Is this racism?

Show
  1. Athlete
    Probably-Playing-Sport / Jun 22 2021 17.07

hi,

im in a very caucasian (i am also too by the way) and I feel like a couple of the comments could be borderlining on offensive but im not really sure what to do.

so I was sitting at lunch and my friend said “OMG liturally all aisians are soo pretty. theres not a ugly one out of all of them“. and stuff like “i was totally born in the wrong country i should 100% be asian. i love all of them”. she said other stuff but im struglling to remember it 100% correctly.

anyway from what you did hear i was wondering if i should should confront her about it? any adive would help ;)

2. Top dog

hi,

im in a very caucasian (i am also too by the way) and I feel like a couple of the comments could be borderlining on offensive but im not really sure what to do.

so I was sitting at lunch and my friend said “OMG liturally all aisians are soo pretty. theres not a ugly one out of all of them“. and stuff like “i was totally born in the wrong country i should 100% be asian. i love all of them”. she said other stuff but im struglling to remember it 100% correctly.

anyway from what you did hear i was wondering if i should should confront her about it? any adive would help ;)

Acceptothers / Jul 14 2021 20.40

Hi there!

I'd take these more as a compliment than a racial abuse kinda thing, although it is singling out one race, even though it's compliments. If it bugs you and don't like, maybe just tell them gently and not like "HEY STOP THIS. I WILL TELL THE TEACHER". If it doesn't, then you can leave it but if it ever gets too much, tell them <3

A

3. Childline Avatar

hi,

gonnoreah / Sep 02 2021 3.51

as an asian, I take this as asian fishing and I don’t find it offensive but I would prefer if they didn’t act this way as they clearly do not realise the privileges of being white which is very annoying considering what I have to go through on a daily basis

4. Newbie

hi,

Reading-Sheep / Sep 22 2021 15.18

I would encourage you to talk with one of the ChildLine counsellors who will be able to provide you a safe space to talk more about this. The counsellors will believe you too. You can talk to a ChildLine counsellor by calling 0800 1111, logging on for a 1-2-1 chat or by sending an email.

Get help here :

https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/

Hope this helps!

-Buggo!

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything