What is the age limit for going into care?

Show
  1. Nose dive
    KibouOfNunu / Mar 03 2021 20.09

I was wondering if someone, lets call them peson A, is aged 17-19 is living in a household where the little siblings are moved into care and the people who are the bread winners are no longer able to support the people in the house (i.e. the parents), if person A was financially and otherwise reliant on the breadwinnersm what would happen to them? would they be able to go into care?

2. Childline Avatar
    SuperStresed / Mar 16 2021 19.03

umm i know alot about care but what are bread winners?

3. Scientist
    littlealien / Oct 17 2021 19.41

Hey, sorry I know this is a late reply

I think you have to be under 16 years old to be put into care. However in this situation the person would be eligible to receive other support from the council. For example they could be classed as legally homeless in which case the council have to provide them with somewhere to stay eg homeless accommodation or supported accommodation and support from a social worker if they don't already have one. I would suggest they contact their local council and ask about housing options. Another good place to contact is the charity shelter, they have a phone number and should be able to give specific advice. I hope this helps

Ps I live in Scotland so rules might be slightly different if you live in another country.

Hope everything works out xxx

4. Bursting
    Chalote123654 / Dec 03 2021 19.12

well im in forster family they ok they got there own childern so. that is ok i. dont live with my 2 younger sisters awell but a lot going on at the monmet i started a new school in septber i. really missing my mum. i have not seen her seine the day before lockdown in 2020 so over a year i keeping to childline and on. here aswell talk chilldern they will help and liston to you try not worried i know it but. try not. to. worry it will be fine im. here if you need a talk :)

im hereĀ 

5. Headphones
    Chalote123654 / Dec 03 2021 19.12

well im in forster family they ok they got there own childern so. that is ok i. dont live with my 2 younger sisters awell but a lot going on at the monmet i started a new school in septber i. really missing my mum. i have not seen her seine the day before lockdown in 2020 so over a year i keeping to childline and on. here aswell talk chilldern they will help and liston to you try not worried i know it but. try not. to. worry it will be fine im. here if you need a talk :)

im hereĀ 

Ashleigh-xxx / Dec 26 2021 10.18

Yeah i'm in foster care too hun, sorry about your mum, i get it, i hope you are ok. I am also here for you if you ever wanna talk,

I'm Ashleigh btw so hi xxxx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything