Unwanted at home

Show
  1. Fixer
    TheLonelyGirlXOX / Mar 21 2021 16.48

Hey guys,

I don't think this counts as neglect but i don't feel wanted at home - because i keep getting Emotionally Abused at home all the time and blamed and shouted at for no reason. The worst thing that I've had said to me by my dad was "You are the reason I left your mum!"

- Ellie :(

2. Childline Avatar
    Katerina-- / Mar 25 2021 14.22

hi ellie,

i am so sorry that sounds awful. This may not be helpful but even if you feel like no one wants you now, you may not realise but you may be the reason someone smiled one day or someone might have had a dream about you. One day you will meet people who really appreciate and want you and make you feel like you belong becasue you do. You seem like a really nice girl and i would love yo be your friend! xxxx

3. Coolcat
    Squooshcat / Aug 23 2021 17.06

Thats not neglect but its still not acceptable people sometimes feel guilty so they blame others, when your dad says that its not your fault hes just guilty about leaving so takes it out on you. You sound really nice and I hope you can always feel free to talk to me.

4. Scientist
    littlealien / Oct 22 2021 10.43

Hey Ellie

Sorry this is happening to you. I don't have much advice but I know how you feel, my mum used to blame me for all her problems and say she wished I wasn't born and blame me for her being unemployed. I know it is really hard to hear but remember it is not true. The person is just saying it because they can't admit that they have done something wrong. It is not your fault he left your mum, you are just the child and what adults do is never the child's fault.

Hope this helps

Stay strong

Milly xxx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything