Obsessing over my appearance

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    pizzaisnice / Jan 28 2021 23.53

So hi,

Over the past 6 mouths I have been constantly thinking about my appearance very negatively and how i look all the time I can't stop. I just want to be perfect and be pretty and i look at all these other girls and I think they are pretty why don't i look like them. My biggest insecurity is my teeth i have a big overbite and i have to wait a year or two to get braces. the thing is they make me feel so down all the time and i feel frustrated that i can't get them fixed that has just led it to be all i think about. I think about it every hour of everyday and so sick of it i can't stop I contemplate su!idice sometimes because i cant cope with all this pain and worry about how bad i look. I'm just worried that people are going to think i'm ugly and i just want to be pretty and accepted. I don't know how i'm going to cope another two years with all this thinking. people have suggested things i could do to help me stop thinking negatively so much but its just not working i feel like there is nothing i can do to actually be happy with myself for once.

2. Artist
    Temporary76556578 / Feb 05 2021 13.20

Hold up. You are pretty, beautiful, gorgeous, delightful, magnificent, marvelous and unique just the way you are. I don't have an overbite, but, i do have a big yellow patch on one of my front teeth where, get this: i fell of a chair and chipped my newly grown in front adult tooth on another chair. I spend 2 weeks in school unable to eat much at all because i had exposed the nerve. When i went to the dentist, she filled it in wrong so there was a bit that i couldn't get at with my toothbrush. I was bullied about it for a while, but, there are bigger things in life, Okay? what is pretty? Is it normal, different, beautiful, cute, stylish or an amazing person. Look, one person can only have so much beauty. whether it is on the inside or the outside, remember, their beauty is elsewhere, in a completely different place to yours. People whose beauty is on the inside are often scorned for it, but you know what, inner beauty gets you through life, safe, sound and loved, outer beauty can make you feel loved, but it is not love, just people wanting your beauty, when you envy others for their kindness, loyalty and responsibility.

Stay strong!

~Irene

3. Heart
    sunshine3344 / Feb 14 2021 23.40

The things you can’t change, you should embrace. No one was born perfect we all have our own beauty and no one should tell you whether or not you are beautiful because what matters is how you see yourself. For me, confidence came from looking at the mirror and not seeing what I dislike, instead look at what you do love about yourself and only focus on the positive of yourself

4. Childline Avatar
    pizzaisnice / Jan 28 2021 23.53

So hi,

Over the past 6 mouths I have been constantly thinking about my appearance very negatively and how i look all the time I can't stop. I just want to be perfect and be pretty and i look at all these other girls and I think they are pretty why don't i look like them. My biggest insecurity is my teeth i have a big overbite and i have to wait a year or two to get braces. the thing is they make me feel so down all the time and i feel frustrated that i can't get them fixed that has just led it to be all i think about. I think about it every hour of everyday and so sick of it i can't stop I contemplate su!idice sometimes because i cant cope with all this pain and worry about how bad i look. I'm just worried that people are going to think i'm ugly and i just want to be pretty and accepted. I don't know how i'm going to cope another two years with all this thinking. people have suggested things i could do to help me stop thinking negatively so much but its just not working i feel like there is nothing i can do to actually be happy with myself for once.

samxearthgirl / Feb 19 2021 1.50

Hi! Sorry for the late reply, but, dont worry about what other people think okay? I know its hard to, as im going through the same thing as you and i dont even know you, but i still think your beautiful! Maybe try wearing things you like, to make yourself feel confident, and do your hobbies! For me, i like drawing and painting, and i express my emotions on there to release those bad feelings. Another way to which helps me, and i hope it help you too, is to write all your feelings down in a diary! Thats all i can think of, but i hope your still staying confident! 💗

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything