I'm a 13-year-old girl and I think I could have ADHD. I'm NOT trying to self-diagnose, but I'd like some advice on whether it would be good to seek a professional assessment. I'm already being assessed for autism and I know that autism and ADHD often co-occur. I think I could have ADHD and it would most likely be the inattentive type, because I struggle a lot with concentration and not much with hyperactivity.
Here are some of the signs I've noticed in myself:
• I daydream a LOT and struggle to focus on one thing. For example, I can't concentrate on maths or watching TV.
• I'm easily distracted. For example, I get up and follow the dog when I'm supposed to be doing homework.
• I make a lot of silly mistakes when I'm doing maths, because I don't concentrate.
• I have an overactive imagination and have multiple fantasy worlds.
• Despite the fact that I struggle to concentrate on many things, I concentrate very well on things that I'm passionate about. For instance, I can read very quickly. I whizz through books- I once read five books in one week. I collect facts about dogs and I talk about them all the time. It annoys other people I spend so much time thinking about my interests that I forget to do other things.
• I lose things all the time. For instance, in Art, my work has to be put on a high shelf, so that I don't lose it, and then a very tall person has to fetch it down for me.
• I am often late to lessons. I have no sense of time whatsoever. I take ages to do things.
Those are just a few of my traits. I also have sensory and social problems, for example. Does anyone who has ADHD think it would be worth getting asseszed, or am I just a bit disorganised?