Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Temporary18254028 / Nov 23 2020 0.59

Not Me

My girlfriend, as beautiful and amazing as she is has an addiction to sleeping pills, antidepressants, tobacco, weed and self harm, she lives with a dad who gets high a lot, her other dad is a dealer and her mum throws her out the house occasionally, I love her and I‘d let her stay at mine but my parents won’t allow it, if they knew about her and her addictions they would kill me, I want to report the abusive parenting to social services and or the police but I don‘t know if that’s the correct decision, if it is, do I consult her first of just go for it?

Thanks in advance

2. Childline Avatar
    Temporary89561742 / Nov 24 2020 22.37

honestly, it is completely up to you and whatever you choose to do i respect it. if i was you, id probably want to tell social services. but, if i was dating someone who knew that i take heroin as frequently as i do, knew the things i do to get it, and knew how often i do other drugs, and they told social services id be pissed, but not really at the person who told them to be honest. the thing i would be most angry about would be that id be in so much trouble i woulddnt have the opportunity to actually buy the drugs and get the money for the drugs. now if your girlfriend actually wants to stop, which she might do, then i think you should definitely tell someone. but if you tell someone and she gets angry, im sure she'll come around eventually, as all you want is whats best for her

3. Childline Avatar
    LivelyHoppingLlama5643 / May 24 2021 18.19

you are all so brave. My Mom had a painkiller addiction and at the weekend, I found 140 empty pills. I’m worried for her, she keeps buying more. They’ve been abusing me, especially my Dad, who threatened to stab me. I don’t feel safe, I haven’t for a while, but they are good people and I don‘t want things to change. I don‘t know who to turn to but I can’t cope anymore.

4. Childline Avatar
    Temporary18254028 / Nov 23 2020 0.59

Not Me

My girlfriend, as beautiful and amazing as she is has an addiction to sleeping pills, antidepressants, tobacco, weed and self harm, she lives with a dad who gets high a lot, her other dad is a dealer and her mum throws her out the house occasionally, I love her and I‘d let her stay at mine but my parents won’t allow it, if they knew about her and her addictions they would kill me, I want to report the abusive parenting to social services and or the police but I don‘t know if that’s the correct decision, if it is, do I consult her first of just go for it?

Thanks in advance

Jimbos / Jun 01 2021 0.42

I’d report it. Her parents are neglectful and possibly abusive. She is struggling. Someone needs to step in.

Can you get an adult to report on your behalf? Their word may have more sway.

5. Bursting
    angelthequeen33 / Sep 11 2021 7.27

always talk to her first as they are her parents but explain to her why this could be a good idea

hope i have helped

Angelina

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything