Grief at Christmas Time

Show
  1. Contemplator
    Temporary90488449 / Dec 22 2020 10.28

hi

i dont really know how to phrase this, so im going to just list it:

this christmas is going to be my first christmas without my nan but my grandad is still alive, so we are going to see him. ( he is in our bubble btw)

but i have a feeling that on christmas day, my family is going to get really upset remembering my nan and stuff. i dont want to cry with them, i want to be the strong one to help them through it, but i have a feeling i might fail.

should i be the one who should do this?

if yes, then how can i cope.

btw, my family are really supportive and stuff so dw about that side of things.

if anyone has any advice, that would amazing xxx

btw im 13 yrs old x

2. Childline Avatar
    BlackKittenandaBlanket / Dec 29 2020 23.30

I am so sorry no one could reply to this sooner

There is nothing I can really say to help you through this time.

My dads dad (my grandpa) died this year, it really hurt my father. Especially bc two of his cousins/uncles died that same week

Loss kinda stays with you forever. And trying to be the "strong one" doesn't always* help, Sometimes simply "letting go of your emotions" doesnt work

I say indulge your self, give in to your emotions talk to a friend parent or teacher until you are confident in not letting go but moving on. Write down what your feeling in a scrapbook. If you like doing artistic things paint a picture, write a poem displaying your feelings or a song.

May your Nana's soul rest in heaven

3. Childline Avatar
    Temporary58615617 / Apr 08 2021 0.21

you know sometimes loosing a loved one for a child so young is really hard. im 16 and i recently lost the only thing i had left that was really keeping me happy and that was my pup and i tried to be strong for her but sometimes u need to give s good cry now and again to just get through it you will never be alone and always have people to support you no matter what but if you feel like being the strong one isnt going to work dont push it because in the end everyone deals with it in different ways like i cry when im laid in bed on a night dont worry.

4. Childline Avatar
    BlackKittenandaBlanket / Dec 29 2020 23.30

I am so sorry no one could reply to this sooner

There is nothing I can really say to help you through this time.

My dads dad (my grandpa) died this year, it really hurt my father. Especially bc two of his cousins/uncles died that same week

Loss kinda stays with you forever. And trying to be the "strong one" doesn't always* help, Sometimes simply "letting go of your emotions" doesnt work

I say indulge your self, give in to your emotions talk to a friend parent or teacher until you are confident in not letting go but moving on. Write down what your feeling in a scrapbook. If you like doing artistic things paint a picture, write a poem displaying your feelings or a song.

May your Nana's soul rest in heaven

HermioneGranger83 / Apr 08 2021 22.37

Hi,

thank you so much for replying to my post :) (btw i forgot my password so i had to create a new account)

I talked to some people at school, and they helped a little

Christmas day wasn't as bad as i thought it would be and we got through it.

i really dont want to make anyone feel bad or anything like that, but im gonna admit that i started self harming just before christmas break; nothing major though, and i am fine at the moment.

we recently celebrated my grandmothers memorial day, and it was quite peaceful and "chilled" ( by that i mean we all sat together and talked about the memories we had of her).

If anyone ever needs support or help i am here so please talk to us and we will try and help, no one should suffer in silence xxxxx

I hope everyone is okay and surviving this strange world we have at the moment,

lots of love

Zoë

(btw i am a genderfluid bisexual so if anyone needs any help with that respects im here for you xxxxx🏳️‍🌈)

5. Childline Avatar
    Temporary58615617 / Apr 08 2021 0.21

you know sometimes loosing a loved one for a child so young is really hard. im 16 and i recently lost the only thing i had left that was really keeping me happy and that was my pup and i tried to be strong for her but sometimes u need to give s good cry now and again to just get through it you will never be alone and always have people to support you no matter what but if you feel like being the strong one isnt going to work dont push it because in the end everyone deals with it in different ways like i cry when im laid in bed on a night dont worry.

HermioneGranger83 / Apr 08 2021 22.38

Thank you so much xxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope you are doing better xx but if you aren't please talk to someone xx :(

lots of love,

from me

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything