hands: a guidance and an admonition to the righteous."

The New Testament speaks about the righteous people will live by faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. Some people do not believe that the Gospel the Quran is talking about is the New Testament but the thing is

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything