My Body Image Tips (from personal experience)

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Self Esteem

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    violethyacinthh / Jul 02 2021 23.37

Hello, everyone!

I am recovering from anorexia and body dysmorphic disorder and I wanted to share some body image tips with everyone. These may or may not work for you - I am writing from personal experience.

1. Comparison is your enemy. It would be physically impossible for you to have the exact same body as someone else, and people come in all shapes and sizes. Avoid comparing yourself to others at all costs.

2. You are powerful. Story: I do not naturally have a thigh gap. I was ashamed of my legs for years. I'd wear baggy jeans and hoodies to hide them. But then, I saw a post on instagram featuring a girl whose thighs didn't fit into a pair of jeans, and the caption said, 'My thighs are just too powerful for these jeans.' and ever since I read that, my attitude towards my legs changed. I have legs that allow me to walk, swim, and enjoy life. I love them.

3. Surround yourself with positive people. Don't hang out with people that comment on your weight and body. Follow people that make you feel good about yourself on social media. Unfollow anyone who doesn't.

4. Listen to good music. Often. And dance to it too. Dancing made me feel cool (though I'm a total nerd but - hey - nerds can be cool too). I felt proud to be in my body and happy to be able to move it in a way that felt good. Especially to good music.

Anyways, I hope these are at least slightly useful.

2. Childline Avatar
    PoliteWalkingAlpaca7983 / Aug 18 2021 23.40

im thinking i have bbd too what are some symptoms and how do you treat it

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything