What Is Living In Care Like?

Show
  1. Butterfly
    Butterfly20212009 / Mar 11 2021 21.29

Seriously what is living in care like and is it normal for me too want to live away from my parents because they physically, emotionally and verbally have/are abusing/abused me? Is it normal? Can I have some raw hard fact on what it's like to live in care or away from home? Please?

2. Butterfly

Seriously what is living in care like and is it normal for me too want to live away from my parents because they physically, emotionally and verbally have/are abusing/abused me? Is it normal? Can I have some raw hard fact on what it's like to live in care or away from home? Please?

Zebramonkey12 / Apr 03 2021 17.41

I’m not sure what it’s like to live in care because I’m not in that situation but you shouldn’t ever have someone physically abuse you as you would never deserve it so I want you to know that your not alone and that you can talk to me or a counsellor( if you message a counsellor they might be able to help you more than me )

3. Butterfly
    Butterfly20212009 / Apr 12 2021 16.42

Thanks.

4. Childline Avatar

yuyuiceygurl / Apr 13 2021 14.16

i have my parents abusing me but i dont know how to tell someone i feel like i would get in more troube i dont know if i would still be able to go to my school

5. Butterfly
    yuyuiceygurl / Apr 13 2021 14.16

i have my parents abusing me but i dont know how to tell someone i feel like i would get in more troube i dont know if i would still be able to go to my school

Butterfly20212009 / Apr 20 2021 18.43

You can tell a counsellor to tell the police.

Hope it helps xx

6. Fixer
    Scaredpigeon / May 27 2021 15.23

Im currently living in care and it can be really hard amd lonely and frustrating but it is a safe space and if your being abused speak up im sure they can find you somewhere safe

7. Butterfly
    Scaredpigeon / May 27 2021 15.23

Im currently living in care and it can be really hard amd lonely and frustrating but it is a safe space and if your being abused speak up im sure they can find you somewhere safe

Butterfly20212009 / Jun 02 2021 20.23

I'm scared to speak up and who do I speak up to?

8. Childline Avatar

CuriousRestingAlpaca8013 / Jun 15 2021 19.34

well you see, i live in care and it has been interesting in a way-it works differently for everyone depending on circumstances and what foster carers you happen to drop on-but let me tell you that being in care, no matter it's ups and downs, would still be better that being abused at home because in care you may not have the same amount of freedom but you are at least guaranteed somewhere where is safe. personally my experience has not been the best over the past 5 years but like i said, its still somewhere safe. Anyway i hope things are going to get better for you and you should really tell someone if it gets really bad-you shouldnt be going through this-no one should.

stay strong xxx

9. Childline Avatar

PoliteTurningKoala2859 / Jun 21 2021 22.00

hi, i live in a children’s home and have lived in foster care. foster care wasn’t for me because they try to make you part of their family, sometimes they have kids of their own which made me feel like a bit of an outsider. i living in a children’s home much better, there is 6 of us that live there (the max it can take) and there is always 2 members of staff on shift, sometimes extra staff come in if behaviour is particularly bad. some of the care workers aren’t the best- they sometimes mess stuff up or say things that they aren’t meant to say, but they are definitely outweighed by other staff that are just lovely and that will let you have a good laugh and that you can acc speak to. in terms of the other young people: we all get on quite well, there is sometimes arguments but they never go on longer than a few hours or an evening. sometimes we make fun of each other but it’s just for banter not out of nastiness. in my experience living in a children’s home is more exciting than living in foster care and everyone messes up sometimes because we all have our own issues so it isn’t like everyone thinks you’re a freak for getting upset or kicking off x

10. Childline Avatar
    Butterfly20212009 / Jun 02 2021 20.23

I'm scared to speak up and who do I speak up to?

CuriousRestingAlpaca8013 / Jun 24 2021 17.19

i dont personally know because i didnt tell anyone-they found out by themselves and took me into care. maybe there is a way you can contact social services because that might help-i usually wouldnt reccomend school because they usually speak to parents and that would probably not work well when the parents are the problem to begin with. but my first go to would be speaking to someone from social services to see what you should do next one you have explained your situation. Hope that helped.xx

11. Childline Avatar
    Zebramonkey12 / Apr 03 2021 17.41

I’m not sure what it’s like to live in care because I’m not in that situation but you shouldn’t ever have someone physically abuse you as you would never deserve it so I want you to know that your not alone and that you can talk to me or a counsellor( if you message a counsellor they might be able to help you more than me )

CloudyGivingJaguar6548 / Jun 26 2021 9.48

Yeah but i think it would be better as my family always abuses me

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything