Tampons & periods Q+A

Show
  1. Lion
    14Chocolatecake / Jan 30 2021 22.26

Hey everyone,

I’m here to answer any questions based on puberty, periods, boobs, pads ect!

I use tampons too so I can help answer those types of questions too.

I know its arkward talking about it to your parents/carers but remember periods are 100% natuaral. I’m always here for you to talk to anyway though

Thanks,

Chocolatecake xx

2. Flower

Hey everyone,

I know its arkward talking about it to your parents/carers but remember periods are 100% natuaral. I’m always here for you to talk to anyway though

Thanks,

Chocolatecake xx

Temporary71330657 / Feb 03 2021 19.19

Thanks

3. Headphones
    eel-soursadgirl / Feb 03 2021 20.04

What do you do if a tampon gets stuck and the string comes off? I only use pads so I wouldn't know.

4. Loser
    Temporary41233971 / Feb 03 2021 22.38

ive had discharge for a year now (im 13!) and i have at least a little of each thing that happens during puberty? how long on average do you have almost daily discharge before you get your first period, and how long do you think it'll be before mine starts?

thank you! x

5. Comic
    moongalexystars / Feb 04 2021 10.08

hi im 10 and im very worried about my period I get a lot of cramps and stomach aches and once I got a little bit of blood on my tissue after going to the toilet what is it like being on your period? thanks .

6. Lion
    eel-soursadgirl / Feb 03 2021 20.04

What do you do if a tampon gets stuck and the string comes off? I only use pads so I wouldn't know.

14Chocolatecake / Feb 06 2021 23.25

Hi Netossa,

It’s impossible for a tampon to get lost inside you but in the unlikely event it gets stuck you are still able to pull it out it just might be quite tricky but there is advice online of how to get out a stuck tampon. However, luckily I have never got a tampon stuck. Also it is nearly impossible for the string to come off so please don’t worry about that.

hope that helps,

Chocolare cake x

7. Lion
    Temporary41233971 / Feb 03 2021 22.38

ive had discharge for a year now (im 13!) and i have at least a little of each thing that happens during puberty? how long on average do you have almost daily discharge before you get your first period, and how long do you think it'll be before mine starts?

thank you! x

14Chocolatecake / Feb 06 2021 23.31

Hey,

Periods are very hard to predict so my first pecie of advice is just be prepared! Always carry some pads and a spare pair of pants around with you just in case and maybe leave a few pads in your locker at school too. From when discharge starts its normally around 6 months till you have your first period but it is differnt for everyone. Before my first period I was very moody a couple of days before and my discharge got a little heavier around 1 week before. Please don‘t worry thofuh because your periods will start when your body is ready and it’s 100% natural.

chocolate cake x

8. Lion
    moongalexystars / Feb 04 2021 10.08

hi im 10 and im very worried about my period I get a lot of cramps and stomach aches and once I got a little bit of blood on my tissue after going to the toilet what is it like being on your period? thanks .

14Chocolatecake / Feb 06 2021 23.40

Hi moongalexyatars,

Periods are something most girls get every month. Sometimes they can be quite painful but a hot water bottle or a nice hot bath can help with that as well as pain killers. Some people can be quite moody too just before and when they are on there period, this is known as PMS. Your first period may look red, dark brown or even black! But don’t worry this is totally normal. You may feel like you have wet yourself and be a little confued (just go to the toilet and check if its your period.) Be sure to have spare pads everywhere you go just incase.

Good luck —> enjoy being young now but also look forward to becoming a proper womman!

chocolate cake x

9. Headphones
    randomperson28173728 / Feb 09 2021 21.57

Hi, this is stupid hehe but I'm really worried. I've had periods for 5 months now and I'm on it right now. It's really heavy but my whole body just feels weak and shaky. I also have anxiety so I'm worried I'm dying- is this normal or am I actually dying?

10. Childline Avatar
    randomperson28173728 / Feb 09 2021 21.57

Hi, this is stupid hehe but I'm really worried. I've had periods for 5 months now and I'm on it right now. It's really heavy but my whole body just feels weak and shaky. I also have anxiety so I'm worried I'm dying- is this normal or am I actually dying?

Cocoa7 / Feb 10 2021 21.59

Hi,

I know this wasn’t directed at me but I thought I’d try and help. Don’t worry, its not stupid.

Firstly, you’re probably not dying. I have anxiety to and a common symptom of anxiety is feeling shaky. sometimes when I get really anxious I feel weak and shaky to so there is a high chance it could be your anxiety.

It’s normal for your periods to change and be irregular when you haven’t had them for long. However, on the NHS website there is a section on heavy bleeding with periods that has advice and a test you can do to see how heavy your periods are. I would reccomend talking to someone you trust about it and get a second opinion since anxiety can make you think things are much more drastic than they actually are.

Please remember- you aren’t dying and it will be ok ❤️

Jess xx

11. Coolcat

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Chocolatecake xx

strawberry-cow / Feb 21 2021 20.03

hi,

im 11 years old and i have some acne and i get bad cramps. im getting a lot taller (btw im like really really short nut people have said im grtting taller). i wear white underwear so its kinda hard to see dishcharge, but i get this really light yellow thing in my underwear- is this normal? ive been having cramps for ages now, probably a bit under a year, and my breats are starting to grow (very very slowly) is this a sign im going to start my period soon?

-Ash xx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything