Acne/feeling insecure

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Temporary20337835 / Jul 28 2021 16.24

Hi so idk if anyone is ever going to read this but I need to get some things off my chest.

Im currently struggling wuth acne and I have been insecure about my skin for a long time but recently my self esteem and confidence has just been awful. Ive stopped wearing makeup over the summer because Im using this cream from the doctors but it makes my skin sensitive and makeup just feels gross to wear right now.

I feel like I just dont want to go out and see anyone because Im so self conscious and think people are staring at me. I cant even make eye contact with my own family. I have a weekend job and this weekend will be the first one that I dont have to wear a mask and Im absolutely terrified because that was like my security blanket. I just feel so gross and unattractive atm and dont really know what to do. Anyone else feel the same?

2. Childline Avatar
    CautiousWalkingPuffin7353 / Aug 30 2021 21.00

your not alone with this, im tyrning 16 soon and ive never had perfect skin but it wrnt really bad during year ten, i took some mediacgion and used adapalnae and it cleared so much, to the oijt that i jusy ahd scaring to get rid of and i have been so much more cinfident, however over the kast few days my skin has started vreaking out horrendously in tons of areas and i dont understan what is happening. rationally, im probably coming on my oeriodbor its just a tenporary breakout but im so paranoid about it becoming worse again because of ho severley it effects my mental health, im not sure what to do

3. Childline Avatar
    Temporary20337835 / Jul 28 2021 16.24

Hi so idk if anyone is ever going to read this but I need to get some things off my chest.

Im currently struggling wuth acne and I have been insecure about my skin for a long time but recently my self esteem and confidence has just been awful. Ive stopped wearing makeup over the summer because Im using this cream from the doctors but it makes my skin sensitive and makeup just feels gross to wear right now.

I feel like I just dont want to go out and see anyone because Im so self conscious and think people are staring at me. I cant even make eye contact with my own family. I have a weekend job and this weekend will be the first one that I dont have to wear a mask and Im absolutely terrified because that was like my security blanket. I just feel so gross and unattractive atm and dont really know what to do. Anyone else feel the same?

AmazingTextingDuck1480 / Sep 05 2021 2.24

hey, im the same

it almost clouds up my thoughts and is all i think about :( im known as quite an outgoing “confident“ person but i hide behind masks and positioning my hair and hands on certain parts of my face and cant hold eyecontact or face people. stops me from enjoying being around people.

being referred to a derm so hopefully ill get help

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything