Ballet

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Mental health

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    DazzlingGivingAlpaca9161 / Jul 04 2021 19.08

Hi,

So i have a summer school soon and I'm stressed out. I have a lot of trauma from being grmed and immensely buied to the point where I got aslted s3ally and physically and no one did anything. I suffer from disassociation and basically there is just a long list. In year 10 I was at a really good ballet school but as it was only a decade old it couldn't really handle the lockdowns cause of finance issues etc. and so my ballet training ended. I have been really struggling for motivation and even though I know everything will be okay, I'm just scared cause I know wont be as good as I can be in the summer school. As well as this, I'm going to a prestigious ballet school in September and I'm scared they will kick me out cause I'm not as good as I know I can be. I really struggle with motivation to do things because of my anxiety and life can be so exhausting, especially with all my trauma and mental health issues. I just want someone to hear me and maybe offer any tips?

Thank you sm,

Tisha

2. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Jul 04 2021 23.27

Hi. I’m so sorry that you went through all that.

I have also been through trauma (sorry, but I don’t really want to go into details) and have a lot of issues with dissociation and other stuff, as well as anxiety.

Congratulations for getting in! They’ll understand and don’t worry about it. They won’t kick you out, especially since your school closed. It would be super unfair for that to happen!

I get the issues with motivation. I’m getting assessed for autism and ADHD, so let’s just say I’m no stranger to lacking motivation. Is it lacking motivation in everything, or is it something specific like school work or hobbies? I can only really give advice for the hobbies one, as let’s just leave it at since lockdown, I haven’t gotten on well with school lol.

So, I’m not nessacarily the best person for advice, but I’m more than happy to be here for you if you need to talk. I know firsthand how just venting can help, so feel free to do so, and I’ll give you any advice I can.

Best wishes,

-Conner

3. Childline Avatar
    DazzlingGivingAlpaca9161 / Aug 18 2021 21.35

Hey,

Sorry it took me so long to reply, i forgot my login details ahahha. Thank you so much for your support x

It's mostly lacking motivation in everything sadly. I have my prom coming up and the thought of seeing those people gave me stress and anxiety i hadn't felt in so long. I'm glad i can finally talk to someone who kinda gets it, so thank you xx I am so stressed about school and honestly sometimes i don't know if i can go on, but then i think of the possibilities life can give and even if anything goes dark maybe there will be one thing which can light up my world ahha.

Thank you Conner you really helped,

if you need to vent you can just reply to this if you want.

Tisha

4. Outcast
    DazzlingGivingAlpaca9161 / Jul 04 2021 19.08

Hi,

So i have a summer school soon and I'm stressed out. I have a lot of trauma from being grmed and immensely buied to the point where I got aslted s3ally and physically and no one did anything. I suffer from disassociation and basically there is just a long list. In year 10 I was at a really good ballet school but as it was only a decade old it couldn't really handle the lockdowns cause of finance issues etc. and so my ballet training ended. I have been really struggling for motivation and even though I know everything will be okay, I'm just scared cause I know wont be as good as I can be in the summer school. As well as this, I'm going to a prestigious ballet school in September and I'm scared they will kick me out cause I'm not as good as I know I can be. I really struggle with motivation to do things because of my anxiety and life can be so exhausting, especially with all my trauma and mental health issues. I just want someone to hear me and maybe offer any tips?

Thank you sm,

Tisha

floweryfrog2 / Aug 31 2021 13.40

Salutations Tisha. My apologies if I seem more formal than other replies.

Congratulations on getting into the ballet school, and I wish you the best. I also dance, and so I’m aware of the pressure - you must be, in all sincerity, wonderful at dance to receive a place. /g

I cannot lie, it will be hard, but that is okay. It’s alright to struggle, especially with trauma. I know how that feels, you are not alone.

A lot of the summer schools (who also offer full time training) that my siblings have been to have people dedicated to helping students - be it with mental health, physical conditions or otherwise. Research and see if you can perhaps email in? It may help relieve some anxiety.

You can use the summer school to refresh your body and relearn what may have been slightly lost. It is normal to lose the peak of your ability after not dancing for a while. You can and will gain it back. In terms of things to aid you in getting your strength back, perhaps look up a conditioning class or some exercises that are quite low effort and do it for 30 minutes a day? Even little things will help.

I wish you all the best and if you need to talk, I am here.

- Bee

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything