I’m not sure what to do

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Molly20003 / Dec 17 2020 1.37

Hi, im 17 and i live at home with my mam and dad, i stopped speaking to my dad around 4 years ago because of how he was treating me. since i stopped talking to him hes made sure he still gets in my head by giving me emotional abuse by constantly swearing and calling me things. a few month ago he took away the keys and locked me in the house and wouldnt let me out as well as removing the wifi router so i couldnt contact anyone for help and i couldnt stop having panic attacks and thats when i realised how i cant live here anymore. i get on with my mam however she doesnt stick up for me and whenever i tell her about what he says to me she doesnt do anything about it. ive told my family how im depressed and how it sometimes gets to the point where i dont want to live. i desperatley want to move out because i spend everyday in my room crying and i just want to move away from here and start over. i found out that my dad has been like this with my older siblings when they were my age however they moved out because they had partners and they took them in. i dont have anyone i can turn to and i dont know how to get away from here. whenever i tell somebody about my situation my mam tells them im lying and that i bring it all on myself because i think shes scared of him and she wont divorce him. does anybody know how i can get out of this situation because im worried if i report it to my college theyre not going to help because i dont have proof that this happens and my mam will tell them im lying. my mental health is getting really really bad and i just want out of here.

2. Coolcat
    alwaystriangle3 / Dec 20 2020 19.32

i know you feel really bad right now but i promise you are not alone. Maybe you could stay with your older siblings for a while? Or talk to one of the counsellors here there are really great and will know what you can do. If you can't live at home you council is required to give you accommodation , you could talk to your college about this.

I want you to know that you can get through this. Life is always work living and the fact the you have reached out shows you know that on some level.

Please talk to one of the councillors here

lots of love xxx

3. Childline Avatar
    alwaystriangle3 / Dec 20 2020 19.32

i know you feel really bad right now but i promise you are not alone. Maybe you could stay with your older siblings for a while? Or talk to one of the counsellors here there are really great and will know what you can do. If you can't live at home you council is required to give you accommodation , you could talk to your college about this.

I want you to know that you can get through this. Life is always work living and the fact the you have reached out shows you know that on some level.

Please talk to one of the councillors here

lots of love xxx

Arwen17 / Jan 03 2021 1.00

totally agree with freefox516 - maybe try and contact one of your siblings and stay with them. they'll understand, and hopefully be supportive and help you through. also about telling your college - all they'll be interested in is you, and what you say. a form of emotional abuse is actually denying that it's happening, because no one would fake something like that. they'd probably call social services and they'd talk to you about what's happening and offer you the best help they can provide. don't listen to your mam or dad if they tell you not to say anything or something will happen, because social services will probably put a restraining order in place (if you want) and get you far away from them/get you to live with your siblings

i am so sorry this is happening to you and if you ever need help childline and the message boards are always here for you!!

you're not alone <3

summer xx

4. Childline Avatar
    Arwen17 / Jan 03 2021 1.00

totally agree with freefox516 - maybe try and contact one of your siblings and stay with them. they'll understand, and hopefully be supportive and help you through. also about telling your college - all they'll be interested in is you, and what you say. a form of emotional abuse is actually denying that it's happening, because no one would fake something like that. they'd probably call social services and they'd talk to you about what's happening and offer you the best help they can provide. don't listen to your mam or dad if they tell you not to say anything or something will happen, because social services will probably put a restraining order in place (if you want) and get you far away from them/get you to live with your siblings

i am so sorry this is happening to you and if you ever need help childline and the message boards are always here for you!!

you're not alone <3

summer xx

LivelySkatingRobin7462 / Sep 25 2021 19.01

I get grabbed by the neck threatned to be hit i want a break in like a care home or something for a while before i do somthing bad

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything