Incorrect quotes with my characters, because everyone needs a laugh these days.

Show
  1. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Apr 13 2021 0.15

Hello and greetings fellow humans. So, I’m in a bad place right now, and because I haven’t been writing about my characters as much as I want to, I’ve decided to just show y’all the chaotic mess my story is.

Some of these will also be me showing how dumb all of my characters are using my own lines, but most of these are going to be incorrect quotes.

I hope this brings a smile to somebodies face.

-Conner

Charlie (To Kira): Why are you awake? It‘s 3am.

Kira: I drank 6 cups of coffee.

Evie: WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

Kira: Today was done with me, but I was not done with today.

Benjy: So how did you know Oscar was the one?

Bella: He looked at me the same way every woman wants to be looked at...

Benjy: Aww.

Bella: With fear in his eyes.

Ophelia: Aww.

Zack: Managed to offend a big time villain because he has no impulse control

Finn: ...

Finn: WHY WON’T YOU JUST THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK?

Zack: I like to be just as suprised as everyone else as to what comes out of my mouth.

Gray: Yeah I was embarrasing when I was 15, who wasn’t. I was also embarrasing at 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, last week, yesterday. Today. Right now.

Quinn (from the next room over): And don’t forget tomorrow!

Cole (probably to Zack): People are always telling introverts to be more talkative and leave their comfort zones, yet noone tells extroverts to shut up and make it more comfortable.

Jay: How do you normally get out of these messes?

Nora: I don’t, I just make a bigger one that cancels out the first one.

Charlie (on Ria’s spaceship for the first time in a while): Oh you’re redecorated. I don’t like it.

Dylan (from the engine room): Oh yeah you never do!

Queue two very excited humans and a very confused alien who has never seen Doctor Who

2. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Apr 13 2021 15.57

I don’t whether to be concerned that these could genuinly happen in my story and it would make sense. Anyway, enjoy some more chaos.

This one is about 6 months after Danny has met Jay.

Jay: (Talking about different supernatural stuff he’s seen)

Danny: What’s my favourite colour?

Jay: What?

Danny: You know you never ask me about anything else, you know like sport or music or who the hottest Bond babe was you know like normal conversation. Just saying it would be nice to switch it up once in a while.

Jay: Well. What’s your favourite colour?

Danny: You don’t mean that.

Jay: No I really want to know.

Danny: ...

Danny: Red.

Kira: Oh I survived. I love it when I do that.

3. Spiralling
    Its-Inez / Apr 13 2021 17.25

First of all, thanks for posting these! If my mouth hadn't just been filled with metal and rubber this morning and it didn't physically hurt to do so, I would definitely be smiling/ laughing rn, so these really cheered me up.

Secondly, HOW DO YOU GIVE YOUR CHARACTERS SO MUCH PERSONALITY AND COME UP WITH SUCH GOOD/ ENTERTAINING DIALOGUE??? I'm righting a story atm, and the main character is based on me and a fictional character, and she is SO BORING and I literally can't make her interesting. Same goes for lots of the other characters (so boring).

-Inez :)

4. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Apr 13 2021 19.53

For the dialogue, none of these here were made by me. These are all quotes from different shows and stuff I’ve found and they fit so well with my characters and stories.

As for personality, that comes from these characters being developed over the past 3, nearly 4, years. The way I built their personalities was give each of them a key trait and then building off of that. For example I wanted Kira to be the leader of the Shadow Guard, so I made her confident, then I thought is the confidence real or not, why is she the way she is etc etc. Sometimes I have characters with the same starting trait (Benjy also being confient), but I make them different by the way they show their confidence, the way they act and things like that.

All of my stories have been originally based off of something I’ve loved (eg the MCU) and a lot of my characters were based on me. Kira was a self insert for ages but over time she’s become less and less like me because I’ve carried on working on her story and character. The same goes for Luna, Cole and a whole bunch of other character. Cole was originally my Arrowverse oc!

If I’m not enjoying writing a chaacter, I figure out why. If it’s because their boring I think what hobbies can they have, what’s their motivation (it has to be something more interesting than they’re a good person). It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with Luna, but then I thought what if she’s actually very ambitious and feels a need to prove herself as that’s what’s expected of her. That’s much more intestersting than her original version, which was she was a girl who was thrown into an adventure and there was litterally no reason for her following the plot.

I hope this was helpful!

-Conner

5. Spiralling
    Its-Inez / Apr 13 2021 20.56

Thank you!! This was so helpful! It sounds like you've put a lot of time and effort into your characters. How often do you tend to write?? I'm trying to write every day, but it's really not working for me, mainly because I suck at staying committed to things (yay) and because I'm doing too many things at once (fun (not)), but yeah. Any advice about literally anything (writing, sleep, life in general, writing again) is more than welcome. Thanks again for posting these and helping with the characters. And for putting up with my sh!tty posts in RPs.

-Inez :)

6. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Apr 13 2021 23.14

I write when I have the time and want to. I learnt a while ago that there’s no point in forcing yourself to write. That‘s how you make yourself hate writing. I haven’t been writing with these characters a lot recently because I needed to take a break. I have been writing though as I’m writing a sequel to my favourite show. I have way too much time on my hands lol.

When it comes to staying commited, I get your struggle. The way I’ve stayed focussed on this story for so long is:

1) My story is in several parts, taking place over a long time frame with a lot of different characters. Essentially whatever I feel like writing, I have a part of my story for.

2) I let myself take a break from this story. If I want to try out another story, I’ll get that out of my system before coming back to this.

I struggled for a long time to settle on a story. This story I have now is a combination of 5 different stories I had when I was 11/ 12. It started out with Kira’s lriginal story, which I then put in the same universe as the BSIA and then I put Luna into that universe and eventually Ria’s story and the Reborn were added. This story was kind of produced as a coping mechanism for a lot of stuff that happened to me, so there are reasons behind a lot of the chaarcters and story arcs (I will not be going into that mess though). I’ve actually found that having some sort of emtional connection to the story is actually helpful. It doens’t have to be tragic like mine, it can simply be wanting to raise awareness for your sexualiy or something as simple as that. Write the story you want to be written.

Your posts are actually really good! Yours are well written!

-Conner

7. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Apr 14 2021 0.09

Here comes a very out of context spoiler which only technically makes full sense to me but it’s too perfect to not use lol.

Zack: When did you have time to steal this?

Wren: There’s always time to steal.

And here’s an original bit of dialogue from me that I’m proud of creating (and probably shouldn’t be)

Charlie: And you are homo...

Evie: Sapiens!

Kira: Sexual!

Harley: Cidal!

And let’s go back to just normal chaos

Bella: I hate you with every inch of my body!

Villain I can’t name for spoiler reasons: That’s not a lot of inches.

Annie: What time do you go to sleep?

Cole: Whenever I collapse is up to God.

Hazel (Watching Titanic): Aww. They’re so cute.

Hazel: Oh no...

Hazel: SOBEK!

Sobek: In my defence I barely had my powers at that point-

Hazel: THEY WERE IN LOVE!

Sobek (in tears): DON’T BLAME ME I’M A GOD OF A RIVER OKAY?

Gray’s Dad: So what are you interests Kira?

Quinn: Your son in my room

Gray: (chokes)

Gray’s Dad:

Quinn: Oh! No! I meant to say the son and the moon! I’m into astrology!

Andy: Remember kids! Be yourself, stay healthy, commit arson, steal from the government and eat the ri-

Finn (who forgot he has to keep an eye on Andy as well as Zack and gets there in time to cut him off): Okay! That’s enough!

8. Spiralling
    Its-Inez / Apr 14 2021 8.54

Thanks! I really like your posts - they're entertaining and not too hard to read.

How long have you been writing for?

-Inez

9. Nose dive
    TurtlesAreInterestingNgl / Apr 14 2021 11.46

Considering it’s hard to make me laugh. I gotta say these are funny- The humour is great. I’m writing a story on Wattpad and It’s turning out boring so I might try your way of looking at different films/books and see what kind of quotes they have and try to fit it into mine. These made my day by the way :D

-R

10. Wallflower
    Its-Inez / Apr 14 2021 8.54

Thanks! I really like your posts - they're entertaining and not too hard to read.

How long have you been writing for?

-Inez

AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Apr 14 2021 14.47

I've been making stories for basically as long as I can remember, but I started writing properly when I was 11, so about 4 or 5 years.

Also, thank you.

-Conner

11. Wallflower
    TurtlesAreInterestingNgl / Apr 14 2021 11.46

Considering it’s hard to make me laugh. I gotta say these are funny- The humour is great. I’m writing a story on Wattpad and It’s turning out boring so I might try your way of looking at different films/books and see what kind of quotes they have and try to fit it into mine. These made my day by the way :D

-R

AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Apr 14 2021 14.49

Thank you! -Conner

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything