Show
  1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Oct 09 2020 14.29

Hi everyone,

We’re really excited to let you all know that from Monday, 12th October, you’ll be able to talk to the counsellors from 7:30 am until 3:30 am, every day.  We know that some of the changes Childline had to make were really hard for you, so I hope this is good news!

To make sure the counsellors can answer every young person waiting, you won’t be able to join the chat queue after 2am.  But you can call right up until 3:30am.  And you can still send email at any time too.

And, as always, let us know what you think and how you get on if you do talk to the counsellors!

Take care,

Jas-Host

2. Scientist
    Jas-Host / Oct 09 2020 14.29

Hi everyone,

We’re really excited to let you all know that from Monday, 12th October, you’ll be able to talk to the counsellors from 7:30 am until 3:30 am, every day.  We know that some of the changes Childline had to make were really hard for you, so I hope this is good news!

To make sure the counsellors can answer every young person waiting, you won’t be able to join the chat queue after 2am.  But you can call right up until 3:30am.  And you can still send email at any time too.

And, as always, let us know what you think and how you get on if you do talk to the counsellors!

Take care,

Jas-Host

Griffindorgeek / Oct 11 2020 22.50

thank you for making this possible as this is the only time i can secretly talk and get support thank you so much

3. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Oct 13 2020 10.34

Hi Griffindorgeek,

Thank you for posting this as it's so important we hear about the impact on the times you can talk and have support and what this means to you.

We're really glad these longer hours are again possible.

Take care,

Jas-Host

4. Mute
    Griffindorgeek / Oct 11 2020 22.50

thank you for making this possible as this is the only time i can secretly talk and get support thank you so much

emojilove2 / Oct 15 2020 17.00

Hi Jas do you mean on the phone or online ? Thankyou Alina

5. Scientist
    Griffindorgeek / Oct 16 2020 16.06

hi jas i was just eindering does the same apy fit the app?

6. Reaching out
    emojilove2 / Oct 15 2020 17.00

Hi Jas do you mean on the phone or online ? Thankyou Alina

Jas-Host / Oct 16 2020 19.40

Hi Alina,

So, you can talk until 3:30am on 1-2-1 chat and by calling 0800 1111. But, to make sure everyone who is waiting for a chat can get through, you can't join the chat queue after 2am.

It means if you're in the queue before 2am, that's ok and the counsellors will answer as soon as they can. But you won't see an option to join the queue if you come on after 2am. With everything that's going on, there still aren't the same number of counsellors able to be on but we will keep you updated,.

You can call right up until 3:30am. And emails can be sent at anytime - they'll be answered within a day as usual.

And you can write a board post at any time. We're still accepting those right up until 11:30 at night. And any messages you post after then, you'll see the next day from 9am.

Hope that helps?

Take care,

Jas-Host

7. Reaching out
    Griffindorgeek / Oct 16 2020 16.06

hi jas i was just eindering does the same apy fit the app?

Jas-Host / Oct 16 2020 19.45

Hi Griffindorgeek,

That's a really good point and something I should have said. The way the app works means we can't set it the same way as the website, so we had to turn chat off on the app back in March.

That's just because we can't change what you see and do on the app at different times. But on the website, we can set it to not have the same buttons to join the chat queue after 2am.

Chat works the exact same way on the site, so you can still talk to the counsellors at these new times. And on the app, you can still post on the boards and send email in the usual ways.

Does that help?

Please ask anything that you're maybe not sure about and I'll help as best I can!

Jas-Host

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything