Show
  1. Lion
    BennyWithAWhy / Nov 03 2020 14.15

I've had to self isolate for 14 days and do home learning and it's all shambles. Teachers set the work late, I don't finish it on time and it's all a mess. I have to sit in front of a laptop for hours and it's awful. Does anyone else feel this way?

2. Mouse
    obtuseangle / Nov 04 2020 21.48

I'm so sorry you've had to self-isolate! Schools have normalised overworking students online, it's really unfair. Know that a lot of others that have to stay home all day, all alone feel this way too. It must be very lonely by yourself, on top of all of the work you're getting! The teachers are also very new to this concept but I do agree that they should be more considerate towards the students at home. I hope that they are at least understanding when you complete the work late. To be honest, they should be thankful that you're even submitting work at all! During quarantine, the majority of my primary school class had been skipping the work altogether and had never been confronted about that. That fact may be a bit discouraging, but just know you're doing the right thing. Don't be afraid to submit it late!

The overuse of technology nowadays is also really eyesight damaging for some. Also be aware that taking a break isn't unproductive! Taking breaks is always necessary to learn things to your full potential. I bet that you're a smart person and you will work well even at home. Be safe during these times, and I hope my words helped!

3. Bookworm
    Stories4ever / Nov 06 2020 17.38

I had my first self isolating day today because I now have to self isolate for the next 14 days. A girl in my year has a confirmed covid test. I am in year 11 as well, so I am worried about my exam results for next year. I hate being on a screen all day too, I didn't mind in the summer because I spent all afternoon/evening outside, but now it's dark and cold. I really want to go back to school now.

4. Lion

I'm so sorry you've had to self-isolate! Schools have normalised overworking students online, it's really unfair. Know that a lot of others that have to stay home all day, all alone feel this way too. It must be very lonely by yourself, on top of all of the work you're getting! The teachers are also very new to this concept but I do agree that they should be more considerate towards the students at home. I hope that they are at least understanding when you complete the work late. To be honest, they should be thankful that you're even submitting work at all! During quarantine, the majority of my primary school class had been skipping the work altogether and had never been confronted about that. That fact may be a bit discouraging, but just know you're doing the right thing. Don't be afraid to submit it late!

The overuse of technology nowadays is also really eyesight damaging for some. Also be aware that taking a break isn't unproductive! Taking breaks is always necessary to learn things to your full potential. I bet that you're a smart person and you will work well even at home. Be safe during these times, and I hope my words helped!

BennyWithAWhy / Nov 07 2020 12.40

Thank you, your words really have helped. :)

5. Lion
    Stories4ever / Nov 06 2020 17.38

I had my first self isolating day today because I now have to self isolate for the next 14 days. A girl in my year has a confirmed covid test. I am in year 11 as well, so I am worried about my exam results for next year. I hate being on a screen all day too, I didn't mind in the summer because I spent all afternoon/evening outside, but now it's dark and cold. I really want to go back to school now.

BennyWithAWhy / Nov 07 2020 12.42

There were 3 people in my year who got a confirmed case so half of the year had to self isolate. It must be horrible being in year 11 at this time, people say it's the best part of school and you don't get to enjoy it. I love autumn and I can't even enjoy it now because of this self isolation. :( Hope you're well otherwise.

6. Flower
    BennyWithAWhy / Nov 03 2020 14.15

I've had to self isolate for 14 days and do home learning and it's all shambles. Teachers set the work late, I don't finish it on time and it's all a mess. I have to sit in front of a laptop for hours and it's awful. Does anyone else feel this way?

Positive-Pumpkin / Nov 09 2020 8.08

Hi,

YES! This happened to me and my class too!! We always procrastinated, and so we hate home-schooling for this reason. Some of our teachers are understanding and know we are in hard times so it is tough to complete work, whilst other teachers moan at us because 'we are grammar school girls and should finish work set'.

It's honestly annoying. At least now you know you are not alone! You have 30 other kids who are dealing with the same stuff!

I hope they don't close schools, I don't think I can bear that

~Positive-Pumpkin x

7. Lion
    Positive-Pumpkin / Nov 09 2020 8.08

Hi,

YES! This happened to me and my class too!! We always procrastinated, and so we hate home-schooling for this reason. Some of our teachers are understanding and know we are in hard times so it is tough to complete work, whilst other teachers moan at us because 'we are grammar school girls and should finish work set'.

It's honestly annoying. At least now you know you are not alone! You have 30 other kids who are dealing with the same stuff!

I hope they don't close schools, I don't think I can bear that

~Positive-Pumpkin x

BennyWithAWhy / Nov 09 2020 9.52

Yep, it's only for 2 weeks so I should be able to go back soon. :D

8. Childline Avatar
    Temporary63530635 / Nov 13 2020 21.21

i have just had to self isolate for 14 days cause someone in my school got it and i hate online school. its so difficult to focus. I literally end up getting so upset and stressed out and then end up not doing any work. My grades have drop to like grade 2 from grade 6 to 8. Does anyone have any tips to help me 😩

9. Lion
    Temporary63530635 / Nov 13 2020 21.21

i have just had to self isolate for 14 days cause someone in my school got it and i hate online school. its so difficult to focus. I literally end up getting so upset and stressed out and then end up not doing any work. My grades have drop to like grade 2 from grade 6 to 8. Does anyone have any tips to help me 😩

BennyWithAWhy / Nov 15 2020 10.33

What I did was keep everything that would be a distraction away from me (eg paper, phone etc) so I couldn't get distracted by it. My grades went down as well because of home learning.

10. Bursting

LivinLife123 / Jan 19 2021 14.59

Thank you for sharing but now it's lockdown nobody's sure when we'll be back at school.

11. Mouse
    LivinLife123 / Jan 19 2021 14.59

Thank you for sharing but now it's lockdown nobody's sure when we'll be back at school.

obtuseangle / Feb 12 2021 23.25

The government isn't doing a very great job which definitely plays into how horrible things have been going nationally. Those ads that are like, “Look them in the eye,” and blah blah is just the government trying to push the blame of the severity of COVID-19 onto the younger generation and that sucks.

Do you enjoy being in school physically more than online work? I think it's easier to enjoy being in school and being physically there since you're kinda forced to do everything with teachers over your shoulder and stuff.

I'm sure that things will get better and gradually shift back to normal if we continue staying home and staying safe — safety amongst everyone is the top priority, and worrying about your education/putting education above your health is not okay. Make sure not to stress too much! Think about how fun it'll be once we get back! Even though that will take time, the waiting and patience will pay off.

Remember that you're doing great already and I'm really proud of you! :)

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything