Show
  1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Dec 08 2020 10.02

Hi everyone,

One of the changes Childline made due to coronavirus and the same amount of volunteers not being able to come in was to change the switchboard to an recorded message that gives you information and then lets you press to choose different options.

This is now usually what you will hear when you call before you speak to a counsellor, if that's the option you choose.

We would love to hear your experiences of using this and what it is like for you.

Anything you’d like to tell us about calling and hearing the recorded options versus speaking to someone previously on the switchboard would also be so helpful!

Thanks and take care,

Jas-Host

2. Bursting
    Blackcurranticecream / Dec 09 2020 16.56

Hi Jas

I like the switchboard messages

3. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Dec 09 2020 19.39

Hi Blackcurranticecream,

Thank you! We're glad to hear that you like them!

Did you ever call before we had these messages when you talked to someone on the switchboard before they put you through to talk to a counsellor? We just wondered if you liked one way better than the other.

Take care,

Jas-Host

4. Bursting
    Blackcurranticecream / Dec 10 2020 7.59

Hia Jas

Yes I used to call before and I prefer the new switchboard

Shriya

5. Sheep
    FlyingScotchBunny / Dec 14 2020 22.55

Hi I need help really badly, I can't cope with things and I feel like I am losing my mind and my control.

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Bye

6. Childline Avatar
    FlyingScotchBunny / Dec 14 2020 22.55

Hi I need help really badly, I can't cope with things and I feel like I am losing my mind and my control.

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Bye

noone321 / Dec 15 2020 13.00

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch.

If you find the message board relating to your topic, and post more details about what you're going through, people will be able to help more.

You can find the message board categories here:

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/message-boards/

And you can always talk to a counsellor on the phone or through live chat-here: (during applicable hours)

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/

Hope this helps! :)

7. Sheep
    noone321 / Dec 15 2020 13.00

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch.

If you find the message board relating to your topic, and post more details about what you're going through, people will be able to help more.

You can find the message board categories here:

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/message-boards/

And you can always talk to a counsellor on the phone or through live chat-here: (during applicable hours)

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/

Hope this helps! :)

FlyingScotchBunny / Dec 15 2020 23.13

Thank you but another problem is that I'm really shy and get scared very easily

8. Childline Avatar
    FlyingScotchBunny / Dec 15 2020 23.13

Thank you but another problem is that I'm really shy and get scared very easily

noone321 / Dec 17 2020 9.02

That's ok, maybe start with the message boards then, people who reply are all around your age and many often go through the same things!

The first step to getting advise and support, is reaching out. It's all anonymous here, there's nothing to be afraid of. :)

9. Headphones
    TheAverageE / Jan 04 2021 19.57

Hi Jas,

It has been a while since I called, although I have heard the new switchboard message and I found it a bit easier. In the reeeeally old days, it used to be that the switchboarders would ask a specific question like “would you like to speak to a counsellor today”? and you could just answer yes or no. But then they seemed to stop doing this and you actually had to say something like “can I talk to a counsellor please”? which was sometimes more difficult. So just being able to press a button is really good and maybe better for those who are more shy. However if we do go back to the human switchboarders (which were also really good) I think it would be better to go back to the more specific questions being asked.

I appreciate it’s been a while since I phoned but I’ve been around for a lot of years (I’m 18 now) so I hope this feedback is helpful.

Take care,

-Elle

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything