Self/Body Image

Show
  1. Heart
    Anna-lol / Oct 27 2020 12.21

Hi! I'm 12 years old and a girl. I am struggling a lot with self/body image. I feel like I have kind of a square face. It's so embarrassing to talk about :/. I cried myself to sleep about it last night. I've spoken to my Mom and Grandma and brother about it and they all say I have a heart shaped face and that I'm 'pretty' and all that but honestly I don't think I am. I've also spoken to one of my friends about it and he reassured me the same. I think about it a lot a lot.. like when I'm watching movies or TV and stuff I'm always comparing my physical appearance to them and worrying that I'm not good enough. I have medium blonde hair that barely ever goes where I want it to (lol), my forehead is MASSIVE and I have quite a few spots and stuff (I'm working on the spots) but my body is like skinny . I worry about my future and other people's opinions because of it. I think I have a nice personality but real life, physical me I'm not too keen on. I have a fat, square face and I do not know what to do or how to get rid of it, or even how to make myself feel better about it. People like Nathalie Kelley and a few others make me feel more confident but my face is fat and I really don't have cheekbones like theirs, I probably could if I tried but IDK what to do. Please help. I just wanna cry about it a lot and I really don't know what to do.

2. Childline Avatar

Hi! I'm 12 years old and a girl. I am struggling a lot with self/body image. I feel like I have kind of a square face. It's so embarrassing to talk about :/. I cried myself to sleep about it last night. I've spoken to my Mom and Grandma and brother about it and they all say I have a heart shaped face and that I'm 'pretty' and all that but honestly I don't think I am. I've also spoken to one of my friends about it and he reassured me the same. I think about it a lot a lot.. like when I'm watching movies or TV and stuff I'm always comparing my physical appearance to them and worrying that I'm not good enough. I have medium blonde hair that barely ever goes where I want it to (lol), my forehead is MASSIVE and I have quite a few spots and stuff (I'm working on the spots) but my body is like skinny . I worry about my future and other people's opinions because of it. I think I have a nice personality but real life, physical me I'm not too keen on. I have a fat, square face and I do not know what to do or how to get rid of it, or even how to make myself feel better about it. People like Nathalie Kelley and a few others make me feel more confident but my face is fat and I really don't have cheekbones like theirs, I probably could if I tried but IDK what to do. Please help. I just wanna cry about it a lot and I really don't know what to do.

VicZiclick / Apr 17 2021 22.58

hi im 14 and i just wanted to say i understand how youre feeling. but the good thing is that its get better. not everyone is going to like ypu but thats ok. there are loads of people on earth. eventually you will find that one person who loves you just the way you are. please dont try change yourself for others, trust me it doesnt end well for anyone. you are gorgeous <3

3. Childline Avatar

Temporary51049802 / Apr 21 2021 23.11

Girl same my head is so square idk what to say but embrase it, but honesly you shouldnt hide it but i just wear a corona face mask on my chin honestly its a life saver

4. Childline Avatar

MistyWorkingFrog8994 / Jun 21 2021 17.44

what i think helps is practising body neutrality instead. like ur body isnt positive or negative just a machine to fuel your life. so next time maybe say even when you get compliments they dont matter nor do the negative thoughts. because the fact you are an amazing human on this earth is more important than any body is.

5. Butterfly
    SadGirlyGirl / Sep 12 2021 23.43

Hello! I am in the exact same boat as you! I just have a very long face! But I really fo relate to the massive forhead thing! Look at Angelina Jolie and Rihanna! They have big foreheads and they are just as beautiful as you are! For the spots, honey works really well overnight, consider starting a skincare routine if you are really insecure about them! You just have an intelligent brain! Personally, I like the CeraVe foaming facial cleanser, just find one that works for you! I am super skinny too, one of my friends call me a stick! But beauty trends come and go! Now most people wnat a kim k shaped body but honestly she had work done! Beauty standards are not realistic so love yourself!

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything