Neopronouns/Debate

Show
  1. Supporter
    Niaratheenby / Apr 08 2021 11.03

Hey! So, I've seen alot of discussion on neopronouns lately and wanted to know what your opinions on them? WARNING: This thread is not intended to offend everyone but for people to express their opinions.

For me, I mean... live your life the way you like. I would never use the wrong pronouns for you (I would feel more comfortable just saying your name), or not be your friend because you use neopronouns because hey! Your pronouns don't define you, and they aren't hurting anyone.

However, in my opinion, they are a bit extreme. I don't see why. I can't see why. I try to see why, but can't. They just seem unnecessary. I think that they/them, he/him, her/she are appropriate pronouns.

Niara (She/They)

2. Loser
    Niaratheenby / Apr 08 2021 11.03

Hey! So, I've seen alot of discussion on neopronouns lately and wanted to know what your opinions on them? WARNING: This thread is not intended to offend everyone but for people to express their opinions.

For me, I mean... live your life the way you like. I would never use the wrong pronouns for you (I would feel more comfortable just saying your name), or not be your friend because you use neopronouns because hey! Your pronouns don't define you, and they aren't hurting anyone.

However, in my opinion, they are a bit extreme. I don't see why. I can't see why. I try to see why, but can't. They just seem unnecessary. I think that they/them, he/him, her/she are appropriate pronouns.

Niara (She/They)

rik4wonder3gg / Apr 15 2021 18.56

Hey Niara,

Uh, well my opinion on neopronouns..

I mean, they are cool, ofc ill respect rhem but some of them are just a bit... yknow? I wouldnt say there are any appropriate pronouns, but people can have there own opinions and i totally respect yours!

Ash (they/them)

3. Top dog
    BisexualAndaDemigirl / Apr 17 2021 16.59

if they allow people to express their opinions better, then I'm all for it! I don't see why people should be against them

Joy (she/they)

4. Fixer
    Squid-ink / Apr 20 2021 17.06

i mean yes , it can be hard to remember them , but there are some languages where there arnt any gender neutural promouns such as french. in these countrys people dont have a simple they/them option , they have to make their own.

neopronouns can help people feel happy with their gender and they dont hurt anybody, so in what way are they bad?

5. Coolcat
    Mochii310 / Sep 23 2021 17.21

Neopronouns help people to express creativity and feel a little less default with their gender identity, Many people prefer them as they feel more comfortable or like the way they sound, so the best thing we can do is respect these pronouns. Lots of people may feel uncomfortable being called by their name as to using pronouns so I recommend staying away from that as much as possible. Just stay positive and respect them.

—Acid (Kit/nyan)

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything