Breakup+lockdown

Show
  1. Coolcat
    Ellzxoxo / Jan 06 2021 23.31

(im 17 for context)

ive been with this boy just over 4 months he finally made me feel confident, like i was good enough and that someone wanted to listen to me, i have struggled with my mental health a lot over this last year even though nothing has been diagnosed, we have recently just split up due to distance and not being able to see eachother thanks to covid and i know that he secretly has been talking to another girl for a while now,

without him i feel useless which is pathetic i know as i am more than just “someones girl” but he just gave me so much comfort and now hes gone.

i dont know what to do as every help place doesnt take into account the new lockdown, there are other factors to my life right now its not just a boy but this is the reason i am crying now, any suggestions on what i can do?

2. Loser
    Pretty-Boi / Jan 07 2021 10.22

Hi there, I'm Aaron.

I am also in the lockdown, and I completely understand how you feel.

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't doing so well and are feeling bad because of what had happened. But you are very strong and brave for coming on here and talking to the community about your problems.

I understand how you feel after the break-up, as I have felt like that before on two separate occasions Just know you are not alone and you don't have to fight this battle alone either. You have many people on here you fully support you and care about your mental wellbeing.

Is there any adult that you trust at home? If so, it's always good to talk to them about how you feel, then the two of you can work together to get the support and help you need. If not, Childline is always here to answer your calls and messages. They will always listen to you.

Sometimes it is good to take time off the stress to help your mental health, taking time away from the things that make you feel bad and start focussing more on yourself. Start thinking about the things that you love about yourself, such as the things you enjoy doing or your interests/ hobbies. Spend time doing those things you love and, even better, with the people that you love.

You have my full support and care towards your situation. I do hope you feel better soon and overcome those feelings. You do seem a very nice person who just needs someone to listen out for them.

If you have anything else you want to ask, feel free to!

Take care and stay safe!

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything