depression/anxiety /chat/advice

This content might introduce themes and ideas that may be confusing or shocking if you have not experienced them before.   

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Mental health

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Galaxyhan / Dec 31 2020 19.10

hi im 15 in year 11 i think i have lots of symptoms of depression or anxiety but havent been diagnosed or anything.i am with CAMHS been with them for quite a few months now .i am on the list for CBT(which is cognitive behavior therapy)i dont know when im starting that.i also dont think ive started much with my CAMHS worker but dont have a clue.i feel low all the time and feel like giving up im avoiding time with my family as i just want to be alone .i feel like everything i do is hard and a challenge. school is stressful and hard and cant concentrate when i try .the list could go on ,dont have motivation and just cant do school work .this lockdown in tier 4 doesnt help even though im not sure if anything much has changed for me. .i feel like crying all the time and sometimes i can cry for ages then i feel like crying and want to cry but cant physically cry.i do experience lots of thoughts towards suicide which is hard especially when im actually giving up with myself.ive also been having a lot of panic attacks recently which is also new to me .feel like life is too hard and my feelings are getting worse.my parents dont understand and have been saying things that don't help,my friends are all over the place with me as some are ok and then some have arguments.i dont know what to do and im already finding it hard to distract myself . im not even in the mood for new year

i really dont know what to do and sorry to bother anyone .

im not expecting a reply from anyone as i dont feel good enough for living but just had get some of this of my mind.

x

2. Flying
    Hopefully01 / Jan 04 2021 9.17

hi

that sounds awful. i can't give you amazing advice for everything but i want you to know that you are amazing and deserve the world. i know its almost impossible to take in coming from a stranger, but please hold on. it will get better and everyone around you wants you to be here when it does. please don't give up.

for the panic attacks, when you feel one coming, take a moment to look at five things wherever you are, four things you can hear, three things you can feel, two things you can smell and one thing you can taste.

if you feel a strong urge to d!e, there are lots of helplines that you can call and if you feel like a huge danger to your health or the health of others, call 999.

if you can get help in away other than CAHMS (which doesn't seem to be helping too well if im not mistaken) then please do.

keep holding on.

Ixx

(also you are never bothering anyone when you speak about you issues

3. Childline Avatar
    Molly1464 / Jan 17 2021 22.22

hi, ive been dealing with depression the past 3 years and from experience, there is always someone you can talk to never feel bad about trying to reach out to someone!

4. Childline Avatar
    Temporary04356264 / Jan 19 2021 10.10

TW!!!! mentions of self harm

Hi, I’ve been self harming for a little while now and I haven’t told anyone, I’ve been suffering from anxiety which I did go to therapy for but that didn’t help much I feel so lost and I sort of feel like I’ve gone mad from not telling anyone or seeking help but every time I try too I just seize up. any advice on how to deal with this sticky situation would be greatly appreiciated.

5. Loser
    HellInAHead / Jan 22 2021 14.45

Hi,

I'm nearly 11 (yes, pretty young) but I have been reading up on depression and anxiety, and I have so many panic attacks and i cant control them. I have a lot of symptoms of depression and anxiety but havent been diagnosed. I also clam up and start waffling everytime i try to tell someone, and then there's the numbness. I feel like i cant express myself, and isnt that waht kids are supposed to be able to do? I found a quote this morning that said 'children are happy bcoz they dont hav a file in there minds called 'all the things that could go wrong' and i got rlly annoyed as thats the only file IN my mind. I also have insomnia and all i want is for my existance to have been imaginary. sometimes i pinch myself wanting to know that i have dreamt my whole life but it never works :( I just want this to end and ive had so many thoughts pullin me down. plz, some advice would be amazing i just want to stop feeling low so i can get on with a normal 10 - 11yr old life thanks so much plz plz plz reply i know so many ppl have it worse and i just wanted to say im not trying to gain any sympathy i can give you advice if you need it aswell :)

6. Loser

Hi, I’ve been self harming for a little while now and I haven’t told anyone, I’ve been suffering from anxiety which I did go to therapy for but that didn’t help much I feel so lost and I sort of feel like I’ve gone mad from not telling anyone or seeking help but every time I try too I just seize up. any advice on how to deal with this sticky situation would be greatly appreiciated.

HellInAHead / Jan 22 2021 15.36

Hi!

yes, i am 11yrs old but i have 2yrs experience of low thoughts, so I'm here to help! I won't be able to give u awesome advice but imma try to help :) Well, find a hobby, something that, altho there may be risks of ur self harming getting worse, makes you feel a bit better and raises your spirits. make sure you TELL SOMEONE as self harming is extremely serious, try the 1-2-1 counsellor chat with one of the childline counsellors. This could be due to suicidal thoughts, but, even though i hate these quotes, TRY to think POSITIVE! Just these happy thoughts can help a LOT. BUT for YOUR LIFE'S SAKE TELL SOMEBODY. this is the most serious thing someone could go through, and self harming has different types, so could you please reply and tell me what you have been doing to yourself?

7. Loser

HellInAHead / Jan 22 2021 22.04

How do you go to therapy? I would love pro help but i hope it doesnt involve tellin an adult

8. Childline Avatar
    Kubad106 / Feb 21 2021 0.02

im 13 and ive been feeling like i am insignifacant to anything. i feel like im a disappointment to everyone i feel lonely while having people around me. i fell depressed every day and dont find reasons to get out of bed and do something. most things i used to find fun i find hardley fun anymore i feel like something bad is going to happen. i have been feeling like this for over a year and i havent been diagnosed but i did the nhs. deppresion test and i got 17/24 and it told me i had moderatly severe deppresion is that true? i feel sadness all the time and i want to be alone but i also want comfert what can i do please help me shake these feelings. thank you for listening me out please reply

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything