Ask Anything!!

Show
  1. Gamer
    atmapa / Sep 29 2020 15.02

Hi girls!

I'm a 16 year old girl and I am here to help! I have gone through some..... unusual times during puberty and I want to be there for other girls who are beginning/going through puberty. It's a confusing time, I know. But I will be here to answer any questions about absolutely a n y t h i n g!! I lost my virginity at 15 so if there are any questions around sexual health, what its like etc feel free to ask! I tend to respond between 4-8pm as thats when im on my computer doing homework :) I also went to a private school and have done my GCSE's (well.... i was supposed to sit them June this year buuuuut.... covid) I'm at sixth form currently doing psychology, sociology and history so if anyone has questions/concerns about school and friendshisps, i will answer those too :)

I hope I can help someone out, we need to stick together

xoxo, A

2. Childline Avatar
    KlaudiJ / Oct 05 2020 18.21

hey girl im also 16, im slightly concerned about why my period is really late as im currently on my 37th day since my last one started, i ruled out pregnancy already so im not sure what else it could be, help a girl out if you can

3. Gamer
    KlaudiJ / Oct 05 2020 18.21

hey girl im also 16, im slightly concerned about why my period is really late as im currently on my 37th day since my last one started, i ruled out pregnancy already so im not sure what else it could be, help a girl out if you can

atmapa / Oct 06 2020 16.44

hey :)

the amount of times i have been in this position is countless. my friends girlfriend also had this. i can tell you now, it is nothing to worry about. no female who experiences periods will ever have a secure cycle, especially in their teens. late periods doesn't always mean pregnancy and i see you have ruled that out already which is good.

there are many other reasons as to why periods can be late: stress, being under/over weight, recently (within past 2 or 3 years) started having periods, hormonal imbalances and in some rare cases serious medical conditions or menopause. the last two are extremely rare for someone of your age and i can very almost guarantee you it isn't those however i mentioned them so i can remind you that if it continuous to be late and you don't experience your period next month it might be worth speaking to a doctor.

but if you dont know already, menopause is when periods stop and you are unable to have children. menopause usually occurs in your late 40s early 50s and is rare for teenagers however it can happen.

if you are stressed at school or worried about anything, that could be a cause of your late period, if you are not eating well (eating too little or too much) this could also be a cause.

like i said, ive been in the same position but it turned out to all be ok :) periods are not fully explained. every part of your body affects another part. i never even knew stress could cause late periods until my mum told me a year ago!! you have nothing to worry about. you're only 16, periods in teenagers are still trying to regulate. periods tend to become more regular and "easier" when you're in your 20s ish.

if you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask :) x

4. Childline Avatar
    KlaudiJ / Oct 06 2020 19.05

thank goodness, i started my period when i was around 11 and ever since is has been regular which is probably why I'm so worried about it. thank you for your help x

5. Childline Avatar
    LongName / Oct 07 2020 17.17

hi I’m a girl and i have a crush on another girl that i’m friends with. I told her I think she’s cute but she didn’t get the hint. I thinkt he crush is just temporary but boyyyy I really like her. but i’m only 11 so im wayy too young for dating and crushes. this was more of a vent but ig have u ever been a similar situation? how do u not act awkward bc I stare at her sometimes and class. I might look creeepy haha

6. Gamer
    LongName / Oct 07 2020 17.17

hi I’m a girl and i have a crush on another girl that i’m friends with. I told her I think she’s cute but she didn’t get the hint. I thinkt he crush is just temporary but boyyyy I really like her. but i’m only 11 so im wayy too young for dating and crushes. this was more of a vent but ig have u ever been a similar situation? how do u not act awkward bc I stare at her sometimes and class. I might look creeepy haha

atmapa / Oct 08 2020 16.20

hey! omg girrrrrl i am in the same position!! and i have been in your position before when i was 12/13. personally, i started dating at 11 but it practically ruined my life so im not saying you should or shouldnt date. it will be a different experience for everyone :) if the girl you have a crush on is unaware of your sexuality, i suggest you have a chat with her to discuss your sexuality first because even with friends it is best to make your sexuality known but that is only if you feel safe to do so and comfortable. crushes can be annoying and difficult to manage, im finding that out myself at the moment. it helps that you are both friends because giving her a hug or saying she's cute etc will seem friendly, however the impact of this is that it may strengthen your crush. i suggest if it continues and begins to feel unbearable, it may turn out that you tell her how you feel. make it clear to her that you dont want to come across creepy etc but im sure she'll understand. girls do tend to be very understanding about these things but i dont know her personally so i cant really say anything specific about her. crushes at your age are normal and you may still be trying to figure out your sexuality so try not to let it overload your thoughts (however i do know this is hard!!) but yeah, keep going as you are, if she asks it may be wise to let her know of your feelings and how you wish to continue so that means whether or not you want to be with her romantically etc. feel free to keep me updated if you need any more help :) xxx

7. Childline Avatar
    atmapa / Sep 29 2020 15.02

Hi girls!

I'm a 16 year old girl and I am here to help! I have gone through some..... unusual times during puberty and I want to be there for other girls who are beginning/going through puberty. It's a confusing time, I know. But I will be here to answer any questions about absolutely a n y t h i n g!! I lost my virginity at 15 so if there are any questions around sexual health, what its like etc feel free to ask! I tend to respond between 4-8pm as thats when im on my computer doing homework :) I also went to a private school and have done my GCSE's (well.... i was supposed to sit them June this year buuuuut.... covid) I'm at sixth form currently doing psychology, sociology and history so if anyone has questions/concerns about school and friendshisps, i will answer those too :)

I hope I can help someone out, we need to stick together

xoxo, A

Madonnaontheblk / Oct 08 2020 17.22

When are period ment to start

8. Gamer
    Madonnaontheblk / Oct 08 2020 17.22

When are period ment to start

atmapa / Oct 08 2020 19.46

hello :) periods dont have a specific age they are supposed to start at. its different for every female. i started mine at around 14 but someone i know started theirs when they were 17 so its different for everyone. you dont have to worry if you or someone you know hasnt started theirs, its very normal for periods to be delayed, like i said, its different for everyone :)

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/periods/#:~:text=Periods%20usually%20begin%20at%20around,more%20about%20girls%20and%20puberty.

i hope this helps you aswell :) x

9. Outcast
    TransForLifeBois / Oct 08 2020 21.11

Hi!

Oh god, i need to vent quick. So at my school we’re starting RSE lessons next week but the thing is i’m lgbt. I’m a girl by sex but im trans, im also lesbian but when i transition idk what i’ll be. Being lesbian is bad enough because i go to a religious school, however i know some other lgbt people who go there and they’re fine. I’m super worried because they might not talk about lgbt and me being trans is quite bad. I think they split up between the two sex’s but maybe not because of covid. I hope not because i’ll be learning about girl’s puberty when i won’t even be one by the time i go to college. How crazy is that!?

If anyone has any tips or whatever please message me back soon. I have three days till they start teaching it please hurry. Also even though i havent transitioned yet i am using a boy name so please respect that. Thanks!

Yours sincerely,

Jayden xx

10. Gamer
    atmapa / Oct 10 2020 12.41

hi Jayden, i was probably insensitive when in my first post i made, i referred to everyone as girls, so first of all i do apologise if that caused you any distress. its reassuring to know that some people you know there are accepting of you however i do recognise that you may feel uncomfortable talking to a teacher. if you do get put with the other girls then it will still be informative for you because if in the future you decide to date a girl, you will be able to understand. if you would like to know more about puberty boys experience then there is no harm in searching it up :) just be aware of what you look at, the nhs website is good for this sort of thing: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sexual-health/stages-of-puberty-what-happens-to-boys-and-girls/

even if you havent transitioned, you should still be respected and those who know about it should respect your chosen name and pronouns. just because you havent transitioned, that doesnt mean you cant identify as a boy :) i think that in this day and age, those type of lessons should not be separated. its important for everyone to have an understanding of puberty in both sexes. but hey, thats my opinion, i cant change the laws!!

i hope this helps you. im not sure on puberty in boys so i probably wont be the best person to answer any questions on that however there is a boys puberty message board on the childline webiste and you can also use the link ive added in this message.

hope this helps you, Jayden (nice name!!!) xx

11. Prisoner
    Pelicany / Oct 10 2020 16.27

hi im may

im only ten and ive had 2 periods most of my friends havent started puberty so its kind of awkward. i have a friend who is a bit older than me who is going through it but she just moved away so i only have my cousin and another friend.and i feel nervous to talk about it in a video callbecause normally one of my brothers are there so i dont want to talk about it

im not sure why im sending this but oh well

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything