Introducing Cubie - the Childline chatbot!

Show
  1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Apr 08 2021 17.23

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, we asked for your help to name the new Childline chatbot.

You chose Cubie and from today, we are introducing Cubie!

Cubie is the Childline chatbot who can help while you’re waiting in the 1-2-1 chat queue.  You don’t have to use Cubie but they might help while you’re waiting.  You can ask Cubie questions, type about how you’re feeling and even ask Cubie to tell you a joke!  Cubie can also help you find info and support on the website while you’re waiting and may even help you find exactly what you’re looking for without talking to a counsellor.

But you can still talk to the counsellors about anything and still have a chat whether you type to Cubie or not.

Because it’s really new and Cubie is still learning, we are still testing to improve the chatbot for you.  That means, for the first little while, Cubie won’t be available to everyone and not at all times, so don't worry if you don't see them just now.  Cubie learns from what you all type to them, so we can use that to help Cubie learn and to make them the best chatbot possible!

We’d love to hear from any of you who do meet Cubie - let us know what you think!

And we’ll keep you updated about the times Cubie will be around too.

Take care,

Jas-Host

2. Graduate
    TheCastleOfCamelot / Apr 08 2021 18.49

Jas-Hist

Yes! I’bpve got a coupke of questions

-I just went in for a 1-2-1 chat, but Cubie wasn’t there....do you kniw why this is?

- Will Cubie always speak to you, even if the wait time is green?

Thank you

3. Spiralling
    TheEntitySystem / Apr 08 2021 23.52

Wow!! This is such a good idea!!

4. Flower
    Jas-Host / Apr 08 2021 17.23

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, we asked for your help to name the new Childline chatbot.

You chose Cubie and from today, we are introducing Cubie!

Cubie is the Childline chatbot who can help while you’re waiting in the 1-2-1 chat queue.  You don’t have to use Cubie but they might help while you’re waiting.  You can ask Cubie questions, type about how you’re feeling and even ask Cubie to tell you a joke!  Cubie can also help you find info and support on the website while you’re waiting and may even help you find exactly what you’re looking for without talking to a counsellor.

But you can still talk to the counsellors about anything and still have a chat whether you type to Cubie or not.

Because it’s really new and Cubie is still learning, we are still testing to improve the chatbot for you.  That means, for the first little while, Cubie won’t be available to everyone and not at all times, so don't worry if you don't see them just now.  Cubie learns from what you all type to them, so we can use that to help Cubie learn and to make them the best chatbot possible!

We’d love to hear from any of you who do meet Cubie - let us know what you think!

And we’ll keep you updated about the times Cubie will be around too.

Take care,

Jas-Host

GrowingPositiveThoughts / Apr 10 2021 14.50

Hi, I met Cubie yesterday! The waiting time was green and I only had to wait a minute or so so didn't have chance to use Cubie much. I love the idea though. I am a bit nervous in case I say the wrong thing, I don't know what to say to a chatbot!

5. Top dog
    GoldenRetrieverPuppy / Apr 10 2021 17.00

Hello,

I'm just wondering why Cubie was available yesterday, but not today?

6. Artist
    Proud-B / Apr 12 2021 20.28

I think Cubie is only available sometimes since Cubie is still in the testing phase, yes?

7. Fixer
    CupcakesWithChoc / Apr 15 2021 20.24

cubie didn't show up for me twice , though im assuming its because they are in beta?

8. Bursting
    Blackcurranticecream / Apr 20 2021 18.33

cubie is amazing!!

9. Reaching out
    TheCastleOfCamelot / Apr 08 2021 18.49

Jas-Hist

Yes! I’bpve got a coupke of questions

-I just went in for a 1-2-1 chat, but Cubie wasn’t there....do you kniw why this is?

- Will Cubie always speak to you, even if the wait time is green?

Thank you

Jas-Host / Apr 25 2021 13.20

Hi TheCastleOfCamelot,

Cubie is still learning, so Cubie isn't around all the time - they need time to learn from what you all type to them to be able to add to what they can reply with and give the best help possible.

So, for a while, you might see Cubie at certain times but not others.

When Cubie is on, you will still see them when the wait time is green. Because it's green, the counsellor will join the chat before you've been talking to Cubie for that long but you will still be able to use them!

Hope that helps!

Take care,

Jas-Host

10. Reaching out
    TheEntitySystem / Apr 08 2021 23.52

Wow!! This is such a good idea!!

Jas-Host / Apr 25 2021 13.21

Hi I-am-aFish,

We're glad you think so! Have you met Cubie yet?

Take care,

Jas-Host

11. Reaching out
    GoldenRetrieverPuppy / Apr 10 2021 17.00

Hello,

I'm just wondering why Cubie was available yesterday, but not today?

Jas-Host / Apr 25 2021 13.23

Hi GoldenRetrieverPuppy,

Cubie still has a lot to learn, so although they are live, we are still testing Cubie at different times And Cubie needs time to learn too, so each time Cubie is on, they then use what you all type to them to help them understand more about what replies can be the most helpful.

You will see Cubie at certain times just now and not others.

How have you found Cubie?

Take care,

Jas-Host

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything