Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    ohwowlol / Jan 16 2021 0.48

i hate it its so exhausting. i cant bring myself to do any work. the thing is i hate being in school even more, i just dont talk in school. sometimes it feels like theres something stopping me from talking, i want to say something i just cant. i never talk in lessons and i hate when they pick on me at random. the only people i talk to are my 4 friends🕺and im not even in any lessons with them. my teacher said shes gonna move my lessons but she never did. um anyway�😀💅

2. Childline Avatar
    HanBow / Jan 17 2021 1.36

Hi ohwowlol,

I'm hearing that you're finding school really tough right now and want you to know that the way you feel is completely valid and understandable. School is difficult at the best of times but trying to navigate it through a pandemic is even harder. I know a few months ago I felt exactly the same and was constantly being flagged up by teachers as struggling with my mental health which meant I had compulsory meetings with our head of year and I hated them because I used to completely panic and would end up sitting there and shaking, just feeling completely unable to say anything. From the sounds of things you have a psychological barrier preventing you from speaking - this is a really tough thing to deal with but by writing it down you are doing so well, I'm really proud of you! Maybe to try and overcome this you could set yourself a mini target each day (for example you could set yourself the goal of volunteering one answer in a lesson) but remember if you do set yourself a target but don't achieve it that is completely okay and doesn't mean you've failed - you can just try again the next day. Also, could you possibly write down how you are feeling and give it to the teacher you trust most at school so that they can let your other teachers know hopefully meaning that they will stop picking you at random? Although sometimes it doesn't feel like it most teachers are really understanding and want to support you in whatever way possible. Hopefully this helps a little.

Hannah

3. Childline Avatar
    HanBow / Jan 17 2021 1.36

Hi ohwowlol,

I'm hearing that you're finding school really tough right now and want you to know that the way you feel is completely valid and understandable. School is difficult at the best of times but trying to navigate it through a pandemic is even harder. I know a few months ago I felt exactly the same and was constantly being flagged up by teachers as struggling with my mental health which meant I had compulsory meetings with our head of year and I hated them because I used to completely panic and would end up sitting there and shaking, just feeling completely unable to say anything. From the sounds of things you have a psychological barrier preventing you from speaking - this is a really tough thing to deal with but by writing it down you are doing so well, I'm really proud of you! Maybe to try and overcome this you could set yourself a mini target each day (for example you could set yourself the goal of volunteering one answer in a lesson) but remember if you do set yourself a target but don't achieve it that is completely okay and doesn't mean you've failed - you can just try again the next day. Also, could you possibly write down how you are feeling and give it to the teacher you trust most at school so that they can let your other teachers know hopefully meaning that they will stop picking you at random? Although sometimes it doesn't feel like it most teachers are really understanding and want to support you in whatever way possible. Hopefully this helps a little.

Hannah

ohwowlol / Jan 17 2021 15.29

hi hannah,

this did help me a lot! i was thinking of writing an email to my head of year a while ago but i didnt really know what to say. they already know about some of my problems and they didnt really do anything. sometimes i feel like schools dont care about mental health, so idk if they will do anything if i send them an email and i dont actually know when im going back to school. but now im going to try do my online work and homework and catch up on everything.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything