If you think you are being hurt, talk here and we can solve it together!

This content might introduce themes and ideas that may be confusing or shocking if you have not experienced them before.   

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Physical Abuse

Show
  1. Superstar
    Starry0-0 / Oct 26 2020 23.02

Hi this is a thread for anyone who thinks they maybe physically abused by anyone, I've been through it and you don't have to go through it alone :)

2. Childline Avatar
    Starry0-0 / Oct 26 2020 23.02

Hi this is a thread for anyone who thinks they maybe physically abused by anyone, I've been through it and you don't have to go through it alone :)

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh / Nov 17 2020 19.34

thanks

3. Small
    Omnivore / Nov 20 2020 17.58

does choking count as a form of abuse? do ”locks” like headlocks or leg locks to where they almost break your knee count? my parents never keft rbuses but always made sure to hurt me

4. Superstar

does choking count as a form of abuse? do ”locks” like headlocks or leg locks to where they almost break your knee count? my parents never keft rbuses but always made sure to hurt me

Starry0-0 / Nov 29 2020 16.02

Uhm, YES!! Please tell somebody, that is wrong and extremely dangerous, and by somebody, I mean like your school or police. You should not be hurt like that and every has a right to be safe. :(!

Wish you like, June :)

5. Childline Avatar
    My-Name-Is-Meg / Nov 29 2020 18.53

im pretty sure my girlfriend is physically and menatlly abusing me but i love her so STRESS

6. Bookworm
    Bo0kw0rm22 / Dec 03 2020 23.12

Hi so my dad will hit my brother alot of the time if hes in trouble or gets a detention, but with me he'll just call me a disappointment and says that I'm better of dead to him, he blames everything on me, even if he hurts my brother its always my fault, and im really confused because i know its not my fault but he makes me feel like it is, is that abuse?

7. Artist

creative20 / Jan 11 2021 16.42

Yes it's abuse but I don't know if it's illegal. I mean, I don't know if it's illegal if they never leave bruises or anything like that but I think it is, it's best to tell a teacher. Even if it turns out it isn't illegal it's best to tell a teacher. If you are too scared, take a picture of the bruise if they do at some point bruise you and then show someone when you feel like you can tell.

8. Childline Avatar
    My-Name-Is-Meg / Nov 29 2020 18.53

im pretty sure my girlfriend is physically and menatlly abusing me but i love her so STRESS

Temporary95092210 / Jan 18 2021 21.53

I know you probably love your girlfriend but its not okay for her to be abusing you anyway,,maybe try confronting her and if it gets way out of hand you need to distant yourself for your saftey and wellbeing❤️ i hope this helped and your doing well now :) Good luck💗

9. Childline Avatar
    Temporary49107421 / Jan 21 2021 10.27

Hi. im really confused wheather i have been or not. So my Dad likes to annoy me as if on purpose or always tries to start arguments over really petty things. He gets a bit violent but not for disoplinary reasons, mainly just because he didnt get his own way, or hes stressed out and you say something wrong. I dont know if he is or not because i know peiple go through worse. ill just name some of the things he does and i guess ill find out. Hair pulling, pushing, squeezing my face, kicking, throwing me or things at me, and he scrubbed a cloth over my face till my skin felt like it was burning and try to stop me breathing. People go through way worse so i feel really bad for being here but i feel stuck. What makes it confusing is my mum will say its wrong one min and then blame me the other or my dad will be nice one minuite and then the other he turns. I can be difficult sometimes, if my dad trues to annoy me its got to the point where now ill refuse to do whatever i was going to do and then it gets violent so reflecting back on it maybe i bring it on myself. I just needed to get it off my chest so thank you.

10. Childline Avatar
    Temporary49107421 / Jan 21 2021 10.27

Hi. im really confused wheather i have been or not. So my Dad likes to annoy me as if on purpose or always tries to start arguments over really petty things. He gets a bit violent but not for disoplinary reasons, mainly just because he didnt get his own way, or hes stressed out and you say something wrong. I dont know if he is or not because i know peiple go through worse. ill just name some of the things he does and i guess ill find out. Hair pulling, pushing, squeezing my face, kicking, throwing me or things at me, and he scrubbed a cloth over my face till my skin felt like it was burning and try to stop me breathing. People go through way worse so i feel really bad for being here but i feel stuck. What makes it confusing is my mum will say its wrong one min and then blame me the other or my dad will be nice one minuite and then the other he turns. I can be difficult sometimes, if my dad trues to annoy me its got to the point where now ill refuse to do whatever i was going to do and then it gets violent so reflecting back on it maybe i bring it on myself. I just needed to get it off my chest so thank you.

jsnsnsnwnnwwnw / Jan 22 2021 13.34

please please tell someone this is both emotional and physical abuse! maybe a teacher or a trusted adult or even talk to childline. this can help both you and your dad :)

11. Childline Avatar
    poppedcornkid / Jan 25 2021 8.58

Hello,

I have been feeling down ever since lockdown started by my father has been making it worse. He is not an evil person as he cares for me and my siblings and wants us to do our best. However, certain methods of his parenting have been bothering and hurting me for several years and only recently have I felt I should speak up about this. He frequently verbally abuses me and my siblings which puts us down and makes us feel bad. He claims it is "joking" but it is so frequent and consistent that I can't take it.

His method of discipline is physical abuse and blackmail and he is emotionally manipulative that even when he is in the wrong he will twist it to make me look bad. It feels like I can't talk about it to him about my problems because he never listens to my issues/ always talks over me/ talks about himself and makes it all about him an I've just given up with him honestly. I am certain my siblings feel the same way but haven't spoke up either because they're scared or unsure. My siblings are pretty toxic/ annoying but I don't blame them because they have been brought up by my Dad.

I don't know what to do/ who to talk to and quite honestly I don't wanna live here anymore.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything