I think I have ADHD and it's really annoying

Show
  1. Top dog
    I-loves-dogs / Apr 11 2021 20.20

Hi. I think I have mild ADHD. The main symptoms that I get are being forgetful and making careless mistakes, as well as fidgeting constantly. My mum gets really annoyed at me for forgetting things all the time. she makes me feel awful that i do and shouts at me all the time. she thinks that i'm not trying and that i don't care but i really do and i'm trying my best i just can't help it. today she got mad because i put a message on a small group chat with 4 of my friends on it inviting them to come and sit in our garden and i invited 1 person who isn't on the chat. i forgot that about a week ago another person got added to the chat so it now had 5 people on it so i invited 6 people plus me. I forget other stuff all the time as well, like handing in my homework or forgetting when deadlines for things are. i don't think it would be that bad if she didn't get so mad and just tried to help. i really don't want to tell her that it think i have ADHD though because she would just say that I was making excused and not believe me.

does anyone have any advice to not forget things so much?

Quinn

2. Supported
    I-loves-dogs / Apr 11 2021 20.20

Hi. I think I have mild ADHD. The main symptoms that I get are being forgetful and making careless mistakes, as well as fidgeting constantly. My mum gets really annoyed at me for forgetting things all the time. she makes me feel awful that i do and shouts at me all the time. she thinks that i'm not trying and that i don't care but i really do and i'm trying my best i just can't help it. today she got mad because i put a message on a small group chat with 4 of my friends on it inviting them to come and sit in our garden and i invited 1 person who isn't on the chat. i forgot that about a week ago another person got added to the chat so it now had 5 people on it so i invited 6 people plus me. I forget other stuff all the time as well, like handing in my homework or forgetting when deadlines for things are. i don't think it would be that bad if she didn't get so mad and just tried to help. i really don't want to tell her that it think i have ADHD though because she would just say that I was making excused and not believe me.

does anyone have any advice to not forget things so much?

Quinn

IssyWizzy19 / Apr 24 2021 17.45

Same! I am currently trying to write an essay that should taje me half an hour but I have written half a sentence in the last 30 mins....

3. Childline Avatar
    Christina119 / Jul 13 2021 18.54

hiya,

i feel the same way, its so comforting to know im not the only one. i am really forgetful like i offered my friend a lift the other day and then when my mum came a few mins later i got in the car forgetting id offered a lift only remembering when we drove a few metres, feel emotions a lot more than others even other people’s sadness i will deeply feel and i frel really sympathetic, i really have to concentrate in conversations, i overthink a lot about what to say in a conversation and worry all the time if people actually like me. i find it really hard to concentrate on one thing especially if i know its hard or i dont want to do it. i am very sensitive to sounds like chewing or loud breathing or my dad scratching his beard even just the action or word gets me annoyed and upset. i feel my brain is wired differently, but i then question if i am just a forgetful person and am exaggerating things.

i hope you know you’re not alone in your confusion and worry. x

4. Football
    SplendidTextingJaguar3882 / Aug 15 2021 22.04

i can relate to thag alot and i am planning on getting a diagnosis aswell before school starts i find the youtube channely “ how to adhd” helps with alot of my questions

5. Football
    SplendidTextingJaguar3882 / Sep 26 2021 20.49

I find it relieving haveing these message boards because there are some peopld who understand btw what is your ages (mines 11 )

6. Top dog
    SplendidTextingJaguar3882 / Sep 26 2021 20.49

I find it relieving haveing these message boards because there are some peopld who understand btw what is your ages (mines 11 )

I-loves-dogs / Oct 05 2021 21.54

i find it really helpful too. I’m 14. i also really like how to adhd. I really want to get a diagnosis but i don’t want to tell my parents so at the moment i’m just trying to subtly hint to my form tutor at school that i have symptoms of ADHD. one thing that i’ve found really helpful recently for doing homework and classwork as i often get distracted is trying to gamify it in some way. For example taking a certain amount of time and trying to do as many questions as you can within the time, the other day my friends and i were bored during maths so we decided to do a race to see who could finish it first which kept us a lot more engaged.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything