Parents

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    TiredDancingDeer4607 / May 17 2021 22.33

ok i didnt rlly know what to write this on but yh, im not sure if its me being horrible to my parents or other way round but they are always constantly shouting at me especially my dad, like for example i was scrolling through some advice on here and my dad walked in for the first time today i said hi then told him to go away, he was like β€œare you on websites u shouldnt be on” and stuff like that i was like no and didnt want to tell him, but he kept having a go at me and then went away and talked to my mum, now my mum keeps banging on the wal every 30 seconds telling me to brush my teeth screaming at me when i said i would when i finished my β€œhomework” I know this probably isbt neglect but i just wanted to say that and see if anyoen has advice or something (im 13 btw):)πŸ’•

2. Top dog
    TiredDancingDeer4607 / May 17 2021 22.33

ok i didnt rlly know what to write this on but yh, im not sure if its me being horrible to my parents or other way round but they are always constantly shouting at me especially my dad, like for example i was scrolling through some advice on here and my dad walked in for the first time today i said hi then told him to go away, he was like β€œare you on websites u shouldnt be on” and stuff like that i was like no and didnt want to tell him, but he kept having a go at me and then went away and talked to my mum, now my mum keeps banging on the wal every 30 seconds telling me to brush my teeth screaming at me when i said i would when i finished my β€œhomework” I know this probably isbt neglect but i just wanted to say that and see if anyoen has advice or something (im 13 btw):)πŸ’•

BusyFlyingDuck1262 / May 18 2021 15.51

This could techniqually be borderlining on one of the three types of emotional abuse, verbal abuse. Or it could even be emotional neglect.

This is when they are yelling at you, swearing or making you feel unworthy.

Then again saying that, they could just be extremely short tempered and bad at parenting, so they think that yelling at you is the best way to get you to do what they want.

What you could do.

Speak up

-No child should ever have to put up with being emotionally hurt by someone they should be able to trust and feel safe with. If you feel like this is what is happening then I suggest you speak to a trusted adult. This could be a form teacher/head of year/school councellor/childlines 1-2-1/or even a family member.

If you think that it isn’t some sort of abuse, and that they are just strict parents, then maybe see what you can do to make it less severe. This could be as simple as staying calm and not yelling, if you normally tend to yell or argue back.

Hope this helps in some sort lf way. Stay safe and I hope everything works out! <3

3. Childline Avatar
    ActiveRunningDuck6015 / Aug 03 2021 1.48

Ik its suppaaa temtping but try not to say anything considered as rude to your parents just be as polite and as nice as u can.try to tell a friend that will understand u and that will take some off your shoulders. keep a diary of evrything thats happened (maybe show people if needs be) and maybe just try and drown them out with music (headphones). wish u the best in the future πŸ‘πŸ˜€πŸ€žπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ€žπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ˜€πŸ˜€

4. Childline Avatar
    absneedshelplol / Aug 29 2021 12.42

well my mum is extremely toxic it hurts lol. everyday there is another problem. her favourite child is my little brother and i personally love peace and quiet ( who doesn't ) but my little brother is the exact opposite. he will do anything and everything to get me into trouble like one minute we are besties the next he hates me and is the victim. so when this happens of course i'm not going to stay happy i'm going to be somewhat annoyed. but i cant be anything other than happy in this house because "i put a roof over your head and you are not the only important person in this house there are other people with emotions too". it is the most tiring and mentally draining thing ever. that is why i've started reading articles about toxic parents and how to safely and smartly deal with them. i have said a lot of bad things to my mother, which are mostly true but i am no better than her if i do so. i told her that she raised my little brother wrong and that she is a terrible mother to me. she can be racist at times and when my little brother see's that he copies. she can also be very sexist at times and guess what, my little brother picks up on that too. she has a lot of views on the world which makes no sense to have as a black woman but she does. and most of that come from being a christian. anyways i'm waffling atp, but hopefully someone can understand. as there is absolutely no body i can talk to. this morning i took the advice of the articles/videos and apologised, well i tried to anyways. she just kept on gaslighting me and my problems and shutting me out and down and up and sideways lol. i was being respectful and holding my tongue which i dont normally do. she told me to leave when i started getting into my problems with what she says about me. so i went to my room.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything