i just want a girlfriend :(

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    DyslexicSheep / Dec 30 2020 17.10

hi, my name is Josh, im 14 and straight. if you are reading this then thank you in advance.

this might sound rediculus but i just feel so desperate to have a girlfriend, someone to care about and (as stupid as it sounds) to actually want me :/

i’ve been through some trouble when i was younger with my brother’s mental health so i‘m quite mature but a combination of that, my dyslexia that i’ve recently been diagnosed with and being a bit chubby i just tell myself that there is no way that i would ever be loved by a girl.

my friends have mostly all got a girlfriend and they take the piss sometimes, only jokingly, but i dont think that they realise that it hurts when they do.

i go to an all boys school so its 10x harder for me considering that i dont like to use instagram much or other social media platforms to post things other than art or music that i make.

i don’t personally think that i‘m a boring person, i do art and music (i’ve been playing the piano for 5 years and i play drums). i‘ve got a friend who is a girl who says that she would try and help me out but she doesnt really know many people at her school. she says im a nice person who would make a great boyfriend but i just dont have any self confidence.

if you’ve made it this far reading this, thank you and sorry for any spelling mistakes. please leave any advise or share any experiences. thanks again.

Josh

2. Outcast

hi, my name is Josh, im 14 and straight. if you are reading this then thank you in advance.

this might sound rediculus but i just feel so desperate to have a girlfriend, someone to care about and (as stupid as it sounds) to actually want me :/

i’ve been through some trouble when i was younger with my brother’s mental health so i‘m quite mature but a combination of that, my dyslexia that i’ve recently been diagnosed with and being a bit chubby i just tell myself that there is no way that i would ever be loved by a girl.

my friends have mostly all got a girlfriend and they take the piss sometimes, only jokingly, but i dont think that they realise that it hurts when they do.

i go to an all boys school so its 10x harder for me considering that i dont like to use instagram much or other social media platforms to post things other than art or music that i make.

i don’t personally think that i‘m a boring person, i do art and music (i’ve been playing the piano for 5 years and i play drums). i‘ve got a friend who is a girl who says that she would try and help me out but she doesnt really know many people at her school. she says im a nice person who would make a great boyfriend but i just dont have any self confidence.

if you’ve made it this far reading this, thank you and sorry for any spelling mistakes. please leave any advise or share any experiences. thanks again.

Josh

goalkeeper768 / Dec 30 2020 22.23

Hi Josh, I am just like you I am so desperate for a relationship it is ridiculous.I'm 13 and bisexual so yeah.Your dyslexia shouldn't hold you back at all It makes you different in a good way.All girls want is someone to be there for them and who trusts and supports them no matter what. 14 is quite young and without sounding mean they won't be serious relationships and most won't last forever.Don't bring yourself down at all.If you are happy with yourself who cares what other people think, if someone bullies you about your weight something is probably going on in their life which is making them upset so they are taking it out on you.I am not small but I'm not huge,I have lost quite a bit of weight and want to loose more it is just motivation and self esteem that I don't really have I'm a goalkeeper in football and play rugby so I guess I'm kinda using my weight to it's strengths.I like to think most of it is muscle anyway! I hope this helps in a way.

Harri

3. Bursting

Josh

sophi654-321 / Dec 30 2020 22.59

Ok , so I’m 13 and a girl so I don’t know how much help I’ll be. I understand exactly how you feel and although I have a very loving family , we have also had some trouble. I just want to reassure you that you definitely are not boring and you sound like a great person. I would suggest making sure that you are the happiest you can be and take time for yourself. Remember that having a partner isn’t everything. I can’t really help you in the fact that I go to public school but I don’t have any boy friends so I guess I can relate. I have made a few friends who are boys outside of school in clubs (I have played tennis with the same people since i was 7 ) so you could try going to a few clubs a see if you meet anybody ? I hope I could help in some way x

4. Childline Avatar

Josh

cornflowerblue / Dec 31 2020 0.23

i get u, im 14 and go to an all girls. people are getting in relationships all around and even though im bi and all like i dont like anyone at my school and i dont know any boys so like im a bit stuck 😋

5. Childline Avatar
    maydogslove55 / Dec 31 2020 1.31

hey josh, im a girl and im 13. i just wanted to let you know that you will be loved by someone. whether that person comes into your life soon or later. im sure youll find a girl that loves you for you. im just saying the right person will come to you. it doesnt matter how long it takes. i completely understand that you feel as though you want someone to ‘want you’ because i sometimes feel like that too. but dont let that distract you from your worth. i might not know you but youre worth so much. It doesnt matter if your chubby or i dont know how you see yourself. just as long as you have a nice, loving heart, the person will come to you. you deserve someone who loves and and cares for you no matter what. and also youre 14. you have your whole life ahead of you. you dont necessarily need a gf now. youre young and thriving! keep your head up though. and dont ever feel like how you feel is ridiculous. its not. everyone is entitled to feel how they want to feel.

i hope this helped :) -May

6. Childline Avatar

Josh

Girlthatneedsomehlep / Jan 10 2021 11.56

Hey josh

i think you should work on your confidence before trying a relationship so you dont base your self worth on the relationship.

ive dealt with a lot of the sane things you have positivity towards myseld,excersise (i like madfit work0uts) and positive attitude and changes really help.

if ypu want to have a girlfriend notice people around you maybe theres a girl atound u who likes u but u dont notice her.

if you want to have a girlfriend make sure you are your best self and are confidence.

maybe switch up your apperamce idk.

bye,lmk how it goes

7. Childline Avatar

Josh

Royal-looking-dove123 / Jul 26 2021 15.06

Hi Josh

I am 11 and I rly want someone to care for 2. It is difficult and I rly need advice.

8. Coolcat
    Squooshcat / Sep 07 2021 21.41

Hi i am really desperate for relasionship too its really hard i feel so lonely

9. Childline Avatar
    TalentedThinkingJaguar4362 / Sep 08 2021 17.15

Hi Josh

I'm a 14 year old boy who likes guys but i go to an only girls school (I'm trans). I totally get what you mean but don't worry, even if you stay at your school till the last year, you will at some point go to university or work somewhere and i really doubt you'll not be able to find someone then.

10. Childline Avatar

Josh

LivelySittingTiger5385 / Sep 26 2021 2.31

Hi josh, or anyone that is reading this in future,

I think the first step is to start small

Maybe you get the train to school and there is a girl in your year who gets on there, not at your school, but any school near yours.

On the first day, give her a small smile, then slightly bigger, until you work your way up to a hey

Keep going until you can have a conversation with her and you would consider her as a friend

This will build up your basic confidence in talking to girls, and as a next step I would recommend talking to girls on snapchat. I know the idea initially sounds lame and cringy but just keep going until its no bother. The bonus of online is that you dont have to fully show them what you look like, and they can like you for your personality.

My final tip for you would be to go to meetups with you friends and their girlfriends, as the girls will likely bring a friend. This is a great way of meeting girls and gaining that basic confidence, as your friend is there to support you

I hope this helps,

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything