Suicidal,depression

This content might introduce themes and ideas that may be confusing or shocking if you have not experienced them before.   

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Relationships

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Temporary85060170 / Nov 11 2020 19.50

hey im 17 and im just really struggling to keep living im struggling to do so much like to get out of bed in the morning ,people keep saying it will get better but since i been out of hospital i dont feel any better or like im getting help in time , i cut to distract myself from my thoughts but nothing is working i feel like im hanging on by a thread.

2. Childline Avatar
    Temporary28051549 / Nov 11 2020 19.59

hey dude , im sorry you feel like this , im not feeling great atm ether thats why im on here. you could talk to me if you want to stop you thinking about the bad things

3. Heart
    DLOVESN / Nov 14 2020 11.52

i am the same dude i use an app called Headspace give it a try it might help

4. Childline Avatar
    tatty1runt / Nov 14 2020 20.33

this makes me so sad to hear, but i can definetely relate, if you speak to like your parents or something just ask to go on a walk or somethinf and tell them how you feel. i reallu hope this gets better for you!!

5. Fixer
    GalaxyAstrx / Dec 01 2020 22.31

Think about what makes you feel like this and this is gonna sound annoying but talk about it! Talk to someone you trust or write it down! After you know what caused it, write down something positive even if its really small. Maybe find a hobby or go for a walk! Find your feet and dig in your roots! Be happy!

6. Childline Avatar
    DumblyDore10 / Dec 10 2020 22.53

I do yoga. it really helps to get in touch with yourself. Headspace is a meditation app so yoga is good if you struggle to keep still during meditation. Dont feel suicidal. I know its not that simple but please, honey, when life gets tough remember that you are not alone. Life is precious, You only get to live life once (unless you beleive otherwise) and depression shouldnt be the end of you. You have to take a stand, for all of the other young people going through the same thing. Suicide wont be the end of us. We will keep standing. 🚩🚩🚩

7. Childline Avatar
    Kaymets / Dec 12 2020 22.41

I completely understand what you mean. I am 18, and to me, everyday seems routinal and bland but almost feels out of my control. people probably say the same to you like, ’just get up!’ ‘just go out!’ etc but it can be difficult finding the motivation to. my advice would be perhaps to take a small step and find something you enjoy, maybe in your home or your garden atleast so you’re not in bed. maybe meditation or yoga? or even art of some kind? small things really can lead to great recovery over time and just know your life is worthy and im very proud of you for making it this far! You’ve survived your hardships! How amazing is that?! x

8. Superstar
    bluepinkpurple1900 / Jan 19 2021 9.24

Hello, i'm 10 and am constantly struggling to be myself and be happy. I feel like there is no point in being alive and feel like a complete failure. I started self harming ( not big just a few cuts and the ends of my fingers ) and end up crying every day. My parents want me too be like all my friends ( perfect grades, good at sports, etc ) but i'm not like them. It makes me feel worthless. Im also extremely insecure about my body image ( I had a quite early puberty and so i'm not like my friends) and i'm sacred of what people will think of me. There are some things that i love to do ( like singing ) but i'm to scared to tell anyone because i'm very insecure. People always tell me to get out of bed or get out the house but i just dont want to. i just feel like life isn't worth living.

9. Supported
    ArtTomboy1 / Jan 19 2021 11.15

Hey dude! Sorry your feeling like this im 11 and do things you love, go on a walk or do a 1-2-1 counsellor chat, i just did one and it got a load of things of my chest and i feel a lot better now. I hope you feel better soon, hugs!

10. Childline Avatar
    Temporary85060170 / Nov 11 2020 19.50

hey im 17 and im just really struggling to keep living im struggling to do so much like to get out of bed in the morning ,people keep saying it will get better but since i been out of hospital i dont feel any better or like im getting help in time , i cut to distract myself from my thoughts but nothing is working i feel like im hanging on by a thread.

joeeeeeeeeee / Jan 20 2021 23.04

hey dont leave i lost my friend in october people will miss you its a crushing feeling constantly there are people who care and i know it dosent feel like it but they need you bb

11. Superstar
    ArtTomboy1 / Jan 19 2021 11.15

Hey dude! Sorry your feeling like this im 11 and do things you love, go on a walk or do a 1-2-1 counsellor chat, i just did one and it got a load of things of my chest and i feel a lot better now. I hope you feel better soon, hugs!

bluepinkpurple1900 / Jan 22 2021 17.52

Thanks, I recently got an e mail from child line and have been forwarding messages back and forth and getting things of my chest.

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything