Scared of feeling trapped at school

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    happyrabbit / Mar 03 2021 17.16

Ever since lockdown I have begun having anxiety. When we went back after the first lockdown I really struggled with my anxiety (feeling constant dread, fast heartbeat, feeling like I'm not really there). Then I started having panic attacks in class. So now I'm worried about going back to school on Monday and dealing with my symptoms in class when I can't just leave the classroom to calm down. Also having a mask on in class makes me feel anxious. Does anyone have any advice or can relate?

2. Childline Avatar
    Blue225 / Mar 04 2021 18.57

Hey, I have a tendency to feel similarly in school. When I have free periods, I frequently go outside and take off my mask to relax. In lessons, I ask to go to the toilets and have one place I go to for a few minutes to have a breather. Perhaps you would be able to talk to a member of staff about it? You could ask about having leniency to "go to the toilet" for a break or just walk around the building outside for a bit to calm down a little? Wishing you all the best for next week :)

3. Childline Avatar
    Blue225 / Mar 04 2021 18.57

Hey, I have a tendency to feel similarly in school. When I have free periods, I frequently go outside and take off my mask to relax. In lessons, I ask to go to the toilets and have one place I go to for a few minutes to have a breather. Perhaps you would be able to talk to a member of staff about it? You could ask about having leniency to "go to the toilet" for a break or just walk around the building outside for a bit to calm down a little? Wishing you all the best for next week :)

happyrabbit / Mar 23 2021 15.38

Thank you for your really kind message, school has been a lot better than expected thankfully! Thank you for the advice on finding somewhere to calm down for a minute, I have begun to do this and it has really helped!

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything