I'm taking a break

Show
  1. Nose dive
    runrunrun / Jan 22 2021 7.34

This is really hard for me to say but..... I'm taking a break from the message boards. I'm keeping my account and I'm pretty sure I'll come back in the not too distant future but for now I need to take a step back. I'm the sort of person who feels like they need to help everyone so if I don't or can't I feel really bad then really stressed and I end up in this cycle. I really do love your stories and pictures and I wish I could give everyone advice and I really love this community but I have to do what's best for my mental health. I promise it is nothing personal to anyone and all the pressure is coming from me not you. I am so so grateful for all the amazing advice I've received and friendships I've made. I just wrote this in case anyone was wondering where I had gone, I hope you can understand and see you soonish,

Tenar

P.s I don't know how long the break will be maybe a few weeks or months? I really don't know.

2. Butterfly
    runrunrun / Jan 22 2021 7.34

This is really hard for me to say but..... I'm taking a break from the message boards. I'm keeping my account and I'm pretty sure I'll come back in the not too distant future but for now I need to take a step back. I'm the sort of person who feels like they need to help everyone so if I don't or can't I feel really bad then really stressed and I end up in this cycle. I really do love your stories and pictures and I wish I could give everyone advice and I really love this community but I have to do what's best for my mental health. I promise it is nothing personal to anyone and all the pressure is coming from me not you. I am so so grateful for all the amazing advice I've received and friendships I've made. I just wrote this in case anyone was wondering where I had gone, I hope you can understand and see you soonish,

Tenar

P.s I don't know how long the break will be maybe a few weeks or months? I really don't know.

ElephantFriend / Feb 26 2021 17.54

Hey Tenar!

I know you probably won't see this for a bit but I'm glad you've decided to stop for a bit if it's affecting your mental health. Please don't feel obliged to do something if it stresses you out! I've felt like I needed to help people a lot too so I understand why this might be pressuring you but you shouldn't feel like you have to do this! Don't feel bad about not responding or helping people out because no one is saying you have to! It just shows how kind a person you are for caring about everybody and you are a great friend so thank you for that!

If you ever feel like you need breaks then you can just take them and there's no need to explain why if you just need to take some time away from Childline because we all understand! Childline isn't like school so there's nothing wrong with not being on it for a while. I've been away from Childline a few times before for quite a few weeks as well and I'm sure a lot of people have so there is no need to apologise for anything.

Anyway, I hope you don't feel bad about this and feel better whenever you decide to come back!

Have a brilliant... however long it is!

~ ElephantFriend (Ef or Efi for short) xXx

3. Nose dive
    runrunrun / Feb 26 2021 19.10

HI Ef!

I have seen your posts ALL OVER THE BOARDS you are such a kind person and even when I haven't been actively in the conversation you've made me feel better. I'm actually starting to come back a bit, but this as still given me great confidence. I am not going to be so all over the place as before, but I'll still pop up here and there. I really admire you and think you are an amazing person and so kind. If you ever want to talk just say, I'll follow this post in case. Hope you have a great day,

Tenar

4. Butterfly
    runrunrun / Feb 26 2021 19.10

HI Ef!

I have seen your posts ALL OVER THE BOARDS you are such a kind person and even when I haven't been actively in the conversation you've made me feel better. I'm actually starting to come back a bit, but this as still given me great confidence. I am not going to be so all over the place as before, but I'll still pop up here and there. I really admire you and think you are an amazing person and so kind. If you ever want to talk just say, I'll follow this post in case. Hope you have a great day,

Tenar

ElephantFriend / Mar 05 2021 14.12

Hi Tenar!

I am so so so sorry I haven't replied!!! I honestly thought I'd clicked the 'follow' button for this thread but it appears I hadn't so I've only just seen your message as it didn't give me a notification

Thank you so much for the kind words! You are such an amazing and kind person as well! I'm glad even just reading some of my posts helped in some way or other (I didn't think many people had read them at all so it's nice knowing that someone has!).

You don't need to come back too quickly if you don't want to. Just do everything in your own time and what's best for you! I've seen some of your posts here and there as well and they're really nice and supportive! Like on the Good Days message board you've posted an encouraging comment about opening up and I think it will help a lot of people even if they don't reply to say so!

Aww thank you a lot! That brought tears to my eyes in a good way and I think you are an amazing person too! If you ever want to talk as well then I'm following this thread now (I didn't realise I wasn't beforehand because I am certain I clicked on it..) so I'll probably reply a bit quicker :)

I hope you have a great day too!

Take care,

~ Ef xxx

5. Nose dive
    ElephantFriend / Mar 05 2021 14.12

Hi Tenar!

I am so so so sorry I haven't replied!!! I honestly thought I'd clicked the 'follow' button for this thread but it appears I hadn't so I've only just seen your message as it didn't give me a notification

Thank you so much for the kind words! You are such an amazing and kind person as well! I'm glad even just reading some of my posts helped in some way or other (I didn't think many people had read them at all so it's nice knowing that someone has!).

You don't need to come back too quickly if you don't want to. Just do everything in your own time and what's best for you! I've seen some of your posts here and there as well and they're really nice and supportive! Like on the Good Days message board you've posted an encouraging comment about opening up and I think it will help a lot of people even if they don't reply to say so!

Aww thank you a lot! That brought tears to my eyes in a good way and I think you are an amazing person too! If you ever want to talk as well then I'm following this thread now (I didn't realise I wasn't beforehand because I am certain I clicked on it..) so I'll probably reply a bit quicker :)

I hope you have a great day too!

Take care,

~ Ef xxx

runrunrun / Mar 05 2021 16.37

Hi Ef,

Everything I said was true well deserved and thank you for complimenting my posts! Don't feel bad about not following the post, I didn't really expect you to anyway, but it's lovely you did!

Tenar

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything