Back to school after lockdown No. 2

Show
  1. Spiralling
    Bubble-gum12 / Apr 19 2021 1.49

i dont know about everyone else but my lockdown hasnt been the best seeing as i now have anxiety, suspected depression, and suspected agoraphobia but having to go back to school has just made my week so much worse

i already hated school to begin with and i cant talk to my friends about it because they'll think i dont want to be around them..

and when i try to talk to my mum and gran about it they think im either lazy or blame it on the lockdown when really im just extremely scared... my anxiety hits worse when im alone and most of the thoughts i get are about school...

recently me and a friend had an arguement over genders because he said that theres only two genders and everything else is a sexual disorder and me identifying as she/they was hurt by his words and im not trying to say that he hasnt got a right to an opinion cause thats not it at all

im trying to say that what he said was harmful. so i spoke up about what he done wrong and now im scared because the last time i spoke my opinion on controversial topics like this i got bullied and insulted just for standing up for my friend..

i honestly dont know what to do since i basically have no one to talk to besides my online friends but i dont want to bother them with my issues when what they have going on is probably much worse..

and since that friend has that kind of opinion on other genders im scared on what he'll say about homosexuality since im pansexual and panromantic.

i was honestly happier with online school despite still having to get up early..

im not bothered on if i get any useful answers here i just kind of needed to rant a bit and see if i could find people like me.

2. Childline Avatar
    Temporary61865672 / Apr 20 2021 18.15

Hey, I feel like I'm in a similar situation to you. Lockdown made school so much harder for me, I was already struggling. Now that we've gone back to school, I feel really anxious about exams. Over lockdown, I have developed OCD and suspected depression. I tried to talk to my mum about my OCD, and although she has my best interests at heart, I don't feel like she gets me. I recently moved house to a completely different area, and also moved school, so I don't feel close enough to my friends to have that sort of conversation either. My mum thinks I'm lazy by not doing much schoolwork, but I'm honestly just hating the subjects I've chosen to study. My parents have my whole life planned out for me, get A Levels, go to uni, get a degree in maths or economics and get a job, most likely as an accountant, and I've been going along with it till recently when I just feel like I don't want to do that anymore. The fear of what my future looks like was partly what drove me to this depressive state, but I don't want to burden my parents by telling them how I feel. I don't want for them to look at me as the mentally ill child, cause I really don't believe that's what I am. On top of all that, I am questioning my sexuality, but my own mum is very homophobic and I don't know what to do. I think I will just tell my mum how I'm feeling and what my future plans are. I would advise you to tell somebody trustworthy and in person exactly what you've written here and you've probably heard this quite a few times before but they may be able to help you figure out what to do next. Idk if this really helps, but I think the main reason I replied was to let you know that you're not alone, I and many others are in a similar situation with mental health issues, LGBTQ+ issues and saying how we feel.

3. Childline Avatar
    bringmetheserotonin / Apr 30 2021 21.49

Hi,

I've had anxiety for approximately half my life (Im nearly 16 for reference) but can relate to some of what you've wrote as my anxiety has got worse since December. I got lucky as I didn't have to tell my mother because someone else did it for me but it was really awkward and we've never spoken about that moment even though I think I've developed ptsd from it which would explain the change in my anxiety. I also had a depressive episode that lasted from early January to early March and only really ended because I went back to school.

I would suggest finding someone to talk to about this stuff that you don't live with as it would likely be unsafe, I would suggest a teacher at school as they will be able to refer you for counselling. You could also book your own gp appointment for it and your parents likely wouldn't know about it unless you told them.

Hope I've helped

Jayden

4. Spiralling
    Temporary61865672 / Apr 20 2021 18.15

Hey, I feel like I'm in a similar situation to you. Lockdown made school so much harder for me, I was already struggling. Now that we've gone back to school, I feel really anxious about exams. Over lockdown, I have developed OCD and suspected depression. I tried to talk to my mum about my OCD, and although she has my best interests at heart, I don't feel like she gets me. I recently moved house to a completely different area, and also moved school, so I don't feel close enough to my friends to have that sort of conversation either. My mum thinks I'm lazy by not doing much schoolwork, but I'm honestly just hating the subjects I've chosen to study. My parents have my whole life planned out for me, get A Levels, go to uni, get a degree in maths or economics and get a job, most likely as an accountant, and I've been going along with it till recently when I just feel like I don't want to do that anymore. The fear of what my future looks like was partly what drove me to this depressive state, but I don't want to burden my parents by telling them how I feel. I don't want for them to look at me as the mentally ill child, cause I really don't believe that's what I am. On top of all that, I am questioning my sexuality, but my own mum is very homophobic and I don't know what to do. I think I will just tell my mum how I'm feeling and what my future plans are. I would advise you to tell somebody trustworthy and in person exactly what you've written here and you've probably heard this quite a few times before but they may be able to help you figure out what to do next. Idk if this really helps, but I think the main reason I replied was to let you know that you're not alone, I and many others are in a similar situation with mental health issues, LGBTQ+ issues and saying how we feel.

Bubble-gum12 / May 09 2021 22.55

sorry im a few days late, but thank you it makes me feel a lot better now i know that theres others out there in the same situation :)

5. Spiralling
    bringmetheserotonin / Apr 30 2021 21.49

Hi,

I've had anxiety for approximately half my life (Im nearly 16 for reference) but can relate to some of what you've wrote as my anxiety has got worse since December. I got lucky as I didn't have to tell my mother because someone else did it for me but it was really awkward and we've never spoken about that moment even though I think I've developed ptsd from it which would explain the change in my anxiety. I also had a depressive episode that lasted from early January to early March and only really ended because I went back to school.

I would suggest finding someone to talk to about this stuff that you don't live with as it would likely be unsafe, I would suggest a teacher at school as they will be able to refer you for counselling. You could also book your own gp appointment for it and your parents likely wouldn't know about it unless you told them.

Hope I've helped

Jayden

Bubble-gum12 / May 09 2021 22.58

i know it would be better if i told a teacher or something but im absolutely terrified and i hate talking out loud, i mean i nearly had an anxiety attack a few days ago because of a school presentation me and a friend had to present in front of the class standing up.. and the worst thing is that my English teacher is assessing us on our presentation skills rather then the writing which is what we had been learning all about..

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything