Sexual Harassment?

Show
  1. Bookworm
    Pineapple2019 / Jul 06 2021 23.17

Hi, this is probably time-wasting as I'm might be overreacting... at school there is a person who has a crush on me. They are non-binary and gay, and I am a straight girl. Recently they have been asking me to see them after school, including going on a pride picnic, a pride march, watching the sunset, etc. I have realised they are hinting that they want to go on a date with me, and they have been pressuring me. I have not said yes to them. They have also touched my back numerous times and lent their head on my shoulder, and they sometimes get close to my chest which makes me uncomfortable. The other day we had an assembly on Sexual Assault/Harassment, and they showed a definition which says that unwanted pressure for dates & touching is considered this. I have also chatted to my Nan who says it's "borderline sexual harassment". They have not touched me sexually but they have pressured me to go on dates with them and they get physically very close to me. I googled this and the EEOC has these things on its list of what's considered sexual harassment (although obviously it's American). I am confused as to if I have been sexually harassed or not, I always thought it would be obvious if it happened and would never happen to me but now I'm not so sure? It has stopped now as my friends and I were honest with them and (although there was a bit of drama at school!) things have cleared up now: it happened for about a month. I couldn't help wondering if it was something more serious though. Any thoughts?

2. Childline Avatar
    BouncyPosingFrog3054 / Jul 07 2021 16.28

Hiya, just want to firstly say you are very strong talking about this! Wish i could give some proper advice but that is a form of sexual harassment, they are pressuring you to do something you don't want to do along with the fact they are getting physically close to you without any form of consent.

3. Bookworm
    BouncyPosingFrog3054 / Jul 07 2021 16.28

Hiya, just want to firstly say you are very strong talking about this! Wish i could give some proper advice but that is a form of sexual harassment, they are pressuring you to do something you don't want to do along with the fact they are getting physically close to you without any form of consent.

Pineapple2019 / Sep 20 2021 21.29

Although it's a few months later I wanted to say thank you for the reply! I didn't even realise I hadn't responded to you and you probably won't see this now, but thank you. Your advice has really helped me to understand a bit more. Hope everything's going well for you love Pineapple xxxx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything