Show
  1. Demolishing
    IcedWatermelonTea / Dec 29 2020 22.23

Heloo people! Ummm.... I just came to say that i have some ideas for some cool improvements on the ChildLine website.

☑️ New emojis! I know you can just use the emojis on your keyboard/phone, but the emojis on here are unique. Maybe you could add ones like food emojis, hobby emojis (Basically things like music notes, animal ones ect.)

☑️ More games. There are a few games, but they do start to get a little boring if you play them alot like i do or you need Flash to play them, and i dont have it 😔. Maybe add games like piano games where you can make you own music, or a sime game if your stressed.

☑️ A update on the art box. The art box is SO good! There are loads of backgrounds to choose from and more but... that's kinda my point. It would be great is you can have a better selection like having pattens or... well i cant think of anything😅. Oh, and since im on a phone, can you fix the movement of the Art box because whenever i want to draw downwards, for example, the page goes down and i only get a dot on the paper. Maybe do it so that if your touching the bit where you draw, the page don't go down.

☑️Finally, More options of how to decorate your locker. I want maybe to be able to use a picture I drew as the background or maybe a profile picture! Even better, you could add music (but everyone would have the ability to turn it off in case someone hears it).

OK, there are my ideas. Sorry is this is a ramble but I wanna know what everyone thinks especially the hosts!

Stay Safe,

Candy

2. Outcast
    AnxiousButNotGivingUp / Dec 30 2020 10.37

I also struggle with the issues of the movement on the art box as I also use Childline on my phone. These are great ideas. Thank you for sharing.

3. Demolishing
    IcedWatermelonTea / Dec 30 2020 12.30

Thank you for replying! I have wanted to do this for a while but didn't know where. The thread took about half an hour to write too, so im glad someone has an opinion.

Take care,

🍭

4. Demolishing
    IcedWatermelonTea / Jan 02 2021 19.31

Ok...i thought of another update.

☑️ Description of yourself. So basically i thought you could add a little description of yourself by going to edit profile and then you can say something about yourself so others can see.

☑️ Let others see your profile. So say if someone sees a post and see your name, maybe they could see your profile. Like, they wont see privite suff like your journal or emails, but maybe they could see a description of you or games you played or even your pictured from the art box (if they are shared). There could be an option in the settings for what. people can see too.

I just want to know what everyone thinks soooooo much...

5. Lion
    BennyWithAWhy / Jan 05 2021 13.41

I had so many of these ideas as well :D May I add a few? I'm not sure if they will be allowed though...

> Following/adding friends

Addition to the profile thing, if you know someone from the message boards then you can send them a friend request. If they want to add you too then you can become friends.

>Chatting with friends

All posts are moderated, but only your friend can see what you're typing. So it could be like text messages but the moderation team still view it so you are not saying anything you are not supposed to be.

>Colour wheel for art box

The colour selection is... not great. A whole colour wheel would be coolio so you can choose specific colours, but the simple colours should still be avaliable.

From your ideas, here are the ones I would really like (ideas I had before you posted them lol)

The profile with description

The new emojis (I would love to have 🌚)

Making the art box not go up

I really hope someone sees this, all of these ideas a great :D Thank you for posting them.

6. Spiralling
    HowManyStarsCanYouSee / Jan 06 2021 15.47

Hi!

Can i add an idea?

A goals section in the locker.

Maybe kind of like a mood journal, in a way you can see your progress? they could be for things you want to do daily or multiple times a day, or something you want to accomplish by the end of a certain time, or something you want to stop.

i think the profile, art box, locker decorating and friends are also good ideas, as long as you can have the option whether or not you want people to see all your posts and shared pictures that easily, as this may make it easier for people to find out who you are.

However i dont think they should have an option for following people as people might start to worry more about how many people follow them, and childline is supposed to be a place to help you feel better, not worse. These are my opinions and your opinions might be different :)

Thank you

7. Lion
    HowManyStarsCanYouSee / Jan 06 2021 15.47

Hi!

Can i add an idea?

A goals section in the locker.

Maybe kind of like a mood journal, in a way you can see your progress? they could be for things you want to do daily or multiple times a day, or something you want to accomplish by the end of a certain time, or something you want to stop.

i think the profile, art box, locker decorating and friends are also good ideas, as long as you can have the option whether or not you want people to see all your posts and shared pictures that easily, as this may make it easier for people to find out who you are.

However i dont think they should have an option for following people as people might start to worry more about how many people follow them, and childline is supposed to be a place to help you feel better, not worse. These are my opinions and your opinions might be different :)

Thank you

BennyWithAWhy / Jan 06 2021 16.59

A goals section would be really cool, there's something like that on Kooth.

By following I don't mean it like on Instagram or that I mean it in a way of adding friends like with requests :)

8. Spiralling
    BennyWithAWhy / Jan 06 2021 16.59

A goals section would be really cool, there's something like that on Kooth.

By following I don't mean it like on Instagram or that I mean it in a way of adding friends like with requests :)

HowManyStarsCanYouSee / Jan 06 2021 18.15

Yeah i have Kooth but i personally like the childline website better. i think thats where i got the idea from

im not sure about counselling though, i haven't done any 1-2-1's on Kooth.

Oh i guess that would work, and messaging friends.

sorry

9. Demolishing
    IcedWatermelonTea / Jan 08 2021 21.49

Another update!

☑️ Hide page, save page

The hide page save page option is real useful, BUT.. whenever i do something like play a game, because im on Android, the function covers all or most of the page and when im doing something like looking at a message landscape display i accidentally tap hide page and when igo back ir says that there is an error. Maybe do something like if you go to the top of the page the funcion will be there but when you go down it dosent appear.

10. Football
    MagicalSunset7001 / Jan 14 2021 15.15

Hi,

These are all great ideas! I would love to:

Be able to write more on the message boards because there is a limit to the amount of characters you can use and sometimes if you want to give advice to someone else, you can't finish writing. It sounds like a lot more characters than it actually is.

Be able to save your 1-2-1 chat history so that you can use the advice in the future.

Have a way to save what you do on the games so that you can go back to it later or check on it another time (like the positivity thing)

I especially like the ideas of:

A goal/achievement section that childline can comment on too

New emojis

Being able to add a description of yourself so that when you post on the message boards if they click on your icon, it comes up.

11. Top dog
    GoldenRetrieverPuppy / Jan 14 2021 15.50

I'd like to be able to choose more than one emoji in the mood journal, because sometimes I'm feeling more than one emotion at once.

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything