Recovery?

This content might introduce themes and ideas that may be confusing or shocking if you have not experienced them before.   

Go to Recovery

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Dancingqueen2004 / Dec 13 2020 1.47

hi so after finally opening up to my school counsellor this week im going to see a mental health doctor. can anyone like tell me how the appt hoes and if ill end up having to go cahms. im new to this all. like my bestfriend he ⚠️TW⚠️...

ended up committing in september. he was my whole world and now i havnt got a world anymore. i need the help desperately as i am worse everyday. just any tips and words or wisdom/advice would be great and encouraging.

-E (16)

2. Childline Avatar
    Temporary27326941 / Dec 13 2020 23.48

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - I can't imagine how difficult that must be for you but I do know that everything gets easier over time, so hang in there. Wouldn't be able to tell you how the appt will go; I will say that honesty is everything - don't hold anything back so that you can get the best advice/support for you. Making a list of the things you'd like to say beforehand might be a good idea. You don't seem keen on the idea of being referred to CAMHS but I'd say to try to have an open mind - getting the support you need is the most important thing and if CAMHS can provide that then that's great! I can imagine this must be a lonely and sad time, so reach out to the people you trust whether it's family, friends, or someone from Childline. Also, Childline has some great information on the site and NHS's One You / Every Mind Matters has helped me, so I'd recommend checking those out. I hope your appointment goes well and you get the help you need. Stay safe.

-S (16)

3. Childline Avatar
    Temporary27326941 / Dec 13 2020 23.48

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - I can't imagine how difficult that must be for you but I do know that everything gets easier over time, so hang in there. Wouldn't be able to tell you how the appt will go; I will say that honesty is everything - don't hold anything back so that you can get the best advice/support for you. Making a list of the things you'd like to say beforehand might be a good idea. You don't seem keen on the idea of being referred to CAMHS but I'd say to try to have an open mind - getting the support you need is the most important thing and if CAMHS can provide that then that's great! I can imagine this must be a lonely and sad time, so reach out to the people you trust whether it's family, friends, or someone from Childline. Also, Childline has some great information on the site and NHS's One You / Every Mind Matters has helped me, so I'd recommend checking those out. I hope your appointment goes well and you get the help you need. Stay safe.

-S (16)

Dancingqueen2004 / Dec 14 2020 19.30

thank you so much for your reply. ill try and keep an open mind im just nervous because i only hear negatives about cahms so it makes me a bit unsure. :)

4. Childline Avatar
    Dancingqueen2004 / Dec 14 2020 19.30

thank you so much for your reply. ill try and keep an open mind im just nervous because i only hear negatives about cahms so it makes me a bit unsure. :)

Temporary27326941 / Dec 15 2020 20.27

No problem :)

Ah I see, yes I know what you mean I've heard this as well - lots of the people I've spoken to have said that they are useless and other similar things, but I think it's great that you're going to try to have an open mind; I get how hearing those sorts of negative things can make you feel unsure as you said - it did for me, but they have helped me HUGELY. Definitely changed my life. Keep in mind that they are the absolute experts and that if you're not happy with anything you can speak to someone about it (like your psychiatric consultant who'd be in charge of your care under CAMHS.) They can talk to you about any concerns or make changes if necessary.

-S (16)

5. Childline Avatar
    Temporary27326941 / Dec 15 2020 20.27

No problem :)

Ah I see, yes I know what you mean I've heard this as well - lots of the people I've spoken to have said that they are useless and other similar things, but I think it's great that you're going to try to have an open mind; I get how hearing those sorts of negative things can make you feel unsure as you said - it did for me, but they have helped me HUGELY. Definitely changed my life. Keep in mind that they are the absolute experts and that if you're not happy with anything you can speak to someone about it (like your psychiatric consultant who'd be in charge of your care under CAMHS.) They can talk to you about any concerns or make changes if necessary.

-S (16)

Dancingqueen2004 / Dec 15 2020 22.13

thank you so much its nice to hwar something positive about them. that makes me feel thousand times better :)

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything