I’m not ”that girl”

Show
  1. Fixer
    Slothdoingyoga / Jun 27 2021 20.35

hello,

I dont really know how to explain this but from social media and tv and school and seeing other girls on the streets from a young age ive built up this idea of being. ”that girl” who wears makeup and has a handbag and long hair and wears trendy clothes and short skirts and has a boyfriend etc. etc. And I always figured when I came to be a teenager I’d develop into her, but now im a teenager and I dont do any of those things, I cant stand wearing makeup and I dont have a boyfriend or trendy clothes or whatever and I feel so awkward and out of place next to other teenage girls because of this, I dont really know what to do

Thanks for reading

-A

2. Heart
    ApplePlum / Jul 09 2021 18.37

hi,

I feel the same and I know exactly what "that girl" is. I tried wearing some of the same trendy clothes but it didn't look good because it was cheap and overall didn't suit me. I got over it though by thinking how the majority of girls my age probably feel the same way. I'm 14 by the way and I don't wear makeup (it is soo hard and boring to take off and I feel more comfortable without any). Sometimes when I'm in public I notice other girls with cute miniskirts and perfect hair and makeup and I just think " What am I wearing! I look so awkward!"

I would say just wear whatever makes you feel happy and comfortable ( I know that's what everyone says). If none of your clothes make you feel this way then maybe you should try and figure out your style and (if you can) buy some clothes that do. They don't have to be trendy or expensive just so long you like them.

-ApplePlum

xxx

P.S. This is kind of unrelated but this conversation is really reminding me of Olivia Rodrigo's song Jealousy, jealousy. If you listen to the lyrics you'll see she's also kind of talking about "that girl".

3. Childline Avatar
    Slothdoingyoga / Jun 27 2021 20.35

hello,

I dont really know how to explain this but from social media and tv and school and seeing other girls on the streets from a young age ive built up this idea of being. ”that girl” who wears makeup and has a handbag and long hair and wears trendy clothes and short skirts and has a boyfriend etc. etc. And I always figured when I came to be a teenager I’d develop into her, but now im a teenager and I dont do any of those things, I cant stand wearing makeup and I dont have a boyfriend or trendy clothes or whatever and I feel so awkward and out of place next to other teenage girls because of this, I dont really know what to do

Thanks for reading

-A

CloudyVibingAlpaca4338 / Jul 13 2021 17.47

TBH all the girls on the street wearing that are nothing out of the norm, they're like the people on instagram who to be frank I can't tell the difference between - I have no problems with anyone who uses instagram I just believe the modern ideals of beauty on instagram are carbon copies of each other's looks. I'd encourage to develop your own style.

My best advice for you is "Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

4. Fixer
    ApplePlum / Jul 09 2021 18.37

hi,

I feel the same and I know exactly what "that girl" is. I tried wearing some of the same trendy clothes but it didn't look good because it was cheap and overall didn't suit me. I got over it though by thinking how the majority of girls my age probably feel the same way. I'm 14 by the way and I don't wear makeup (it is soo hard and boring to take off and I feel more comfortable without any). Sometimes when I'm in public I notice other girls with cute miniskirts and perfect hair and makeup and I just think " What am I wearing! I look so awkward!"

I would say just wear whatever makes you feel happy and comfortable ( I know that's what everyone says). If none of your clothes make you feel this way then maybe you should try and figure out your style and (if you can) buy some clothes that do. They don't have to be trendy or expensive just so long you like them.

-ApplePlum

xxx

P.S. This is kind of unrelated but this conversation is really reminding me of Olivia Rodrigo's song Jealousy, jealousy. If you listen to the lyrics you'll see she's also kind of talking about "that girl".

Slothdoingyoga / Jul 15 2021 12.09

Thankyou so much thats such lovely and helpful advice :)

and p.s thankyou lol ill listen to it

5. Fixer
    CloudyVibingAlpaca4338 / Jul 13 2021 17.47

TBH all the girls on the street wearing that are nothing out of the norm, they're like the people on instagram who to be frank I can't tell the difference between - I have no problems with anyone who uses instagram I just believe the modern ideals of beauty on instagram are carbon copies of each other's looks. I'd encourage to develop your own style.

My best advice for you is "Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Slothdoingyoga / Jul 15 2021 12.10

Yes thats so true thankyou great advice :)

6. Childline Avatar
    BugsBunny2718 / Aug 05 2021 12.42

Hi A,

I’ll tell you something.

1- you don’t need a boyfriend and if you don’t have one, you haven’t found the right one

2- long hair is so damn annoying, I speak from experience, I need to cut mine

3- in my opinion at least, most trendy clothes right now, at least where I live, look terrible. Wear what the hell you want

4- short skirts are a hit or Miss for people, I like them and wear them, but some don’t like them, and prefer to wear other things that they like more

5- I wear a bit of makeup (eye stuff) and it isn’t great (I don’t know why I wear it) it gets in your way and stuff, you don’t need it

Overall, with the awkwardness, what I do, is plaster a smile on my face and walk like I own the place, this helps me get out of the place faster too.

Have a nice day and hope this helps

7. Fixer
    BugsBunny2718 / Aug 05 2021 12.42

Hi A,

I’ll tell you something.

1- you don’t need a boyfriend and if you don’t have one, you haven’t found the right one

2- long hair is so damn annoying, I speak from experience, I need to cut mine

3- in my opinion at least, most trendy clothes right now, at least where I live, look terrible. Wear what the hell you want

4- short skirts are a hit or Miss for people, I like them and wear them, but some don’t like them, and prefer to wear other things that they like more

5- I wear a bit of makeup (eye stuff) and it isn’t great (I don’t know why I wear it) it gets in your way and stuff, you don’t need it

Overall, with the awkwardness, what I do, is plaster a smile on my face and walk like I own the place, this helps me get out of the place faster too.

Have a nice day and hope this helps

Slothdoingyoga / Aug 07 2021 17.07

thankyou so much xx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything