Counsellor ended chat

Show
  1. Bursting
    Blackcurranticecream / Mar 19 2021 10.29

So i was on a chat and the counsellor asked what I wanted to talk about and I said I was bored. and they ended the chat.

are they allowed to do that?

2. Spiralling
    Blackcurranticecream / Mar 19 2021 10.29

So i was on a chat and the counsellor asked what I wanted to talk about and I said I was bored. and they ended the chat.

are they allowed to do that?

CherryPopsicle24 / Mar 20 2021 12.25

I guess they are i don't really know... Did you want to speak to a counsellor because you were bored? or for something else but you were bored aswell?

3. Nose dive
    runrunrun / Mar 31 2021 17.17

this happened to me to! in the middle of an ordinary chat when I was talking about coming out. it's so annoying and I can't understand it.

4. Bursting
    Rggirl / Apr 04 2021 21.23

I think it is because there is someone in the queue to talk to a conceller and they had to go to someone easles chat or there mabey not on perpos but they pressed the end chat botton

5. Spiralling
    TheEntitySystem / Sep 15 2021 21.25

This happened to me straight after the counsellor asked my name and age

6. Contemplator
    BuddyBooToYou / Sep 19 2021 19.19

I don't know, I haven't had that happen before. I don't really use the chat though. Maybe try talking on the message boards or use some of Childline's features

7. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Sep 20 2021 14.59

Hi everyone,

We can see that this is something that is still happening for some of you. A counsellor shouldn't end a chat without letting you know that they are going to go and they should explain the reasons why a chat has to end.

It's always ok to say things like you feel bored and that shouldn't be a reason for a counsellor to stop talking to you. And it shouldn't happen after they ask you for a name to use for you and your age.

Sometimes though, things don't work as they should and tech issues can cause a chat to end really abruptly. There might not be a chance for the counsellor to let you know what has happened. But it's always ok to come back on and ask the next person you speak to. And it's definitely always ok to post on the message boards to let us know the time and date it happened around and we can pass on for you to the counselling team.

Having something end like this is not what we want for you at all and we don't want you to ever feel that it's a reason to maybe not chat to Childline. We know it can take a lot to come on and talk.

This thread can be a really good place to do that!

Take care,

Jas-Host

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything